The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

First job. Cold calling. Help?!

Marketing, social media, advertising

Maks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
May 26, 2014
Slovenia
Hey,

I remembered this forum from a long time ago and that some of you guys might want to help me out a bit. I just got my first real job while still going to college.

I need to call bank's clients and sell them credit cards, actually just make them come to the bank at a specific date and time so that they can sign the contract. I'm in a small country in EU so basically not many people have them and don't even know what they are, they all have unknown debit cards.

We had like 2h training just explaining basics of the program that calls and few lines but mostly we were on our own. Plus I'd say they aren't big experts themselves anyway.

So here's what I've been using since Monday when I started:

Hello, my name is X, I'm calling from Y bank.

Do I have mr/ms Z on the line? (yes)

Great. I'm calling to tell you about a new credit card A we're offering that might come in handy. Have you ever heard of it?

(they say no and I don't want it or they say no what is it about?)

This card will enable you to make purchases in separate chunks instead of in one big payment which makes it easier for you to buy more costly things. All of which you can set up by sending a single text message of how many chunks you'd wish to buy it for as you pay with your card.
Normally it is priced at X euros/year but due to coming holidays we offer it for half the price at Y euros and you can simply set it up at your local bank. Do you think this would be something for you?

if he says yes I say: great, could you come in on Xday? What time would be good for you?
and that is it.

Is this last sentence okay? (Do you think this would be something for you?) because we give him the chance to say no and I read somewhere we shouldn't do that. Anything else I could improve for this starting lines?

---
I searched the forum for cold calling phrase and didn't find anything so I hope this hasn't been asked too many times before. I noticed udemy has some cold calling 101, should I buy that maybe? I'm a total noob obviously.

Thanks in advance

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Hey,

if he says yes I say: great, could you come in on Xday? What time would be good for you?
and that is it.

Is this last sentence okay? (Do you think this would be something for you?) because we give him the chance to say no and I read somewhere we shouldn't do that. Anything else I could improve for this starting lines?

---
I searched the forum for cold calling phrase and didn't find anything so I hope this hasn't been asked too many times before. I noticed udemy has some cold calling 101, should I buy that maybe? I'm a total noob obviously.

Thanks in advance

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
This card will enable you to make purchases in separate chunks instead of in one big payment which makes it easier for you to buy more costly things. All of which you can set up by sending a single text message of how many chunks you'd wish to buy it for as you pay with your card.
Normally it is priced at X euros/year but due to coming holidays we offer it for half the price at Y euros and you can simply set it up at your local bank.

Damn, that sounds like a shitty credit card.

You have an annual fee? And then need to determine ahead of time the number of installments? And then confirm the installments via a text?

Are there rewards? If there's an annual fee there has to be rewards. If that's the case then pitch people on the rewards for doing their everyday shopping.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I remembered this forum from a long time ago and that some of you guys might want to help me out a bit.

I mean... sure... normally we're all about helping folks exceed and all that jazz but the way you worded this made it sound like you just want to "hit and run" the forum to solve a problem you have.

Why would anyone spend time out of their busy days to help someone who only comes to get their answers solved every few years without adding any value in return?

I don't mean to sound harsh here but you basically said "I need you to help me out because I just remembered you exist".

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Stop overthinking and start dialling. Cold calling is a numbers game, the more you call the better you get.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Try giving them 2 alternatives, rather than asking for a yes or no answer. It's a stronger closing line and it gives you somewhere to go with the conversation.

Keep trying, and hone your skills. I cried all the time during my first 3 months in real estate. That was over 40 years ago. BUT, I learned to handle people saying no and being mean to me. I learned to how to sell, and I've made selling a game -- where I have good percentages of wins. Success is the best medicine for a bruised ego.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
This is a garbage cold call script for a terrible product.

Every question is a yes/no and then you just ask them to come to the bank on x date?

They'll just say yes and forget about you before they hang up the phone.

Or say no and hang up the phone.

Maks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
May 26, 2014
Slovenia
Wow thanks for such a quick responses! Please excuse my English.

Damn, that sounds like a shitty credit card.

You have an annual fee? And then need to determine ahead of time the number of installments? And then confirm the installments via a text?

