The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Even I Was Shocked By The Secrets I Learned When I Saw MJ Tutoring Obama

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,183%
Jun 8, 2010
California
It did not sound like you. :tiphat:

Haha it's not me to believe in my core that I suck.

I just feel that there is A LOT of power in understanding and accepting that being confused, scared, and overall sucking ALWAYS precedes clarity, confidence, and greatness.

Many refuse to try because the phase of suckage isn't that much fun...but if you're armed with the knowledge that it is essential to graduate to the next stage then it's a lot easier to make it through.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
zen******* said:

you will fail, you will suck, and it will take a while for that shit to stop happening on a regular basis. TRUST THAT THIS IS TRUE and life will be easier for you. (the upside is, at some point you stop sucking, and start really shining! )

"TRUST THAT THIS IS TRUE and life will be easier for you".
Very strong statement!!!! This is part of acceptance. As you design and build your life, many things will happen. Often times with very painful feelings. It does not need to be that way.

This is my goal in life. I am not there yet but it is part of my master plan.

Thanks for pointing that out ICK.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I just feel that there is A LOT of power in understanding and accepting that being confused, scared, and overall sucking ALWAYS precedes clarity, confidence, and greatness.

You are a wise man not even taking into account that you are only 28.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mr Cracker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 24, 2012
Mexico
If I could have one wish, I want the genie to allow me to stop sucking. The older I get, the more I realize how little I know.

My thoughts exactly.

It's great to realize this because it helps you get better everyday.

Last edited:

MotiveInMotion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 14, 2016
Independent
Classic!

I know this is old but I"m just finding some more of your posts @IceCreamKid - this is classic Frank Kern "Us Vs. Them" marketing and I see more and more of his mentalities the more I study the world and its themes like this. Take away the fault of the people and they are more bound to what you say because they don't need to take responsibility.

He also lays down the points of "touching the hem" syndrome that people have. People want to get close and learn from "the guy" that already gave him so much. That's why increasing your conversion rate by becoming more of a celebrity or larger figure has worked wonders for anyone selling anything.

Pretty interesting, thanks for sharing!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow, totally missed this post.

Probably because anytime I see "Obama" I tune it out. (Sorry, that's my political rule violation today.)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Ahhh I was hesitant to list out that birthday wish because of the risk that it would be misunderstood. Trust me, I don't wake up in the morning saying, "Gosh I suck so much. I don't want to try because I suck".

I mentioned the statement in reference to one of z*********'s posts from his golden nuggets thread:

Bad things that I didn't plan for popped up in my business last week, but since I understand the fact that sucking always precedes the phase of greatness, I have absolutely no problem with it. Just gotta keep pressing forward. It's a neat little process.

There is a lot of power in understanding that sucking is part of the process.
Yes. "Give yourself permission to suck" is a great line to enable people to just start already.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007