The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Execution: Never Split the Difference - A Result?

Dubidu

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Apr 2, 2018
UK
Hi Everyone,

I hope you're all staying well. I am going to hide the exact details in case they find me on the internet :playful:but thought I'd let you know of an issue I was having with a service provider and the result I achieved.

I like actually executing on the ideas I read and very few books end up working for me even though I implement to the best of my ability.

Anyway, I thought it would be the perfect time to test Never Split the Difference. Spoiler alert: I got them to increase their offer to settle by 70%.

Although the numbers are small (we're talking approx. $200 USD) it was the real shift in my mindset that I noticed the most.

1. Before I would have gone: "the amount is small; it's hardly worth my time".

2. I then shifted to: "OK, let's see if I can implement the NSTD and see what I get and if this works it'll be worth adopting it more regularly". CV says to start small and then work your way up to the bigger negotiation stuff.

3. I followed everything CV says in NSTD - we are at a final offer stage (which is an increase by the provider of 70% from their starting offer).

4. I'd be happy with the 70% increase but I want to follow the last few tactics CV says in the book to see if I can increase the percentage more. I won't bother reporting back as it was even the fact that they increased offer by 70% that I wanted to let everyone know about. Might be worth a shot for others in their businesses/life etc.

For balance: I should say I also followed what he says to get a raise/promo etc. at work. Nada - zilch - nothing. Oh well.

Maybe the book isn't the holy grail but so few things work in my life that I was quite impressed that this did!

Thanks for reading - Dubidu :smile2:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.