Are there rewards? If there's an annual fee there has to be rewards. If that's the case then pitch people on the rewards for doing their everyday shopping.
Yes there's a fixed annual fee 12 euros/year half price, normally 24€. + they take interest. And no the text message is for you write how many installments you wanna have for each item so when you buy something the bank sends you a text how many installments do you want? and you reply 3, 5 or whetever so that's what's that about. There are no rewards. The deal is probably shitty because people just don't know anything about it you know they are just happy they can buy a tv, an ipad and a juice maker all in one month now. I would never have this card. I got to sell it tho and my paycheck is fixed no matter how much I sell so for now I only care about sales in order to improve my skill so that one day when I actually sell something I love I can do it well.

I mean... sure... normally we're all about helping folks exceed and all that jazz but the way you worded this made it sound like you just want to "hit and run" the forum to solve a problem you have.

Why would anyone spend time out of their busy days to help someone who only comes to get their answers solved every few years without adding any value in return?

I don't mean to sound harsh here but you basically said "I need you to help me out because I just remembered you exist".
I wrote it that way because that's exactly what I meant as you said. I have no value to give right now as I haven't mastered anything yet to the point of being smart about it. I wouldn't look at it in a bad way as you did tho. I'd think this dude was obviously impressed enough with us few years back so that he came back and maybe if we give him another good advice he will come back again, maybe in few months now not years, and maybe then we will have a new regular visitor that after time as he gains experiences because of our help he will share those experiences with us. If you want to learn motocross tho I can give you some advice about that:) And I'm sorry if this sounds in anyway wrong to you I realize you're respected a lot therefore I'm trying to be as honest as possible as a sign of respect and not to kiss your a$$ and pretend to give any bs value.

Stop overthinking and start dialling. Cold calling is a numbers game, the more you call the better you get.
I do call everyday so that's not the point. Tho I realized I'm not getting much better just by talking, sure my instincts about some things really are getting better but I don't think I'll figure out on my own what's best to say in some situations just by calling at least not as fast so some elder advice would give me fast track.
Here's some free, easy, advice anyway - go ask the top performers at your workplace what they say.

Then say that.
The problem is the boss of the office that has 30 students atm is some fat lady who told me to say the above plus some nice things like we're calling with great purpose and we have an offer for you because you've been a great customer and like we have a really great product for your and things like that which just sound so cheezy to me like only extremly dumb people would fall for it. Do you think that is the problem? Am I not using enough "nice" adjectives?

Maks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
May 26, 2014
Slovenia
Try giving them 2 alternatives, rather than asking for a yes or no answer. It's a stronger closing line and it gives you somewhere to go with the conversation.

Keep trying, and hone your skills. I cried all the time during my first 3 months in real estate. That was over 40 years ago. BUT, I learned to handle people saying no and being mean to me. I learned to how to sell, and I've made selling a game -- where I have good percentages of wins. Success is the best medicine for a bruised ego.
I'm not sure what you mean by giving them 2 alternatices? you mean the date? Sometimes I say so which day would work for you best and go from there but mostly they are just moaning and gives the impression they don't really wanna think about it which is natural so my boss said it's best to just pressure them into giving a date otherwise they really don't know or hesitate cuz they don't really wanna come but if you say does monday work okay they're like gh sure I'll be there or no let's do tuesday.

This is a garbage cold call script for a terrible product.

Every question is a yes/no and then you just ask them to come to the bank on x date?

They'll just say yes and forget about you before they hang up the phone.

Or say no and hang up the phone.
You're right haha didn't notice that actually all of my questions are yes or no, will think about it a bit on how to change it but not sure if it's even wrong if questions are yes or no. Product is terible I agree but it's like the first credit card in the country so people still go for it. And I feel they won't forget because like sometimes I get the feeling they are a bit scared when you call from a bank but not sure. Do you have any other suggestions?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I did policital sales before on the phone, never ever ever again ask if they've heard of the card that is horrible. Sales is about quickly building rapport and conditioning someone's mind to say yes. You could do something like this.... Hey a**hole ( or they're name) might be better, how's it going xxxx based on they're answer and tone of voice you can alter your pitch. If they are in a good mood try to ask them a leading question. "Hey a**hole how's it going?" I'm doing pretty good! "That's great to hear, I'm just calling on behalf of (company name ) and this will be super quick I'm not gonna waste your time. I'm sure you'd like to save some extra cash every month right a**hole? That's a leading question.. There's not a chance in hell he's saying no. Again based on his answer you can alter your pitch. He'll say yes is like to save money but wtf r u selling me? Then mb proceed on as " well what are you paying right now for xxxx blah blah blah. Get him to open up on bhis current payments and since he's even talking to you , there's a potential close if you don't screw up, now you have to convince him why your xxxx is better. Throw your script in the garbage it's useless. Build your own script, typical noob mistake which makes you sound like a robot. You wil be rejected for the majority of your shift FYI. Kinda funny, I sold for $20 one time after 4 huge no"s from the same person.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Another thing you need to do is homework on other cards, so in your pitch you can say, " well you know the xxx has a cxxx interest rate and ours is beating it at xxxx it has a far greater benefeits etc. make sure you know what your talking about

