The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Yashar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Mar 16, 2017
Langenthal, Switzerland
Hey everyone.

I'm a 21 year old guy who lives in Switzerland. I broke up my apprenticeship in IT 3 years ago so I could pursue a fastlane plan (At that time didn't even know what the fastlane actually was). I wanted to develop an app. I had an Idea, started working a little bit but then didn't do anything.

Around this time last year I started having enough of this life and started to work on it again. I worked on it like a man obsessed for like 2 days and then didn't touch it for a month or something. I was just lazy when it came to this. I do martial arts for some time now and I barely miss training sessions and always give it like 110% but when it came to the plan that was supposed to transform my life I was lazy. At one point I said to myself: "I just have to get this done!" And started working on it like crazy and on a regular basis. I didn't care if it was a success or not. I just wanted to feel a sense of accomplishment because I just always feel like this huge F*ck up. I didn't finish my apprenticeship, dropped out of the military, have no drivers license and still live with my parents. I think you get what I'm trying to say. So I finished my app, published it and started advertising it a little bit. I didn't expect it to be successfull because in the final stages of development I realised that it was that kind of app that you download because your friend made it and after playing it one or two times you would just leave it installed but never open it again. After that I started feeling depressed and even stopped training a week ago. I lied to my coach telling him that I hurt my knee jogging. I was supposed to have a Kickboxing Fight in November but I just kinda stopped believing in myself in every aspect of my life. The last few days have been torture and I really have to do something because this whole situation is affecting my mental health badly. I finished reading the MFL and started doing research on different things but I really feel lost and I don't know what my next steps should be. I also started spending more and more time in this forum hoping that it can help my to figure out what to do.

I know that I shouldn't think of myself as a piece of shit or a F*ckup anything like that. I'm just angry at myself and I don't trust me anymore. And I'm not writing this to get pity or something. I would just like to hear from people who went through the same things and can relate. I think they will have good advice. I know exactly where I want to be and often compare this vision to my current life. It just makes me feel almost worthless because 3 years ago I really believed that I would be "free" until now and I had all this energy and it also makes me afraid to set goals because I don't trust that I'll do it. Going to training really gave me some time where I could just be present and wouldn't worry but I almost want to "punish" myslef by not going anymore because I really feel like I shouldn't get any rest from this.

I need to do something and I need to do it right now and I'm really fed up with all of this.

I'm ready to put in the work that is needed. The time where my life changes drastically hast to start now and I have realised that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sotila

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 20, 2017
Switzerland
Hey
Nice to see another young swiss guy.
I would suggest that you start listening to motivational speakers ( Zig Ziglar, Les Brown, Tony Robbins ect. )
And first set the focus on self improving, rather then business.
Get your mindset right, and start being happy again. ( Yeah you choose to be happy or not ). When your self esteem, health... rise up, your productivity will follow.

Yashar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Mar 16, 2017
Langenthal, Switzerland
Hey
Nice to see another young swiss guy.
I would suggest that you start listening to motivational speakers ( Zig Ziglar, Les Brown, Tony Robbins ect. )
And first set the focus on self improving, rather then business.
Get your mindset right, and start being happy again. ( Yeah you choose to be happy or not ). When your self esteem, health... rise up, your productivity will follow.

Hoi!

I know all of those speakers and I love them but right now I really feel like I need to improve my situation because it's in my mind all day everyday.
I think just doing something will help me when it comes to my mental health.

banjoa

Present
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
May 7, 2017
Nigeria
Hey everyone.

I'm a 21 year old guy who lives in Switzerland. I broke up my apprenticeship in IT 3 years ago so I could pursue a fastlane plan (At that time didn't even know what the fastlane actually was). I wanted to develop an app. I had an Idea, started working a little bit but then didn't do anything.

Around this time last year I started having enough of this life and started to work on it again. I worked on it like a man obsessed for like 2 days and then didn't touch it for a month or something. I was just lazy when it came to this. I do martial arts for some time now and I barely miss training sessions and always give it like 110% but when it came to the plan that was supposed to transform my life I was lazy. At one point I said to myself: "I just have to get this done!" And started working on it like crazy and on a regular basis. I didn't care if it was a success or not. I just wanted to feel a sense of accomplishment because I just always feel like this huge F*ck up. I didn't finish my apprenticeship, dropped out of the military, have no drivers license and still live with my parents. I think you get what I'm trying to say. So I finished my app, published it and started advertising it a little bit. I didn't expect it to be successfull because in the final stages of development I realised that it was that kind of app that you download because your friend made it and after playing it one or two times you would just leave it installed but never open it again. After that I started feeling depressed and even stopped training a week ago. I lied to my coach telling him that I hurt my knee jogging. I was supposed to have a Kickboxing Fight in November but I just kinda stopped believing in myself in every aspect of my life. The last few days have been torture and I really have to do something because this whole situation is affecting my mental health badly. I finished reading the MFL and started doing research on different things but I really feel lost and I don't know what my next steps should be. I also started spending more and more time in this forum hoping that it can help my to figure out what to do.

