Hi, my name’s Dan! I read Fast Lane Millionaire and I’m almost done with Unscripted . I’m the first in my family to venture into entrepreneurship, and as expected, I keep getting pressured (with love) to pursue security through mediocre jobs in which I’ll be making someone else rich while my life rots away.
I have already begun pursuing the realization of one of my product ideas which I believe fulfills a public need/want, but I have no idea what I’m doing right/wrong, and I can’t afford to make any unnecessary mistakes, especially if there’s free wisdom out there to learn from.
Where am I now? I already spent $1k with InventHelp to do a patent search, conduct a research of manufacturing costs, and prepare a resume that I would show to investors. From there, they say the next step (marketing, production, etc) will cost between $11k and $20k. Is this a scam? I don’t know. For every yes there is a no, and I don’t know who to trust anymore. All I know is that I have a dream worth pursuing, but that I don’t have any street smarts. After all, I just left med school and the “study to get a job” life is the only life I know.
Nobody owes me anything, but I would reeeeeeally appreciate practical advice from anybody who has experience with launching an innovative product with a global market. Please no unhelpful criticisms void of applicable alternatives like “inventhelp sucks;” I get enough useless and unwarranted opinions at home already.
Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I look forward to reading what you guys have to say (given that it’s backed up by MJ’s teachings), and using my experiences to encourage and help someone out whenever the opportunity comes up.
PEACE!!
I have already begun pursuing the realization of one of my product ideas which I believe fulfills a public need/want, but I have no idea what I’m doing right/wrong, and I can’t afford to make any unnecessary mistakes, especially if there’s free wisdom out there to learn from.
Where am I now? I already spent $1k with InventHelp to do a patent search, conduct a research of manufacturing costs, and prepare a resume that I would show to investors. From there, they say the next step (marketing, production, etc) will cost between $11k and $20k. Is this a scam? I don’t know. For every yes there is a no, and I don’t know who to trust anymore. All I know is that I have a dream worth pursuing, but that I don’t have any street smarts. After all, I just left med school and the “study to get a job” life is the only life I know.
Nobody owes me anything, but I would reeeeeeally appreciate practical advice from anybody who has experience with launching an innovative product with a global market. Please no unhelpful criticisms void of applicable alternatives like “inventhelp sucks;” I get enough useless and unwarranted opinions at home already.
Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I look forward to reading what you guys have to say (given that it’s backed up by MJ’s teachings), and using my experiences to encourage and help someone out whenever the opportunity comes up.
PEACE!!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
