The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Eric from Erics Cheesecakes

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
dats some damn good looking cheesecake.
makes me wanna make a cheescake app lol
A cute app game involving cheesecakes would do.
Maybe a Mario based game with the cheesies around instead of mushrooms lol.

But there's one app game I used to like...a Pie Maker game.
You could 'bake' and 'choose' textures, crust and fillings and make combinations of lots of pies. Pretty fun.
Wonder how that would turn out for cakes lol.
Here, screenshots because my brain's on a roll.
pie-maker-kids-cooking-app.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
A cute app game involving cheesecakes would do.
Maybe a Mario based game with the cheesies around instead of mushrooms lol.

But there's one app game I used to like...a Pie Maker game.
You could 'bake' and 'choose' textures, crust and fillings and make combinations of lots of pies. Pretty fun.
Wonder how that would turn out for cakes lol.
Here, screenshots because my brain's on a roll.
pie-maker-kids-cooking-app.png
Haha....LOL. Sounds like something that could be fun. Hopefully if l pull of this cheesecake stick and pops, l can start looking to other ways to promote my products.
Thanks for the idea.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Haha....LOL. Sounds like something that could be fun. Hopefully if l pull of this cheesecake stick and pops, l can start looking to other ways to promote my products.
Thanks for the idea.
No kidding...I think an app game, based on that example COULD be promo material. Plus branding.
Some movie franchises such as the Hunger Games have their app games to build hype and interest even before the launch of their sequels.
That way, those interested will be more educated on what you offer. And even if they don't end up becoming customers, they'll keep talking about how fun the game was...and spread the word.

But focus on the core of the biz first...the cakes.
The fancy marketing can come later, should you find the need for it.
Baking cakes is already a very good Entry barrier. Not everyone can bake a good cake. I myself tried making strawberry cakes, and they fell into pieces lol.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
No kidding...I think an app game, based on that example COULD be promo material. Plus branding.
Some movie franchises such as the Hunger Games have their app games to build hype and interest even before the launch of their sequels.
That way, those interested will be more educated on what you offer. And even if they don't end up becoming customers, they'll keep talking about how fun the game was...and spread the word.

But focus on the core of the biz first...the cakes.
The fancy marketing can come later, should you find the need for it.
Baking cakes is already a very good Entry barrier. Not everyone can bake a good cake. I myself tried making strawberry cakes, and they fell into pieces lol.
Baking is definitely a science. But you have to love the art, technique, skill, the patience and the trials and errors of baking in order to be good at it. But most of all customer satisfaction. It takes alot of practice to make it perfect.
Thanks again for the suggestions.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Please don't make a cheesecake app. Just make cheesecakes and sell them.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Making progress. Looking forward to Saturday.....When many are away. Let see how it goes. View attachment 16111

Are you going to push ads to this? Maybe do a geo tagging FB ad to a 2 or 3 mile radius around Mimi's and say if they mention the ad they get 20% off or something. Could be a fun experiment and a future channel for sales if it works.

This could turn into a successful pop-up style business, like a food truck with a loyal following, minus the truck.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
Please don't make a cheesecake app. Just make cheesecakes and sell them.
I have not made any executive decisions yet. l listen and take all into consideration. However this is so early in the game, so right now focus is all these pop sales.
That is what is in front of me right now.....and its big.
Thanks again.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
Are you going to push ads to this? Maybe do a geo tagging FB ad to a 2 or 3 mile radius around Mimi's and say if they mention the ad they get 20% off or something. Could be a fun experiment and a future channel for sales if it works.

This could turn into a successful pop-up style business, like a food truck with a loyal following, minus the truck.
Too soon. But definitely under consideration. Let me just see how this works. Deal or Dud. Of course im positive it going to work. Cause im going to make it work.
Its not about "I"....but I do have to make it work. Go Big or Go Home.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
LOL...That would be pretty funny. Would be only adults playing. Kids are not into cheesecake....just ice cream. Mr Softee.
A local dessert shop (cupcakes and cheesecake) has increased their nightly traffic via lures.
Am sure you looked into it before dismissing it though, right?