I know that I shouldn't think of myself as a piece of shit or a F*ckup anything like that. I'm just angry at myself and I don't trust me anymore. And I'm not writing this to get pity or something. I would just like to hear from people who went through the same things and can relate. I think they will have good advice. I know exactly where I want to be and often compare this vision to my current life. It just makes me feel almost worthless because 3 years ago I really believed that I would be "free" until now and I had all this energy and it also makes me afraid to set goals because I don't trust that I'll do it. Going to training really gave me some time where I could just be present and wouldn't worry but I almost want to "punish" myslef by not going anymore because I really feel like I shouldn't get any rest from this.

I need to do something and I need to do it right now and I'm really fed up with all of this.

I'm ready to put in the work that is needed. The time where my life changes drastically hast to start now and I have realised that.

Hello Yashar,

I know how you feel. I have been there.

Since you have read MJs book, I think you know what to do already. But the mind is unwilling.

I give you: the war of art by Steven Pressfield!

Colton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Aug 8, 2017
WA, USA

Hi Yashar, I can relate to pretty much everything you wrote here. I have a suggestion for you as well.

I'm one year older than you, used to be a boxer and mma fighter, started looking into the usmc but got bit by the entrepreneur bug hard and decided to pursue that instead. My commitment to the gym and training really took a hit.

The feelings of frustration and urgency that you talk about, I'm there too. Like you, I still live with my parents and have fallen short of my own expectations for myself. There's literally not a moment when I'm not thinking about it (Isn't it so maddening to have been at this for so long and not see significant RESULTS?)

Listening to motivational speakers might be great, but at some point we just get fed up and want to move forward and get out of mommy's house already.

Consider checking out this thread (even if you already saw it): GOLD - 15 Days to Freedom - Make Money Copywriting in 15 Days or Less

SinisterLex is the real deal and he's gone through the trouble of laying out a step-by-step method that shows how you can break free and start making real money online within 15 days. I just started on this and I'm committed to seeing it through no matter what. Maybe it's the answer for you as well.

Yashar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Mar 16, 2017
Langenthal, Switzerland
Hi Yashar, I can relate to pretty much everything you wrote here. I have a suggestion for you as well.

I'm one year older than you, used to be a boxer and mma fighter, started looking into the usmc but got bit by the entrepreneur bug hard and decided to pursue that instead. My commitment to the gym and training really took a hit.

The feelings of frustration and urgency that you talk about, I'm there too. Like you, I still live with my parents and have fallen short of my own expectations for myself. There's literally not a moment when I'm not thinking about it (Isn't it so maddening to have been at this for so long and not see significant RESULTS?)

Listening to motivational speakers might be great, but at some point we just get fed up and want to move forward and get out of mommy's house already.

Consider checking out this thread (even if you already saw it): GOLD - 15 Days to Freedom - Make Money Copywriting in 15 Days or Less

SinisterLex is the real deal and he's gone through the trouble of laying out a step-by-step method that shows how you can break free and start making real money online within 15 days. I just started on this and I'm committed to seeing it through no matter what. Maybe it's the answer for you as well.

Thank you! Reading this really felt good because I see in every sentence that you understand what I mean. I think times like these make you grow but as you wrote it's just maddening to see no results and thinking about it all the time damages your self-worth.

I've seen the thread and considered doing it but felt a bit insecure because English is not my first language. I should just try it anyways. Shouldn't create excuses for myself.

Colton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Aug 8, 2017
WA, USA
Thank you! Reading this really felt good because I see in every sentence that you understand what I mean. I think times like these make you grow but as you wrote it's just maddening to see no results and thinking about it all the time damages your self-worth.

I've seen the thread and considered doing it but felt a bit insecure because English is not my first language. I should just try it anyways. Shouldn't create excuses for myself.
Your written English is good. I would never have guessed that it wasn't your first language.

banjoa

Present
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
May 7, 2017
Nigeria
I have it, but thought I should read Unscripted first.

MJs TMF and Unscripted plus a healthy dose of ACTION is all you need to be honest.

But at times we know what to do but the follow up is the problem. That not following up is called the RESISTANCE! War of art does a good job on how to overcome this.

In Unscripted MJ also talks about mindset and you should definitely give it a read. That book is everything.

Read UNSCRIPTED and then go take action.

The part that resonated most with me in UNscripted is that you should expect exactly what you are feeling. It's inevitable. But you have got to plough through it!

Hope this helps.

Yashar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Mar 16, 2017
Langenthal, Switzerland
MJs TMF and Unscripted plus a healthy dose of ACTION is all you need to be honest.

But at times we know what to do but the follow up is the problem. That not following up is called the RESISTANCE! War of art does a good job on how to overcome this.

In Unscripted MJ also talks about mindset and you should definitely give it a read. That book is everything.

Read UNSCRIPTED and then go take action.

The part that resonated most with me in UNscripted is that you should expect exactly what you are feeling. It's inevitable. But you have got to plough through it!

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice my dude!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.