The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Summit 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Dan the Man

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 15, 2021
Considering the continuing uncertainty of CV19, what is the possibility of a virtual Fastlane Summit for 2022? That would allow for attendees from all over the world to attend with zero risk. Eventually, yes, an in person summit could be arranged in the future, and I'm sure we would all like to attend that for the networking alone. Until then, virtual? I mean, it's not like we don't know how to do it.

Your thoughts?

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
virtual wouldnt be worth it. The value is in talking to everyone in the time outside of the talks.

Id be down too

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
In person would be worth it.

If you’re concerned, stay home.
Well, some of us won't be allowed to cross the US border by that time...so in person wouldn't be an option.

Unless I hop the border and carpool with someone :happy:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sorry folks but this isn't going to happen, at least not under the expected timing which would be February. (Preparation would need to have started last month)

Firstly, I moved to Utah and am no longer in Arizona. While I've been here for about 8 weeks, my transition is not even close to being complete. While February in Utah is great for skiers, SLC it isn't exactly a great destination in the middle of February, enough to compel people from snowy lands to want to travel to another snowy land.

Second, as I've always stated, the event is a function of the forum, the forum isn't a function of the event. As things stand, user engagement at the forum isn't at a level I'd feel comfortable holding an event, at least not at previous attendance levels. Of course, I can blast my email lists, advertise on Facebook, and do all sorts of outreach, but for an event that ultimately is non-profit and takes up a heap of time, I don't feel comfortable in taking the risk, much less the investment that it requires.

Third, COVID BS is still a problem, while much better this year. But the fact remains, people in other countries might find themselves struggling to get in the states, or out of their own country. This adds to the risk.

That said having been moved to Utah (and pending items above) I might consider a late summer event here, or continue it in Arizona in February (23) and just fly in for it. The flight is only 1 hour and AZ is a great winter destination.

I appreciate the ongoing interest, but at the end of the day, it has to work for me and be a "no brainer".

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Mar 20, 2019
Sorry folks but this isn't going to happen, at least not under the expected timing which would be February. (Preparation would need to have started last month)

Firstly, I moved to Utah and am no longer in Arizona. While I've been here for about 8 weeks, my transition is not even close to being complete. While February in Utah is great for skiers, SLC it isn't exactly a great destination in the middle of February, enough to compel people from snowy lands to want to travel to another snowy land.

Second, as I've always stated, the event is a function of the forum, the forum isn't a function of the event. As things stand, user engagement at the forum isn't at a level I'd feel comfortable holding an event, at least not at previous attendance levels. Of course, I can blast my email lists, advertise on Facebook, and do all sorts of outreach, but for an event that ultimately is non-profit and takes up a heap of time, I'm don't feel comfortable in taking the risk, much less the investment that it requires.

Third, C0VlD BS is still a problem, while much better this year. But the fact remains, people in other countries might find themselves struggling to get in the states, or out of their own country. This adds to the risk.

That said having been moved to Utah (and pending items above) I might consider a late summer event here, or continue it in Arizona in February (23) and just fly in for it. The flight is only 1 hour and AZ is a great winter destination.

I appreciate the ongoing interest, but at the end of the day, it has to work for me and be a "no brainer".
I'd be in either way boss

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Completely understandable.

Coming from Ireland, I don't think I'd even be able to enter the US without a vaccine in February.

If you do go ahead with a late summer event Utah sounds great! Not a destination that I'd ordinary go to without a reason, so it'd be a cool place to explore outside of the event days.

The February 2020 event in Phoenix was mind blowing for me and the connections built sustain to this day! I know the event isn't profitable and that it may even have a negative impact on forum engagement but in terms of creating a legacy it is UNMATCHED! The book & the forum are amazing and completely changed my life but what made it all real for me was meeting other people who were living the kind of life I previously could only have dreamed of. I will always be forever grateful to you for writing the book, hosting the forum but I am most grateful for the brilliant people that have entered my life due to the gathering that you hosted!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Ah man, I'd be in as usual, but thanks for the clarity @MJ DeMarco , I had wondered if you were going to run one in 2022 as well. Let's hope for a 2023 main summit and maybe some regional ones in the mean time :)

Dan the Man

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 15, 2021

Second, as I've always stated, the event is a function of the forum, the forum isn't a function of the event. As things stand, user engagement at the forum isn't at a level I'd feel comfortable holding an event, at least not at previous attendance levels. Of course, I can blast my email lists, advertise on Facebook, and do all sorts of outreach, but for an event that ultimately is non-profit and takes up a heap of time, I'm don't feel comfortable in taking the risk, much less the investment that it requires.

Third, C0VlD BS is still a problem, while much better this year. But the fact remains, people in other countries might find themselves struggling to get in the states, or out of their own country. This adds to the risk.

Thanks MJ for the clarification on the challenges of an "in person" version of the summit. Also, having recently moved myself, I get it. My original question was posed on the idea of a "virtual summit," considering the complications of having an in person summit at this time. (CV19, travel restrictions, political insanity)

Looking at the topics and speaker list from the last event, and all that knowledge, even virtually, it would have been well worth the price of admission. Also, it could be held any time of the year, not just February. Whatever works for you. Just thinking out loud here.

Thanks for everything you've done to help us understand the Fastlane universe. (Just started TGRRE last night. Pretty dark beginning. I can relate.)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Totally understood @MJ DeMarco. It is your forum and needs to make sense to you.

As far as a summer event, I am either chartering a plane or driving if it happens. I have seriously, thus far, avoided my #2 hatred in the world, behind communism, that is commercial air travel. I have not flown since the last event... No kidding. I haven't set foot in an airport for this entire shit show. I am not exactly sure how I have managed this long, but I can't say I have missed it.

