The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Every entrepreneurship-related place on the internet only discusses new ideas. What about things that just take hard work, not fresh ideas?

Idea threads

anon9601

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Dec 31, 2020
It seems people only discuss new ideas, trying to create your own niche and stuff like that.

I don't want that. I just want to work hard and make money through my hard work, not through some genius idea and insight. Something that has been done before, nothing new under the sun, but something that through hard work and teaching yourself the right skills you can do too.

Where could I find a list of such ways of making money? Preferably something that isn't selling goods, so not stuff like restaurants or opening up a shop. Preferably something where I could provide a service or something.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nickalden

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Sep 5, 2020
indonesia
Hi there @anon9601

You could check out these threads:
(Fox's Web Design Thread)
(Lex's Copywriting Thread)

Both threads talk about selling a skill while simultaneously learning it. Basically, getting paid to learn. There's no big crazy idea, just plain simple execution and how hard you work. And maybe some unique angles to spice it up!

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
It seems people only discuss new ideas, trying to create your own niche and stuff like that.

I don't want that. I just want to work hard and make money through my hard work, not through some genius idea and insight. Something that has been done before, nothing new under the sun, but something that through hard work and teaching yourself the right skills you can do too.

Where could I find a list of such ways of making money? Preferably something that isn't selling goods, so not stuff like restaurants or opening up a shop. Preferably something where I could provide a service or something.
Hi Anon,

to some extent the definition of entrepreneurship is the building of a new business out of new innovations and new technologies.

you are on the other hand looking for a more traditional business setup which has already been tried and done previously. This translates into a few issues.

-where there is demand there will certainly be supply. You enter a market with established businesses and competition. How are you going to be better without providing better value. Why should customers switch to your service?
You will need some form of innovation to put yourself apart.

In other words you will need to be an entrepreneur with a new idea. (Kind of)

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014

You consider digital service/product business. Digital service could be a digital marketing service, website development, or hosting service. Digital products could be an ebook, app, or software.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Nick at the "sweaty startup" perhaps?

They have another podcsst , cant recall the name right now but the premise on that one is interviewing people who purchase existing businesses to flip.

Fersko

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Nov 3, 2018
It seems to me you're just describing a well-paid job. Here you always have the guarantee of getting paid if you work (hard). I mean a job as doctor, is what comes up to me?

I think the better motivation of starting a business, should be because you can do whatever you want with it. Everything is really in your own will. This makes me want to work darn hard for it, unfortunately this doesn't automatically mean that my delivered work is proportional to what I earn. You'll always be dependent of customers, which is a total different skill than just mastering something to later sell as a service. This freedom is what compensates the 'unfair' payment of your own business for me. Besides in the beginning you'll work almost work for free basically.

Could also be that I didn't understand you fully, for example I could also never see me working that hard to keep-up a restaurant as it is not of any interest to me whatsoever. This people work extremely hard, but this is because their passion of food and gastronomy. I guess the most of them consciously know, they're not going become multi-millionaires out of it.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
I just want to work hard and make money through my hard work, not through some genius idea and insight.
Are you looking for something like this?

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Don't listen to people who say your idea must be brand new and cutting edge.
That certainly helps, but most of the multi-millionaire business owners don't go to incubators or patent a revolutionary product...

Things like renting and leasing out industrial equipment, setting up a chain of flower shops that delivery for special occasions, even a very well-executed hair salon can all make you fabulously wealthy if you do it right.

The responses above cover some good sources. Ironically, these are the most common paths. They will take much longer to make you super duper rich, but they meet fastlane requirements (including human resource system service businesses).

Contrarily, these businesses can make $1 in profit much faster than sexier startups.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.