The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Possible with just an iPhone?

Bradleywatts

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Nov 6, 2022
Hi everyone, firstly thank you all for being so welcoming (I joined all but 2 days ago).

My immediate thought about kicking off my fastlane venture is hardware related - in that I don’t actually even own a personal computer or Laptop (that functions at least!)

That being said, of course I have the iPhone that I’m writing this very thread on - my question being: is this enough to start my process or do you think it would be worth “investing” in a new PC/ laptop to make life easier. Or does anyone have any success stories from executing their process from simply just using their phone?

Thanks,
Brad

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Patryk.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Apr 21, 2022
Poland
Why do you want to buy random stuff? Pick/buy a tool which will help you achieve a specific goal. I make web apps/websites so I need a computer and a phone. If you want to mow the lawn you don't need a computer you need a lawnmower and a car.

Bradleywatts

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Nov 6, 2022
Why do you want to buy random stuff? Pick/buy a tool which will help you achieve a specific goal. I make web apps/websites so I need a computer and a phone. If you want to mow the lawn you don't need a computer you need a lawnmower and a car.
Yeah makes sense, I’d probably want to build a software system as discussed in MFL, think it provides the best opportunity for growth and leveraging scale/magnitude. What software do you use to build your applications?

Patryk.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Apr 21, 2022
Poland
Yeah makes sense, I’d probably want to build a software system as discussed in MFL, think it provides the best opportunity for growth and leveraging scale/magnitude. What software do you use to build your applications?
Notepad++ and Visual Studio Code.

Damien C

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Mar 19, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Me personally, I at least need a Macbook. I mean perhaps you don't - I think they're faster to type on and navigate . I hate working a tiny screen. Maybe I'm just old school. The next generation are "phone only" and work them pretty damn fast. The tools (and how much those tools cost) are not what matters, it's what you produce using them.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I can't imagine running an online business on a phone. But I don't really like doing anything on my phone as it's way too slow compared to using a laptop (particularly any typing which I absolutely hate on a phone).

So I'd definitely invest in a laptop if you want to have an online business.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
The next generation are "phone only" and work them pretty damn fast.
The smartphone is a great tool if the goal is to become a mindless consumer. Newer generations are indeed getting increasingly efficient at this.

I can't see how you could do any meaningful work without a computer in the modern world, especially if you want to run any kind of business.

Bradleywatts

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Nov 6, 2022
I can't imagine running an online business on a phone. But I don't really like doing anything on my phone as it's way too slow compared to using a laptop (particularly any typing which I absolutely hate on a phone).

So I'd definitely invest in a laptop if you want to have an online business.
Great, thanks for the advice !

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
Of course, it's possible. But why would you restrict yourself to a limited set of tools?

It's like if you wanted to build a house and you said, "I have a handsaw, hammer, and my elbow grease, you think I could build a house?" Of course you could, but it will take longer, and the end product won't be as good as if you were to use power tools, cranes, laser levels, etc.

It doesn't cost a lot to get a half-decent laptop. You can even go to the library and use computers for free. Open a Google Drive account and you'll be set with a decent amount of cloud storage.

You can start flipping things you find on free classified ads (Craigslist, Kijiji, etc), if you have a mode of transportation and some hustle you can easily make a few hundred dollars a week. You can even start documenting it, post to Tik Tok and if you have any sort of personality you will gain a following, giving you a free audience to market to in the future.

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
Hi everyone, firstly thank you all for being so welcoming (I joined all but 2 days ago).

My immediate thought about kicking off my fastlane venture is hardware related - in that I don’t actually even own a personal computer or Laptop (that functions at least!)

That being said, of course I have the iPhone that I’m writing this very thread on - my question being: is this enough to start my process or do you think it would be worth “investing” in a new PC/ laptop to make life easier. Or does anyone have any success stories from executing their process from simply just using their phone?

Thanks,
Brad
Jack Dorsey ran Twitter and Square just using a phone. I think when starting out it can be difficult, but once you get going if you have standard operating procedures, delegation of tasks, and a good team then yeah.

In the beginning stages you have to do a lot of stuff yourself.

For Dorsey, it’s a matter of focus. On a phone, he’s able to disable notifications and use just one app at a time. “I can really focus on what’s in front of me instead of everything coming at me as I would a laptop,”

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I was using an old i3 until a few months ago, and I work online.

You don't *need* anything fancy unless you're doing video editing or similar. Even then there's a lot of cloud based video editing apps.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Thanks,
Brad

I would encourage you to change your thinking in two ways.

1) You only have an iPhone for now. So the thinking should be "HOW do I make this work?" not "CAN this work?"

Prompt your mind to think of solutions, not focus on the perceived problem.

2) Think bigger.

Okay you have a phone for now. But the goal should be to upgrade asap.
It's not like you have to keep running your business on a phone forever.

Get one good client, get paid, then buy a laptop.

---

For now I would say get busy with some actual action. Get out there and create a strong reason to buy that laptop.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I have an Iphone and I didn’t succeed in a fastlane business. So NO! Its not possible!

I have to edith: I can’t believe, someone didn’t getthe sarcasm. But if someone didn’t get it, please ignore my post.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.