Hi Everyone,
I hope you're all staying well. I am going to hide the exact details in case they find me on the internet
but thought I'd let you know of an issue I was having with a service provider and the result I achieved.
I like actually executing on the ideas I read and very few books end up working for me even though I implement to the best of my ability.
Anyway, I thought it would be the perfect time to test Never Split the Difference. Spoiler alert: I got them to increase their offer to settle by 70%.
Although the numbers are small (we're talking approx. $200 USD) it was the real shift in my mindset that I noticed the most.
1. Before I would have gone: "the amount is small; it's hardly worth my time".
2. I then shifted to: "OK, let's see if I can implement the NSTD and see what I get and if this works it'll be worth adopting it more regularly". CV says to start small and then work your way up to the bigger negotiation stuff.
3. I followed everything CV says in NSTD - we are at a final offer stage (which is an increase by the provider of 70% from their starting offer).
4. I'd be happy with the 70% increase but I want to follow the last few tactics CV says in the book to see if I can increase the percentage more. I won't bother reporting back as it was even the fact that they increased offer by 70% that I wanted to let everyone know about. Might be worth a shot for others in their businesses/life etc.
For balance: I should say I also followed what he says to get a raise/promo etc. at work. Nada - zilch - nothing. Oh well.
Maybe the book isn't the holy grail but so few things work in my life that I was quite impressed that this did!
Thanks for reading - Dubidu
I hope you're all staying well. I am going to hide the exact details in case they find me on the internet
I like actually executing on the ideas I read and very few books end up working for me even though I implement to the best of my ability.
Anyway, I thought it would be the perfect time to test Never Split the Difference. Spoiler alert: I got them to increase their offer to settle by 70%.
Although the numbers are small (we're talking approx. $200 USD) it was the real shift in my mindset that I noticed the most.
1. Before I would have gone: "the amount is small; it's hardly worth my time".
2. I then shifted to: "OK, let's see if I can implement the NSTD and see what I get and if this works it'll be worth adopting it more regularly". CV says to start small and then work your way up to the bigger negotiation stuff.
3. I followed everything CV says in NSTD - we are at a final offer stage (which is an increase by the provider of 70% from their starting offer).
4. I'd be happy with the 70% increase but I want to follow the last few tactics CV says in the book to see if I can increase the percentage more. I won't bother reporting back as it was even the fact that they increased offer by 70% that I wanted to let everyone know about. Might be worth a shot for others in their businesses/life etc.
For balance: I should say I also followed what he says to get a raise/promo etc. at work. Nada - zilch - nothing. Oh well.
Maybe the book isn't the holy grail but so few things work in my life that I was quite impressed that this did!
Thanks for reading - Dubidu
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
