• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Tired of broke bloggers giving you advice? Within minutes, get millionaire advice from real entrepreneurs who live the dream.

GOLD Four Years of The Fastlane Forum

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by RHL, Aug 1, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $219,396
    Admin Post
    Yes. UNSCRIPTED is about making a declaration of independence -- kinda what just happened in this thread!

2. inputchip

inputchip Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $506
    This is enough motivation for me. If this doesn't make you want get out of bed and work your ass off, I don't know what will. The material things are a nice bonus. The real prize is the the FREEDOM. Thank you @RHL for the motivation!

3. Mr.Chaos

Mr.Chaos Wolves love Ice Cream. Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,353
    This is so awesome man! Congrats, enjoy in the best of health! Can't wait to to see what year 8 looks like for you!

4. iizu

iizu Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $267
    This.

I seriously want to have this same conversation in the future :D

Damn.
    Damn.

Goddamn.

5. amp0193

amp0193 Platinum Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $27,871
    I used to get so many beeps on my phone, my co-worker asked "What are you, a drug dealer?"

Something like that...

6. Scuur

Scuur Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $274
    This thread is unreal. Gave me the feels good tingles. You got me with the first part I was a little saddened. I thought you gave up on your dreams. The lol Jk put an immediate smile on my face. Congrats on all your success!

Thank you again for posting this!

Kingmaker and Scot like this.
  7. RHL

RHL can i get a comprehensive guide please Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $60,625
    Brutal.

Focus on a product for sale or rent rather than a service you provide unless you can hire people to do it from day one. Don't make the mistake I did; if you're heavily entangled in the creation and implementation of your productocracy, freedom is slower, and harder, because every little bit you draw back lowers your income and puts freedom farther away. It's super tempting to want a magnitude play because it's faster to start and it might even give you a sort of celebrity feeling (flying out to give lectures, staying in hotels all the time). All that glitters is not gold. Let your packages get on a plane to Ohio or Kentucky while you get on a plane to the Maldives.

With your family.

And without your phone.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  8. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $37,213
    I love how questions regarding "parenting and entrepreneurship" go on this forum.

New members focus on the 'entrepreneur' part.
    As in, "how can I be my own boss properly if I'm a parent?"

Then the older members jump in and focus on the 'parenting' part.
    As in "how can you parent properly if you're always at someone else's workplace?"

Love it :)

9. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $125,743
    This should be required reading for anyone newly married and/or expecting.

Keep telling everyone you are working your brains out "for your family..."

10. BeFound Faithful

BeFound Faithful Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $506
    Thank you, RHL, for saying this:

It just makes better business-sense if fast lane is priority.

...my take away: choose good business over satisfying ego.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  11. Thoelk

Thoelk Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,048
    I like what you're saying here. How & when did you notice the need to switch? And how did you do it? You stayed in the same business but switched to a product? It seems insight that lots of us would easily ignore.. as a service seems to have the lower barrier to entry.

Thanks for your amazing story! It makes me, as a soon to be dad - both sad and motivated. Sad because Im nowhere near your level, but motivated because there is this "other way" to parenting. :)

Andy Black, Romeo D. and Kingmaker like this.
  12. letter9

letter9 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $377
    Amazing post!
    Kick in the a$$ I need now!

13. Marc B.

Marc B. Silver Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,150
    Congratulations on the milestones! It's incredible that you've earned this freedom that you can share with your family. Enjoy it!

14. Sfbloo

Sfbloo Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $131
    Inspirational story and congratulations. I wish I had read TMF pre kids and started the mind set change. I don't know you or your story but as a father of two it's a a great motivational push. If only there were more hours in the day!

Enjoy every moment with the little one. Great story

ZF Lee likes this.
  15. RHL

RHL can i get a comprehensive guide please Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $60,625
    Mr. Money Mustache is good for this, too. I know we give the ultra frugalists a hard time for eating roadkill and using toxic exhaust gasses from their furnace to dry their clothes, but real talk, the extreme early retirement people still aren't at work. They're still at home with their families. They're still free of the 9-5. They still figured out what matters. They're on the right track. They guy driving a Maserati who has to work 70 hours a week because of his $4,000/mo car payment, he's not on the right track.

16. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $125,743
    OT: My cleaning lady drives a current model Mercedes. I haven't yet determined if she is really smart or really stupid. It's possible she's loaded, and it's possible she's a maid with a Mercedes payment.

17. Chromozone

Chromozone Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $613
    Wow!! Thank you so much for sharing your story!

I love reading the success stories on this forum because it means you've brought real value to the world!

I wish you continued success both as an entrepreneur and as a parent! :)

Iammelissamoore and Andy Black like this.
  18. mathnkrayon

mathnkrayon New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $75
    I was fueled with your post, thanks man!
    I gotta work harder now

19. RHL

Rep Bank:
    $60,625
    I told this story after-hours at the summit a few years ago, but for my second graduate degree, the university didn't guarantee housing, so rather than paying $4000/mo to rent in Princeton, I went to Pennsylvania. At the cheap-as-hell apsrtment I rented, a lot of my neighbors had leased brand new M3s, C63 AMGs, and GT500s. I wonder what their dates thought when they came back to "da crib" and found out it was a $650/mo studio apartment where the marshall service served 3 warrants a weekend in full body armor.

20. RHL

Rep Bank:
    $60,625
    Had an absolutely horrible night last night. If you've never had kids, you should know that their development happens in waves, and when it happens the babies tend to regress, so as they develop new abilities, they start crying more, sleeping less, generally acting like they did when they were newborns.

Woke up so many times last night that I snoozed all 3 alarms this morning and missed my 5AM alarm for the gym. Woke up in a fog hours late. Day ruined, right?

I woke up to an email saying I sold $390 in product while I was asleep last night.

Now I'm going to the gym from 10AM-12PM. Because I can.

Productocracy: Your system has a good day, so you don't have to.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017 at 12:44 PM
  21. AArora

AArora Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $232
    Love it.

Parenthood, especially the first three months, can be brutal. Hang in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iammelissamoore and RHL like this.
  22. Iammelissamoore

Iammelissamoore Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,514
    I'm not going to lie, each of your stories are really appreciated on this forum - heck, this forum is deeply appreciated. I have read your story so many times, and the super cool responses, you all are inspiring each of us. I'm still in the beginning of my lane and getting my foundation going; however, I am motivated every-living-day that I come here. I read about the challenges, the failures, the lessons learnt, the tweaking from the failure to the lesson, I read about the positives you each add to people's lives, I read about the success, I read about the ability to be free, to do things, I read about contributing to communities and pledging to things you are passionate about, because you can. I am proud of where we all are, regardless of the point of journey we are, whether we are starting, midway, or onto another because of the previous success we've already experienced - we are all winning and this is phenomenal!

Congratulations, you are an inspiration, I wish you continued success and freedom to do great things with your family and thank you for taking the time to share your remarkable transformation.

Romeo D., AArora and MidwestLandlord like this.
  23. Slavi

Slavi Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $612
    @RHL this made my day mate, Rep+

24. SamuelMazzotta

SamuelMazzotta New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $32
    Really exciting dude!!Thank you so much for this awesome story!!
    It's an incredible, evidence of strenght and ironclad will that give me goosebumps;
    I'm a 28 age boy, a beautiful girl and a fantastic little 5 y boy, in Italy, and i struggle every day to build my own Freedom, between a work that i hate, a marvelous family and what comes out of it, web studyng and personal growth;
    Thank you for the proof that dreams can be realized, if you fight every day to do it.