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Also not sure if your allowed to do this but you can always down sell a different product.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
You're right haha didn't notice that actually all of my questions are yes or no, will think about it a bit on how to change it but not sure if it's even wrong if questions are yes or no. Product is terible I agree but it's like the first credit card in the country so people still go for it. And I feel they won't forget because like sometimes I get the feeling they are a bit scared when you call from a bank but not sure. Do you have any other suggestions?

I forgot to say, cultural norms are also different. People are fairly blunt in the US.

In the US I'd recommend not even directly asking if they're on the line. Here is the outline of the script I use that gets sales all day in the US:

You: "Hello, John?" (intonation of a question)
Customer: "Yes...?"
Y: "Hi John, my name's SquatchMan with Bank ABC and we're giving you a call today regarding our new credit card."
[benefits]
[Ask some questions, build rapport, and assume the sale]
You: "Glad you like it John. We have open slots on Monday and Tuesday. Which works best?"

I can't emphasize how much I hate the IDEA of calling people with the end goal of getting them to drive to a bank and sign up for a credit card. I know it's not your decision, but closing people over the phone is a million times easier than getting them to drive over (people are lazy).

I use a script with the same general outline as the above and close people all day. Honestly, I think it's more in the delivery than the script, but a good script helps.

In the US if calling B2C we have to state our name, company, address the person, the reason for the call, and a call back number within the first 30 seconds. If it is being recorded, then you have to mention that too.

Last edited:

Denim Chicken

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jun 5, 2010
California

Great. I'm calling to tell you about a new credit card A we're offering that might come in handy. Have you ever heard of it?

(they say no and I don't want it or they say no what is it about?)

Normally it is priced at X euros/year but due to coming holidays we offer it for half the price at Y euros and you can simply set it up at your local bank. Do you think this would be something for you?

and that is it.

Well to echo what @AgainstAllOdds said, it sounds like a terrible credit card. And when you have a shitty product offering, there's only so much you can do to sell it. And on top of that, it's not like the CC is anything special, unless I'm mistaken that your country/area would benefit from this offer.

Your current script:
Great. I'm calling to tell you about a new credit (You have lost most people by this point for sure) card A we're offering that might come in handy. Have you ever heard of it?​

Tip: If you want to sell, particularly something that is financial like a credit card, no body wants to be sold. The defense goes up and being pushy immediately brings up a person's inner scam guard.

I would try something like:

"Hi May I speak with Mr. Smith? (This is him speaking)

My name is Rick from Bank of America and am giving you a courtesy call to let you know about a new credit option that is available for certain member that are banking with us. It allows you to QUICK BENEFIT 1, BENEFIT 2. Is that something you would like to activate?"​

Notice the choice of words. Activate is a much easier sell than sign up or come in. Once they express any sort of interest, you can then go into the details and ultimately get a commitment for them to come in on a SPECIFIC time/date for an appointment where you will personally handle the matter (I'm guessing?).

When you call someone, your main objective is a quick intro and something said to buy you the next 20-30 seconds before they get a word in edgewise. Get them intrigued. Speak clearly and slowly as speaking fast sounds like a sales pitch. Don't lie.

Maks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
May 26, 2014
Slovenia
I'd recommend grabbing an audio version of Grant Cardone's "Sell or be Sold"
Will get it and listen to it, thank you.

