The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

feedback on web site for those chasing preforeclosures

ryanpal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 26, 2007
nj
hey guys. i'm trying to meet the needs of real estate investors who deal primarily in preforeclosures. i have a web site which provides free lis pendens and other neat features which i have found useful for my own system. i'd like to hear some feedback from those in the business so that i can structure a more effective "all in one tool"

the website is: freelispendens.com
you can use this account if you ilke:
login: ryanpal80
pw: asdf
any input is appreciated.
thanks in advance,
ryan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
hey guys. i'm trying to meet the needs of real estate investors who deal primarily in preforeclosures. i have a web site which provides free lis pendens and other neat features which i have found useful for my own system. i'd like to hear some feedback from those in the business so that i can structure a more effective "all in one tool"

the website is: freelispendens.com
you can use this account if you ilke:
login: ryanpal80
pw: asdf
any input is appreciated.
thanks in advance,
ryan

Sorry I haven't responded Ryan ... ill try this Weekend.

ryanpal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 26, 2007
nj
Ryan,

Here is the one I use here in the Phoenix area;

http://www.my4closures.com/

Joe

thanks traderjphx,

i'll check it out. since you use that site actively, would you mind sharing features that site has that would make nice additions to mine?

njmurphy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
Tempe, AZ
One really nice feature of My4Closures.com is that you can select the leads that you want, then click a button to generate a mail merged foreclosure letter in PDF format. It's very easy to use and you can get your direct mail started very quickly.

ryanpal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 26, 2007
nj
njmurphy,

thank you for your feedback. i currently export in csv to incorporate with mailmerge.

i would like to hear more about the feature you describe. if i understand correclty. you select the leads to be mailed. once you click a button it creates the pdf. does this pdf contain the mail verbage or is this file used to import into words mail merge?

any other feedback you have would be great. the new release with many new features and more user friendly gui is going to be release in a few weeks.

ryan

phlgirl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 29, 2007
Philadelphia
Hi Ryan -

We don't use the site much anymore but, when we were researching preforeclosures, here in FL, we used www.irsfl.com. You might want to hit to that site and take the demo tour.

The site provides details about each case - including the the loan amount, any additional judgements, bedrooms, baths, year built, etc. It also provides links to the property appraisers site, tax records, etc.

I think a link to a rental estimator site would be helpful as well - rentometer, etc. They aren't always accurate but it's a start.

I did logon on to your site. I thought the entry page was fine but one I sumbitted logon info, I got a little lost. The navigation box seems very small and I wasn't sure what to click. I selected a county and then hit seach records. It provided me with another, more detailed search option. Here, I think you may want to switch up the order of things..... name might be the least used (i always searched by zip). Before and After date? Before and After what? (newbies might need some clarification here)
Again, as a whole, for some reason, things just seem small, to me, on this page.

After I hit 'search', I got the list of cases. I do really like the format of this page and think its great that you show user's personal details, on a line item basis. However, when I clicked on a line item, I was expecting to get many more details about the property and that didn't happen.

I think you are off to a great start and there is definitely a market for this type of thing. All my friends in the northeast (PA/NJ) are starting to talk about buying foreclosures, etc. Great addition to have the ability to send mailers to homeowners via the site. Are you charging extra for that?

Good luck!

ryanpal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 26, 2007
nj
Hi Ryan -

We don't use the site much anymore but, when we were researching preforeclosures, here in FL, we used www.irsfl.com. You might want to hit to that site and take the demo tour.

The site provides details about each case - including the the loan amount, any additional judgements, bedrooms, baths, year built, etc. It also provides links to the property appraisers site, tax records, etc.
thanks phlgirl, i will definitely check it out ;)

I think a link to a rental estimator site would be helpful as well - rentometer, etc. They aren't always accurate but it's a start.

I did logon on to your site. I thought the entry page was fine but one I sumbitted logon info, I got a little lost. The navigation box seems very small and I wasn't sure what to click. I selected a county and then hit seach records. It provided me with another, more detailed search option. Here, I think you may want to switch up the order of things..... name might be the least used (i always searched by zip). Before and After date? Before and After what? (newbies might need some clarification here)
Again, as a whole, for some reason, things just seem small, to me, on this page.

great feedback and i did hear this before. "search" is a link to the search page where the user can specify search criteria. i'm trying to figure out a more user friendly way so that this isn't confused.

"before date and after date" have been modified for the next release. if you don't mind me asking, what would convey "all records before" and "all records after" in a more concise manner?

good tip about being small. i wanted the navigation to be available at all times. i will look into making this more user friendly.

After I hit 'search', I got the list of cases. I do really like the format of this page and think its great that you show user's personal details, on a line item basis. However, when I clicked on a line item, I was expecting to get many more details about the property and that didn't happen.

currently this is a feature for premium members (pay service...although there is a free trial which allows you sample all the premium member features). more details are provided along with the ability to color index records. this make data retrieval faster and more efficent.

I think you are off to a great start and there is definitely a market for this type of thing. All my friends in the northeast (PA/NJ) are starting to talk about buying foreclosures, etc. Great addition to have the ability to send mailers to homeowners via the site. Are you charging extra for that?

Good luck!

right now the site offers a way to export records so they may be imported into mail merge. once the records have been mailed you can automatically update the records that mailers were sent to (status and date mailed) with a click of a button. this saves great amount of time.

as far as "ability to sned mailers to homeowners" do you mean that a user can type the letter and provide the same functionality as Word/Mail Merge on the site itself w/out the need for Office or other program? I'm actually looking into this as we speak. What features would be helpful for users for an online mailer program?

thanks for your feedback it's really shedding light on many areas and i believe the next release is going to be a huge improvement.

ryan:smxB:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Id try to get access to a CRM tool like Salesforce.com -- I'd mimic one of those applications. In effect, you are trying to create a productivity tool like Salesforce, or most CRMs.

CRM = Customer Relationship Management.

njmurphy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
Tempe, AZ
njmurphy,

thank you for your feedback. i currently export in csv to incorporate with mailmerge.

i would like to hear more about the feature you describe. if i understand correclty. you select the leads to be mailed. once you click a button it creates the pdf. does this pdf contain the mail verbage or is this file used to import into words mail merge?

any other feedback you have would be great. the new release with many new features and more user friendly gui is going to be release in a few weeks.

ryan

The csv to Word mail merge will work great, I'm sure. The feature I'm talking about is giving each user the ability to create their own letter within your website. The would create the letter using a HTML editor (FreeTextBox.com) for example and you'd give them mail merge fields that would be included anywhere within the letter. Then when searching for leads, the user would select which leads, click Generate Letter, and your system would merge the data from the selected leads with the letter that has been saved in the user's profile. This new merged letter would be returned in PDF form so that it's easy to print and mail and the PDF format would be good for all users. This way, your users would not need Office at all, they would only need a PDF reader.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.