The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane beer & pancakes Date poll again.

Date of Get Together in Phoenix?

• I can make February 23rd and may not make March 8th

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • I can make March 8th and may not make Feb 23rd

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I will attend on either date

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Snip of a bad review of the Hilton Garden Inn:

"The staff was very friendly. However we were on the first floor within 25 feet of a Waffle House restaurant. All night long there were motorcyles revving their engines. Also we could hear extremely loud hip hop and rap music from the cars that were pulling into the Waffle House all night. We travel often and this was without question the most sleepless night we have ever spent in any hotel the world over!

Also there was water leaking through the recessed light fixture over the tub at 3am when the person in the room above took a shower. This was in room 104. I think this room never should have been assigned as this is a definite hazard.

Overall a nicely decorated and friendly hotel, but not a place to get a good night's sleep!!"

So, whatever you do, don't stay in rm 104. Or in any room close to the Waffle House, for that matter. :)

-Russ

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
UPDATE:

Conference room is available!

Room is 1100 ft2 (that's perfect), w/low ceilings (9 feet).

While high ceilings are nice, they're also much more expensive. Low ceilings should present no problem for us at all.

Cost for three day weekend (Fri-Sun, Mar 7,8,9): $300/day, $900 total.

That's a deal.

I've put in a lock on the room pending on site inspection from one of our illustrious local fastlaners. :)

I could also fly down if I need to, but that's a bit more costly, both in time and $$.

$900 divided by 20 people = $45 per person for the room.

This looks excellent to me, but I am open to other suggestions. My primary concern is to make this affordable for those coming-- so I've tried to keep the transportation costs to a minimum ($0), the room costs low ($142/nt + tax), and the overall workshop expenses reasonable ($120 pp, may be less, just a guess at this point).

Again, feedback is welcomed. :tiphat:

-Russ H.

RE Taipan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Aug 28, 2007
Balboa Island, CA
Definitely in for the apt tours....and prob the furniture tour too (if it includes parting gifts and a clever free pen offer)

DavyB

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Sep 12, 2007
California
Hi everyone,

I'm very interested in attending...Russ or Andviv, I was hoping to get some clarification for the days and times. Is it March 7-9, or just 8th and 9th. And times of day? Thanks

Dave

JesseO

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
If you need to find a hotel or place to stay, send a PM to me and I'll let you know if it's a decent area. I would assume that most would be content with a La Quinta of Holiday Inn Express unless otherwise noted. Those rooms run from 50-200 per night. There are many here in the forums who know of great hotels to stay at; I'm not one of them. I should mention that I'll never stay at a Motel 6 again in my lifetime though. Cheers.:smxB:

JesseO

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Also, I assume people would fly in on the 7th of March (a Friday), stay the weekend, and fly back home the evening of the 9th (Sunday) so that we can all be at work by 8 or 9 am on Monday March 10th. Yes?

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I have made my flight reservations to fly in Friday afternoon. I am also scheduled to fly out Monday morning. Both flights are on AA. I intend to play hooky Friday and Monday.

The room Russ has found sounds good. It's in the Holiday Inn Express, right? Has anyone seen it or confirmed it yet?

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

SteveO

Legendary Contributor