The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Facebook Ads a myth?

Anything related to matters of the mind

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
Hello Everyone! Im Shubham a small business owner who recently used facebook ads to get my business more awareness but it turns out it didnt work that way, i ran the ads in losses.

How should I improve my facebooks ads strategy? What are the ways i can learn more about facebook ads?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Hello Everyone! Im Shubham a small business owner who recently used facebook ads to get my business more awareness but it turns out it didnt work that way, i ran the ads in losses.

How should I improve my facebooks ads strategy? What are the ways i can learn more about facebook ads?
"Hello I went to the gym but it didn't work. What can I do ?"

This is very general and hard to give advice on. Since you don't say what you did or show pictures of your ads there is nothing I can tell you about what to change.
Running ads is hard and you should expect to loose some money when starting out.

A general piece of advice for ads is to use quality pictures, videos and to have a cta. Then make sure you convey to the customer what THEY gain from it.
Lastly try to think of common things that stops people from buying and alleviate that worry.

Grandma - I am scared of getting scammed.

Company - We have 1000 Testimonials from happy customers and a 90 day no questions refund system.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Oct 10, 2022
Ads ALWAYS work! The question is how well you make them work.

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
May 9, 2021
Disclaimer: Haven't tried or ran FB ads.

With that out of the way, a lot of biz owners who've ran them I've talked to or those I've listened to on recent (spring 2023 and forward) podcasts interviews mention that it just got a lot harder to run ads. Appears that a good chunk of targeting is gone and CPC may have become more expensive.
This is notable because we just came off a decade where FB ads and their granular, granular targeting were seen as almost literal entrepreneur magic, throw in 50$ and make a heap of sales. One guy running a product biz on a podcast I listened to recently claimed he got like 10x RoAS running fb ads from 2015-2017 but now he's starting to see a .3-.4 RoAS.

Have you looked at any other resources, blogs, or videos about coping or working through and suceeding with FB ads with the new restrictions?

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
What is the business?

Google might make more sense

Facebook works, you just need to know what you are doing.

Chances are it’s your offer or the website, not the ads that are the issue.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
We need a bit more info.

There’s several elements:
  1. The ad itself - copy and images
  2. The audience the ad is served to - demographics, interests etc
  3. The page the ad goes to - copy, testing, speed etc
  4. Conversion pixel setup
  5. Business processes (how do people follow up, phone script, fulfilment etc)
  6. The product itself
FB ads can be great, you’ll have to check through each of those steps to see where the ads were tanking.

They also need some volume. If you spent $5 then you’re not going to see a return.

FB aren’t the be all and end all. They’re great when they work, but other platforms might be better. Google ads might be better, even door to door flyers, ads in magazines, referral systems etc.

Finding the thing that works can take some trial and error.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
If it's your ads/targeting:

• CTR is super low (below 1%)
  • CPC is super high (above $2 or so)
  • Little to no engagement
If it's your website:

• High bounce rate (80%+)
  • Slow loading time (longer than 1.5s)
If it's your offer:

• Low conversion rate (less than 1%, or 1 in 100 visitors end up buying or taking the action you want)

I'll bet you $10 that you didn't spend enough to determine which one it is, you just lost money and got scared.

FB ads are not for those who can't stand to lose a few hundred bucks in the process of testing. People with small budgets who want to try out online advertising would generally be better off using Google Ads (search ads).

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Damn,

If it's your website:

If it's your offer:

• Low conversion rate (less than 1%, or 1 in 100 visitors end up buying or taking the action you want)

I'll bet you $10 that you didn't spend enough to determine which one it is, you just lost money and got scared.

FB ads are not for those who can't stand to lose a few hundred bucks in the process of testing. People with small budgets who want to try out online advertising would generally be better off using Google Ads (search ads).
Damn, I need to fix my bounce rate

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

If it's your website:

If it's your offer:

Laurel Portie has $5/day Facebook (video) ad strategies.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Laurel Portie has $5/day Facebook (video) ad strategies.

Good point, although I don't think the OP is using anything like that.

(For others who are unfamiliar, she does essentially an audience-building strategy with high engagement "organic" type content & retargets them with low budget conversion ads, resulting in very low CPLs for potentially very high dollar offers. The funnel can be quite complex and there's a lot of ways to do it, but a simple version of the funnel is: [video ads/video views] > [qualifying ads/engagement] > [offer ads/conversions]. The goal, as she says, is to open conversations with your target audience.)

With that said, I've gone through her course and have used similar strategies for small accounts. Right now I have an account running $15/day but not for conversions: $5/day is reach (basically an organic boosting strategy) and $10/day is for employment leads.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Damn,

Damn, I need to fix my bounce rate

Bounce rate will often depend on what you're doing so if it's a "one-and-done" sales page you can expect a pretty high bounce rate. If you're converting well and you're making money, and especially if you're collecting info from visitors before they bounce, then bounce rate is probably not too high on the list for you to optimize.

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Bounce rate will often depend on what you're doing so if it's a "one-and-done" sales page you can expect a pretty high bounce rate. If you're converting well and you're making money, and especially if you're collecting info from visitors before they bounce, then bounce rate is probably not too high on the list for you to optimize.
At 92% I have room for improvement :rofl:

It's profitable, but I'm sure I can get it better.

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Aug 20, 2023
Not running any FB ads so take this with a grain of salt but I’ve seen a lot of people over the net complain about both FB and IG ads and reach being horrible lately.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
285%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I got between 6-17x ROAS on Meta (FB/IG) in the month of September across a few accounts.

Agree with @Andy Black there's a $5/day strategy.

I laid it out in INSIDERS, too... I should update that thing...

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I can confirm that facebook ads are not a myth and in fact they do exist.
And also...

It isn't 2009 anymore dawg.

You can't run a BAD business, along with BAD advertising and expect to make a trillion dollars.

You highest ROI will be asking for a refund for the $374 course you paid for using afterpay® that told you how to retire in 17 minutes from starting a droppshiping page and running fb ads to it. Back to the drawing board!

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Feb 11, 2019

If it's your website:

If it's your offer:

This is it! First, make sure you get traffic or initiated checkouts or signups, whatever applies at a cost that leaves room for profit. Then, maximize your website - make it clear, make it look good, make it load fast, and have all tracking tools set up. Only then if you get no results, reassess if you're not selling a crappy/product service that no one needs.

I just ran Meta ads for the first time for a client. I spent the first few weeks launching every ad concept and format I could think of (single image ads, video ads, carousels, "we're the cheapest", "we're the best", "this is the solution #1 for problem X, audience Y") until I got a few ads that had the most and cheapest clicks.

I found 4 that worked and scaled their budget. Conversions were not great, so I'm now testing various landing pages - longer, and shorter, with different designs, different layouts, and even different platforms.

Once I find a winning landing page, I'll scale the ad budget even more, send it only to the winning (1 or multiple) landing pages, and cash in. Of course, you have to keep testing new ads - you have a "scaling ad set" with your 2-5 best performers and new ad sets trying to find new best performers that you then move to the scaling ad set (and you never have 10+ ads there, you keep 2-5 best performers).

Long story short, post your service/product, and test, test, test.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.