I did policital sales before on the phone, never ever ever again ask if they've heard of the card that is horrible. Sales is about quickly building rapport and conditioning someone's mind to say yes. You could do something like this.... Hey a**hole ( or they're name) might be better, how's it going xxxx based on they're answer and tone of voice you can alter your pitch. If they are in a good mood try to ask them a leading question. "Hey a**hole how's it going?" I'm doing pretty good! "That's great to hear, I'm just calling on behalf of (company name ) and this will be super quick I'm not gonna waste your time. I'm sure you'd like to save some extra cash every month right a**hole? That's a leading question.. There's not a chance in hell he's saying no. Again based on his answer you can alter your pitch. He'll say yes is like to save money but wtf r u selling me? Then mb proceed on as " well what are you paying right now for xxxx blah blah blah. Get him to open up on bhis current payments and since he's even talking to you , there's a potential close if you don't screw up, now you have to convince him why your xxxx is better. Throw your script in the garbage it's useless. Build your own script, typical noob mistake which makes you sound like a robot. You wil be rejected for the majority of your shift FYI. Kinda funny, I sold for $20 one time after 4 huge no"s from the same person.

Another thing you need to do is homework on other cards, so in your pitch you can say, " well you know the xxx has a cxxx interest rate and ours is beating it at xxxx it has a far greater benefeits etc. make sure you know what your talking about
Thanks, this is super important I just realized! So obvious but nobody is doing it in this firm, nobody knows competition nor what they're talking about really because our boss says we should just say that we don't have that info and that's another reason for them to see the bank. So I will do the homework I'm 100% sure it will help a lot.

I forgot to say, cultural norms are also different. People are fairly blunt in the US.

In the US I'd recommend not even directly asking if they're on the line. Here is the outline of the script I use that gets sales all day in the US:

Y: "Hi John, my name's SquatchMan with Bank ABC and we're giving you a call today regarding our new credit card."
[benefits]
You: "Glad you like it John. We have open slots on Monday and Tuesday. Which works best?"
Probably yes, I think here you need to adress by last name and all otherwise you're disrespectful but not a big deal. One thing to note is def I haven't been adding in enough benifits that it has although it doesn't have much but I will also add some standard ones so that it sounds like a big list at least. Good point. Also building rapport, first time I heard of this word. I think we don't have it in our language. Def something that will bring me more sales and something I need to work on as I call. Thanks for your advice.

Well to echo what @AgainstAllOdds said, it sounds like a terrible credit card. And when you have a shitty product offering, there's only so much you can do to sell it. And on top of that, it's not like the CC is anything special, unless I'm mistaken that your country/area would benefit from this offer.

Your current script:
Great. I'm calling to tell you about a new credit (You have lost most people by this point for sure) card A we're offering that might come in handy. Have you ever heard of it?​

Tip: If you want to sell, particularly something that is financial like a credit card, no body wants to be sold. The defense goes up and being pushy immediately brings up a person's inner scam guard.

I would try something like:

"Hi May I speak with Mr. Smith? (This is him speaking)

My name is Rick from Bank of America and am giving you a courtesy call to let you know about a new credit option that is available for certain member that are banking with us. It allows you to QUICK BENEFIT 1, BENEFIT 2. Is that something you would like to activate?"​

Notice the choice of words. Activate is a much easier sell than sign up or come in. Once they express any sort of interest, you can then go into the details and ultimately get a commitment for them to come in on a SPECIFIC time/date for an appointment where you will personally handle the matter (I'm guessing?).

When you call someone, your main objective is a quick intro and something said to buy you the next 20-30 seconds before they get a word in edgewise. Get them intrigued. Speak clearly and slowly as speaking fast sounds like a sales pitch. Don't lie.
This is so helpful! I totally see why this would pass their defence reflex and others won't. And no I do not personally handle the matter I just call people all over the country from a call center and then they go to their closest local bank asking to signup for credit cards.

-------
Over the weekend I will research, write a new pitch and think of things to say in different scenarions, learn about sales some more and let you guys know how I do. I also wrote down today some reasons people say why they don't need it like I do not like to buy on credit or I don't see why buying on credit is something I would need I just pay all my bills straight away so I will come up with answers for that and maybe push in some other benifits for the cards besides enabling you to buy on credit etc.
-------
It's been my first week at work, I called 5h/day = 25h. With the upper pitch I set about 3 dates/day so 3 dates/5h and about 5-20 more per day of people that said I am interested I will come but due to my job I do not know when(some ofc will not come) but some said like but it will be next week for sure. And people that picked up was around 180/5h so I'm looking at 8% close rate I guess if I take 10 will come out of those 5-20 that say they'll come whenever. if this is how it's done. And until now only 2 people hung up as soon as I started talking about selling and 1 was very angry every one else is super nice sometimes even apologizing to me that the fact that they have so little money prevents them otherwise they would take it etc.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
the product and sales process for the product suck. Since you're comfy cold calling, go ahead and start looking for a better product to sell.