I have however missed my forum people!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
454%
Mar 15, 2018
As somewhat “new” guy here, I can see where MJ is coming from.

I would not show up.

There is a handful of members who are active and interesting enough that I would really like to meet in person. And you know who you are and you know me. There has to be a value in it that’s more than just “hanging out”.

I also hate the virtual thing. In our industry it’s been so overdone, that I’ll gladly hop on the plane for my next conference, just to avoid zoom. Or share Kak’s chartered plane? :)

Meeting an author of books I‘ve used to make my business more successful - that would be great. Yes, I was just as excited about being on the text message group and mainly why I joined this forum. But if the event is to be useful to many, it should attract like minded crowd that’s willing to share and help one another. Active, hungry entrepreneur. Ideally you walk away having new friendships that lead to business opportunities. At a minimum, a brain-trust of sorts where you can call up and share your problems and get help. Not everything can be posted on a public forum (even on INSIDERS and speedway).

I don’t know what it was like before, from reading some past threads it seems it was a more active group.

For what little it is worth, this is my “one man’s” opinion.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I was going to go to a summit for the first time and then covid hit and now this time again. Just my luck. :rofl:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
There is a handful of members who are active and interesting enough that I would really like to meet in person. And you know who you are and you know me. There has to be a value in it that’s more than just “hanging out”.
setup a meetup, hit some of us up

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
That said having been moved to Utah (and pending items above) I might consider a late summer event here,
Just have it at your house. Lol

I would consider a summer event as it’s a short 6 hour drive from Colorado. Maybe it could be done in Park City.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@MJ DeMarco just have us all bring one piece of furniture! best cover charge ever

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
454%
Mar 15, 2018
setup a meetup, hit some of us up
Sadly, I don’t know you or your business- in spite of you being both a moderator and a member form 2010. And I’m willing to gamble to say you don’t know me or my business.

But if you want to hop on a plane and visit Vancouver BC (vaccine x2 is required!) - I’d be happy to treat you to a very long dinner and chat business.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Sadly, I don’t know you or your business- in spite of you being both a moderator and a member form 2010. And I’m willing to gamble to say you don’t know me or my business.

But if you want to hop on a plane and visit Vancouver BC (VAXClNE x2 is required!) - I’d be happy to treat you to a very long dinner and chat business.
You seem to be overthinking this.

You can organize and post a local meetup. Here is one from Austin, TX: MEETUPS - Austin - Texas Meetup

Whoever can make it makes it. You get a mix of different interests and specialties. Cross pollination of ideas can occur. Contacts can be made and relationships fostered. I have been to several and organized a few. Some meetups are more attended and powerful than others. A meetup in Houston is where I met the famous @Kak. You never know what may come of a meetup.

This is the section of the forum to find the past meetups in: Networking, Meet-Ups

There is nothing stopping you from organizing your own. I am sure @ZCP would even make it to yours if he could.

Good luck.

Last edited:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

But if you want to hop on a plane and visit Vancouver BC (VAXClNE x2 is required!) - I’d be happy to treat you to a very long dinner and chat business.
Sounds like limiting beliefs @Antifragile Get out of your own way here.

On your offer ...... I'll compare it to the offer I have from another member for a meetup where it is in Mexico, has speakers, is offered to help ME make connections, and is all planned and setup where I just pay a fee and book a flight.

If you want to meet fellow members, STEP FORWARD and make it happen. Doesn't have to be a week in Mexico.
Just don't start it with the word 'but' and all the effort be on my part, right?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

I didn't know much about @ZCP before we met. And to be honest, even when we met I was so awkward (deep introvert here with bad social skills at conferences) I probably made a bad impression (sorry, Zane).

What worked best for me was doing something I enjoy with other people (a hike we did with @SteveO was pretty nice and I was very grateful for that). Your standard conference where you sit in a random bar in a hotel is not my style (since I don't do it with anyone, including my friends).

So if anyone wants to hang out and do something specific, I'm cool with that. Sitting in a bar or a conference room, not so much.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
i did and still think you were one of the coolest and most interesting people there! @MTF
that was why i was coming to see you in poland, remember! .... (and you said you wouldn't open the door and would pretend you weren't there) ... lol

• Haha
Reactions: MTF

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
i did and still think you were one of the coolest and most interesting people there! @MTF
that was why i was coming to see you in poland, remember! .... (and you said you wouldn't open the door and would pretend you weren't there) ... lol

Thank you.

Haha I remember. Damn, when you said that, traveling was just a matter of time and money and theoretically you could arrive in Poland overnight. Now, not so easy...

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
been wanting to see @Fox for years now...... can't get his a$$ to BnP or ATL
he came to the summit. so he was here at least once!!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
been wanting to see @Fox for years now...... can't get his a$$ to BnP or ATL
he came to the summit. so he was here at least once!!

Come to Poland and let's freeze our balls together surfing in the Baltic. @Fox can attest how fun it is with the shitty waves we get there lol.

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Mar 20, 2019
Sounds like limiting beliefs @Antifragile Get out of your own way here.

On your offer ...... I'll compare it to the offer I have from another member for a meetup where it is in Mexico, has speakers, is offered to help ME make connections, and is all planned and setup where I just pay a fee and book a flight.

If you want to meet fellow members, STEP FORWARD and make it happen. Doesn't have to be a week in Mexico.
Just don't start it with the word 'but' and all the effort be on my part, right?
When and where in Mexico please if there is an opportunity to bring myself

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México