The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Eric from Erics Cheesecakes

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
Saturday 8-26-17 was the launching of my 2 product treats. Cheesecake on a Stick and Cheesecake Pops. Even though the launching was at midnight on Friday, which was late, and with the support of social media IG, FB/Live and texting, l was able to pull it off. Also the support of a local business Mimi's Pizza of Burlington, NC who allowed me to use his business and set up outside to promote my products.
Even though the location is not a high foot traffic location, l was still able to bring in some outsiders, who also bought pizza. Win/Win.
I did not sell out as was hoped for, but based on the location, timing and advertising, l did pretty darn good.

Shout out Ravens_Shadow and fiance who came out to support me, by surprise. A 120 mile round trip commute on his day off. That was a real treat for me. I made sure he tried all the Cheesecake Pops (MY Plain, Strawberry, Caramel and Cookies & Cream). he was not leaving until he tried them all. It was a privilege and and honor for me to serve him. My motivator and mentor.
Thanks so much my lil brother.

So as this develops, l will continually keep you all posted. Ups and downs, pros and cons, you will get it all.
Thanks for all the support and motivation.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
So how do I order one from your site??
Well right now, im just doing local street sales. Until l can build up enough to bump up my game. All of this is a learning process for me, and it seems like its going to be a big hit and big learning experience.
I will keep you all posted as to progress.
Thanks again for all the support.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
If only location was listed somewhere on the page.......... maybe near my info / message count / etc......

Maybe you take the initiative and PM me......

How long do you plan to be in business if people have to beg you to take their money......

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
If only location was listed somewhere on the page.......... maybe near my info / message count / etc......

How long do you plan to be in business if people have to beg you to take their money......

ZCP....I want to thank you for your interest in my product. Im not sure if you have been around from the start of this forum. I was on the verge of letting it all go. But with the support of this forum and some personal support of one of the members, l was able to reconfigure my who situation, restructure my business and come up with an idea that hopefully will change everything. However, it is still new and l am just now working out the kinks. So it not that l dont want your money, or that l dont plan to be in business for a long time. Shipping is not part of the initial phase, and thus it was not worked into the program. I do not have a deadline as to when it will be in effect, so l do not want to make false promises.
I have jumped into this with both feet, l am overly thrilled at it potential, and l will do whatever it takes to make it work. I will never go to the dark spot l was in before again.
This is going to work, and its going to be phenomenal or the next big footie thing.
Hopefully if you have not given up and believe in me, l will be able to supply you with one or many of my decadent treats.
One day at a time tho.
Thank you again for having an interest in my product. I hope to soon do business with you. Yes l do want your money.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
ZCP....I want to thank you for your interest in my product. Im not sure if you have been around from the start of this forum. I was on the verge of letting it all go. But with the support of this forum and some personal support of one of the members, l was able to reconfigure my who situation, restructure my business and come up with an idea that hopefully will change everything. However, it is still new and l am just now working out the kinks. So it not that l dont want your money, or that l dont plan to be in business for a long time. Shipping is not part of the initial phase, and thus it was not worked into the program. I do not have a deadline as to when it will be in effect, so l do not want to make false promises.
I have jumped into this with both feet, l am overly thrilled at it potential, and l will do whatever it takes to make it work. I will never go to the dark spot l was in before again.
This is going to work, and its going to be phenomenal or the next big footie thing.
Hopefully if you have not given up and believe in me, l will be able to supply you with one or many of my decadent treats.
One day at a time tho.
Thank you again for having an interest in my product. I hope to soon do business with you. Yes l do want your money.
Your entire post is littered with "I."

What about ZCP?

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Cut the guy some slack, he's done a lot of work since the beginning of this thread and changed a lot of his mindset.

@Ericito, jump off the cliff and build a plane on the way down.

Find a way to ship a cheesecake to @ZCP

Because even if the shipping costs are high (which they will be on the first attempt), I'm sure he'll still buy it. And you'll add another tool to your tool box.

Don't say "I'd love to ship you a cheesecake but I'm not at that stage yet." Instead say, "I haven't shipped one yet, but if you're excited about the pictures, wait into you taste one. I'll figure out the best way to send you one!"

Make it happen.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina

ZCP - I apologize for making it sound like its all about me/I. This is a new venture and alot of tweaking needs to be done. At this time packing and shipping is not available. Its not a part of the budget that is available to work with at the moment. However as soon as it is possible, even if it before the process is added, l promise you that all will be done to make you that you will have that opportunity to get to enjoy hopefully one of the best cheesecake products that you have ever had.
I yes I personally promise you that.
Please accept my apology.
Eric

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@Ericito read this post AFTER I get my cheesecake.