Oh, and one that actually pays you some kind of commission. Talk about a broken incentive structure.

Maks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
May 26, 2014
Slovenia
What's up guys, I'm back with some more feedback I got.

But first, some additional comments to older posts.

If they are in a good mood try to ask them a leading question. "Hey a**hole how's it going?" I'm doing pretty good! "That's great to hear, I'm just calling on behalf of (company name ) and this will be super quick I'm not gonna waste your time. I'm sure you'd like to save some extra cash every month right a**hole? That's a leading question.. There's not a chance in hell he's saying no. Again based on his answer you can alter your pitch. He'll say yes is like to save money but wtf r u selling me? Then mb proceed on as " well what are you paying right now for xxxx blah blah blah. Get him to open up on bhis current payments and since he's even talking to you , there's a potential close if you don't screw up, now you have to convince him why your xxxx is better.
I don't find this working at all. In our country nobody asks how are you doing to total strangers because they know u don't really care about them and just want to sell something so this line not working. Also they told us in the company we shouldn't use phrases like it's only gonna take a min we won't waste your time etc. cuz it gives the impression that we're stealing their time while we want to make an impression that they are blessed to have our time because we offer them something of value. So I also don't like that line. Other than that thanks I see the importance of asking questions like how much are you paying right now for xxxx to start getting him to talk and open up.

Here is the outline of the script I use that gets sales all day in the US:

[benefits]
One problem I see here is that you don't give them a chance to say I do not have time right now or I already have it or go to hell and so on. Becuase if u just say hey is it you? yes. and you start talking, explaining everything you waste 1min just to learn that he already has it or doesn't want to talk to you anyways or really doesn't have the time to talk. So in my experience there need to be some line inbetween mentioning you're calling about a card and totally explaining everything. Hence my What have you heard about it already? line comes in so they can say fck off, call later or whatever. Other than that nice.

the product and sales process for the product suck. Since you're comfy cold calling, go ahead and start looking for a better product to sell.

Oh, and one that actually pays you some kind of commission. Talk about a broken incentive structure.
I can not decide which product to sell what company gives me I must sell. I do not mind it tho because I don't care whether I sell credit cards or diet pills I just try to get as god as I can. Also I'm guessing that the bank or whoever hires our company to do calls for them they pay them fixed price not based on how many people actually we call/get there so they also don't care about how much we actually sell therefore no rewards. Unless on some special project that firm does I guess, I'm still new here so need to figure out the policy of the firm still.

Other than that I noticed by changing the first line from "telling you about a new credit card" to "is activating this something you might want" works a lot better and also some other smaller things.

One new thing that happened is that I got asigned to a cold calling new project which I will write about here in a few hours.

Maks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
May 26, 2014
Slovenia
So I've been asigned to sell a new product for a bank last week.

A product called "complete package" where basically for 5€/month ie. 60€/year you get free almost every other service for example it includes:

• free basic costs of having your bank account (normally 2.1€/month )
  • free card renewal that is a must every 4 years which cost 4€(so 8 cents/month)
  • free safety phone messages of validation after every purchase/payment(0,75€/month if purchased separately)
  • free bank net application(0,6€/month normally)
  • free rsa secur code generator for bank internet app(33,5€ one time payment normally)
  • free withdrawals on atm from other banks(normally 0,5€/withdrawal)
  • free payments via bank net(normally 0,4€/payment)

So basically if you're using the bank net app this is def worth it cuz over the course of a year you get to more than 60€ in fees, if you're not using it you probably should start to because it will give you way less trouble at least for me and also here in our country if you travel a lot your bank is not always available in the region you're at so you must withdraw form other banks atm and pay that provision so for young people like up to 50 who are business people of some sort this is cool to take I think while for people that have less expenses/month than 5€ it's not good obv.

The problem is most people in our country aren't business people but rather poor and don't use internet banking and so on so in reality this product is not selling that good but I wrote a script to use and it's working great giving me 20% success rate and I'll share it here.

