The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cold calling software and other technical stuff?

Marketing, social media, advertising

cikatomo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jan 7, 2014
Great Land of Canada
I want to try some cold calling.

Do I need to get new number so my personal doesn't end up on spam list?

How do I get number in Canada?

Can I get US number also?

Am I allowed to call US from Canada? Is there nothing illegal there right?

Do I need any other software or whatever is used in cold calling?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

luminis_

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Aug 27, 2022
Do I need to get new number so my personal doesn't end up on spam list?
Start with your own number in the short-term to get things going

How do I get number in Canada?
I've heard FonGo is good, Google it

Can I get US number also?
Use Skype and buy a US number from there - it's pretty affordable and generally has good pick-up rates

Am I allowed to call US from Canada? Is there nothing illegal there right?
Did you Google it?

Do I need any other software or whatever is used in cold calling?
Start with your cellphone then use Skype - long term you can use some CRM with a power-dialer but it's not worth the setup at this stage

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
I think it depends on the volume and are you calling businesses or residential. Residential more likely to flag you.

I called from a RingCentral number maybe ~100 outgoing calls for ~3.5 years or so and never had any issues personally. Has an app for the phone, computer, and you can (like I did) even have a hardware phone on your desk with it.

cikatomo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jan 7, 2014
Great Land of Canada
Start with your own number in the short-term to get things going

I've heard FonGo is good, Google it

Use Skype and buy a US number from there - it's pretty affordable and generally has good pick-up rates

Did you Google it?

Start with your cellphone then use Skype - long term you can use some CRM with a power-dialer but it's not worth the setup at this stage
Thanks for the info, I did google also, but there is lot of rules. I know there is do not call list for consumers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

cikatomo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jan 7, 2014
Great Land of Canada
I think it depends on the volume and are you calling businesses or residential. Residential more likely to flag you.

I called from a RingCentral number maybe ~100 outgoing calls for ~3.5 years or so and never had any issues personally. Has an app for the phone, computer, and you can (like I did) even have a hardware phone on your desk with it.
How does RingCentral work? I get the Canadian number and then I call trough their app? Is this Voip? I am not familiar with technologies around this

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
How does RingCentral work? I get the Canadian number and then I call trough their app? Is this Voip? I am not familiar with technologies around this
Yeah its voip - not the cheapest but pretty straight forward to setup. I will do a worse job explaining it than the website. In terms of getting a number outside of the area you register - I don't know what they do there I only had to get a local number myself.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.