-----------
Let him figure it out on his own.

If I don't have one by then, I'll open it to anyone else in an effort to show how easy it is to overcome obstacles if you have the right mindset.

Many on this forum will see what I am trying to do here. He does not yet. He has made great strides. He has far to go.

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
@Ericito read this post AFTER I get my cheesecake.

-----------
Let him figure it out on his own.

If I don't have one by then, I'll open it to anyone else in an effort to show how easy it is to overcome obstacles if you have the right mindset.

Many on this forum will see what I am trying to do here. He does not yet. He has made great strides. He has far to go.
I know what you are doing and I think it is awesome. I'll delete my post.

MortimerFox

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Aug 14, 2014
London, UK
It's almost like you don't care if you make any money out of your business.

If you're just in it for the joy of making cheesecake or if you're just looking for approval from other people, I think you're in the wrong place.

You should be thinking about selling those cheesecakes. If you can't motivate yourself to get some cheesecake to @ZCP for $150, you seriously need to think about why you're doing this.

You keep talking about mindset shifts, but it looks like you're missing the most important one.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
You should be thinking about selling those cheesecakes. If you can't motivate yourself to get some cheesecake to @ZCP for $150, you seriously need to think about why you're doing this.......
(Mic drop)

EarlOfChina

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jul 8, 2017
UK
@Ericito the hassle you are getting in this thread is worth it's weight in GOLD! It might hurt your pride a little, but man, this is some serious character building stuff.

You'll never be the same!

...now get that bloody cheesecake to @ZCP!

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
I'm loving these last few posts. Real knowledge bombs being dropped. If you're not already then you need to be on Instagram posting out those shots and hijacking hashtags and tagging in all the big curation accounts. Hit the right ones and they can blow up your business

It's almost like you don't care if you make any money out of your business.

If you're just in it for the joy of making cheesecake or if you're just looking for approval from other people, I think you're in the wrong place.

You should be thinking about selling those cheesecakes. If you can't motivate yourself to get some cheesecake to @ZCP for $150, you seriously need to think about why you're doing this.

You keep talking about mindset shifts, but it looks like you're missing the most important one.
;

This is something that everyone needs to read. Particularly if you're struggling in your business because the likelihood is it's because you're stuck on how much you love the service/product and believing that people will somehow discover it by themselves.

Sadly it isn't doesn't work that way. As @MortimerFox says if it's a business and not a hobby you're looking for then it's time to not see obstacles as a reason to play small, but the ticket to playing big.

sam9530130

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Dec 29, 2016
Canada
$150 if I have a NY style on my desk by close of business on Tuesday 9/5/2017.....

@Ericito There are a lot of people shipping food similar to yours already. It's quite easy.

Yes, it will cost more than regular shipping, but as you can see people are willing to pay more to have something they most likely can't get anywhere else delivered. There are a lot of resources to help you ship perishable items (to name only a few):

I've seen a few companies that would ship perishable foods take orders all week long but only ship with an "express" method on Mondays or Tuesdays.

Anyways, you get the point. This is not even a problem... a lot of people have already gone through the hassle of figuring out how to do that already.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
$150 if I have a NY style on my desk by close of business on Tuesday 9/5/2017.....

Tuesday 9/5/2017 - I can make that happen.
1 - 8" Creamy NY Style Cheesecake
Shipped on Monday 9/4/2017 - Received before end of day 9/5/2017
Heck if you want it that bad....I will drive to Georgia and hand deliver it.
I Will Make It Happen

Attachments

• 20150909_055137.jpg
    20150909_055137.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 10

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
I want YOU to want it that bad!

Treat each customer like they are placing a $1M order. Find a way to say 'yes'. Solve the problem and create value. Get out of your own way!

Now focus on getting me my cheesecake. Then update your site where you can take orders from people that want to buy cheesecakes!

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
642%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
I'm glad that he's beginning to take this bull by the horns and guide his business to where it needs to go.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Tuesday 9/5/2017 - I can make that happen.
1 - 8" Creamy NY Style Cheesecake
Shipped on Monday 9/4/2017 - Received before end of day 9/5/2017
Heck if you want it that bad....I will drive to Georgia and hand deliver it.
I Will Make It Happen

Yes you will. Example to the masses.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
I want YOU to want it that bad!

Treat each customer like they are placing a $1M order. Find a way to say 'yes'. Solve the problem and create value. Get out of your own way!

Now focus on getting me my cheesecake. Then update your site where you can take orders from people that want to buy cheesecakes!
Definitely. Thanks for the pressure test.
Cake is in the oven as l type.
I will pm you for details.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.