Good afternoon, my name is Maks, from the XXX bank(his bank, we're not calling random people).
Did I get mr.ms Y?
(yes)
I'm calling to inform you about a new option for optimizing your bank accoutn expenses called the complete package. Have you looked into it already?(I guess this line makes it sound like they should already know something about it and then they feel bad sometimes for not knowing anything and alsogives them chance to say fck you or call me later.)
(if he says yes I ask what has he heard or whatever but usually no, not really, same but not much tell me what it is about,.. )
It's point is to potentially lower your bank account costs by putting many services alltogether that you maybe be already paying separately. For example: account managing, messages, bank net, and so on(things listed above).
And I'm wondering how's your schedule this or next week so that you come to the bank.
15% of the time they will assume this is a must to come there due to my tone of voice and chioce of words so they will just say ok sure I'll come next week and then I say something like nice, how's monday going for you? afternoon or morning etc. and make a date or at least set up a specific day if not hour or sometimes just next week if they really can't give me anything.
5% of people ask some more questions but eventually agree to a date.

If they ask is this necessary? my answer is :
of course not, but it'd definitely be good because they can make an analisys of your bank expenses and tell you whether this is good for your or not based on you individual needs.
(altho I know in many cases this is not for them and it will be a wasted time but my job is to get them there and that's it-many times they sell this to people that don't really need it)

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Can you do a deal with the bank to close the sale yourself and get more commission?

So I've been asigned to sell a new product for a bank last week.

A product called "complete package" where basically for 5€/month ie. 60€/year you get free almost every other service for example it includes:

• free basic costs of having your bank account (normally 2.1€/month )
  • free card renewal that is a must every 4 years which cost 4€(so 8 cents/month)
  • free safety phone messages of validation after every purchase/payment(0,75€/month if purchased separately)
  • free bank net application(0,6€/month normally)
  • free rsa secur code generator for bank internet app(33,5€ one time payment normally)
  • free withdrawals on atm from other banks(normally 0,5€/withdrawal)
  • free payments via bank net(normally 0,4€/payment)

So basically if you're using the bank net app this is def worth it cuz over the course of a year you get to more than 60€ in fees, if you're not using it you probably should start to because it will give you way less trouble at least for me and also here in our country if you travel a lot your bank is not always available in the region you're at so you must withdraw form other banks atm and pay that provision so for young people like up to 50 who are business people of some sort this is cool to take I think while for people that have less expenses/month than 5€ it's not good obv.

The problem is most people in our country aren't business people but rather poor and don't use internet banking and so on so in reality this product is not selling that good but I wrote a script to use and it's working great giving me 20% success rate and I'll share it here.

Good afternoon, my name is Maks, from the XXX bank(his bank, we're not calling random people).
Did I get mr.ms Y?
(yes)
I'm calling to inform you about a new option for optimizing your bank accoutn expenses called the complete package. Have you looked into it already?(I guess this line makes it sound like they should already know something about it and then they feel bad sometimes for not knowing anything and alsogives them chance to say fck you or call me later.)
(if he says yes I ask what has he heard or whatever but usually no, not really, same but not much tell me what it is about,.. )
It's point is to potentially lower your bank account costs by putting many services alltogether that you maybe be already paying separately. For example: account managing, messages, bank net, and so on(things listed above).
And I'm wondering how's your schedule this or next week so that you come to the bank.
15% of the time they will assume this is a must to come there due to my tone of voice and chioce of words so they will just say ok sure I'll come next week and then I say something like nice, how's monday going for you? afternoon or morning etc. and make a date or at least set up a specific day if not hour or sometimes just next week if they really can't give me anything.
5% of people ask some more questions but eventually agree to a date.

If they ask is this necessary? my answer is :
of course not, but it'd definitely be good because they can make an analisys of your bank expenses and tell you whether this is good for your or not based on you individual needs.
(altho I know in many cases this is not for them and it will be a wasted time but my job is to get them there and that's it-many times they sell this to people that don't really need it)

Caramel

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 19, 2017
The Netherlands
I'd recommend grabbing an audio version of Grant Cardone's "Sell or be Sold"

Dropping in with an off-topic question:

Is Grant Cardone and his content the real deal? I know he's a top sales person and his success speaks for himself, but from the stuff I've seen it just seems like he's insanely good at selling his own book with no actual proof that his book has any valid content.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.