Time to put your preconceptions behind you and start turning over every stone....... you have gotten a lot of help here. Still don't think you are serious.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
A local dessert shop (cupcakes and cheesecake) has increased their nightly traffic via lures.

Time to put your preconceptions behind you and start turning over every stone....... you have gotten a lot of help here. Still don't think you are serious.
No sir, I have not dismissed any ideas. I take all and everything into consideration. However, at this time l am still a home baker, with out a retail store. I do not have customers coming to my home, as my wife would kill me. So until l can advance my game and/or either get a brick and mortar, all those ideas are on the back burner.
Now one idea that would work could be the lure to where l am that day, or week. That may work really well as l will be mobile until l get established.....then l will still be mobile. Al least with the Cheesecake Pops frenzy...l hope to happen...like the cronut.
But l have to take baby steps and try to get this working, before l can advance to newer levels.
However, l am always open to suggestions and really appreciate the though and efforts many are going through to make this happen.
Thanks so much again.

PS: If only you knew the budget l am working with, you may understand a bite clearer. It is what it is.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Too soon. But definitely under consideration. Let me just see how this works. Deal or Dud. Of course im positive it going to work. Cause im going to make it work.
Its not about "I"....but I do have to make it work. Go Big or Go Home.

Then what's the point of that graphic you posted? Who's going to see it?

What would it hurt to push $15 to that ad and see if it helps?

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
I was referring to the discount right now. Its too soon. However, of course l pushed out the boost broadcast on Facebook and Instagram. It boosts to people within a certain radius of my town. So l am way ahead of that.
I cant afford right now to give discounts at this time. Especially since l dont know how its going to work on this holiday weekend.
As explained, l have a very small to $0 budget that l am working with. All is invested on making this work this weekend, to know if it going to become my means of living.
I have an amazing product, and l am going to do everything possible to make it happen. I am not going to fail.

So please dont judge me and assume that l dont want this bad enough or that im not serious. I appreciate the support, but it not easy for me, but thats life.
I am very serious, and l and going to make it work. Because, if it does not work, then l have no idea what the next day will be like.
I want this very bad.
Thank You

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I was referring to the discount right now. Its too soon. However, of course l pushed out the boost broadcast on Facebook and Instagram. It boosts to people within a certain radius of my town. So l am way ahead of that.
I cant afford right now to give discounts at this time. Especially since l dont know how its going to work on this holiday weekend.
As explained, l have a very small to $0 budget that l am working with. All is invested on making this work this weekend, to know if it going to become my means of living.
I have an amazing product, and l am going to do everything possible to make it happen. I am not going to fail.

So please dont judge me and assume that l dont want this bad enough or that im not serious. I appreciate the support, but it not easy for me, but thats life.
I am very serious, and l and going to make it work. Because, if it does not work, then l have no idea what the next day will be like.
I want this very bad.
Thank You

I meant to say that the Facebook ads would be a good idea. The discount is optional. It's just a way to actually validate they saw the ad.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina

At this time l am still a home baker. All created in my garage created semi pro kitchen/bakery. But l am not a retail store, nor is my business address listed. Probably not a good idea to lure people to my home. The wife would kill me, plus its not safe. But the wife would still kill me.
However, definitely not a bad suggestion and something l will be willing to try once l get a retail store of a place away from home. Nothing is being dismissed. Just too soon at the moment.
Thanks again for all the support.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Me having to say that it was for your run at MiMi's indicates you may not have the vision to be a successful business owner.

Strongly suggest partnering up with someone who is positive, aggressive, and has some business acumen. Do the part you are good at.... let them handle what they are good at.... hire out the rest.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
Me having to say that it was for your run at MiMi's indicates you may not have the vision to be a successful business owner.

Strongly suggest partnering up with someone who is positive, aggressive, and has some business acumen. Do the part you are good at.... let them handle what they are good at.... hire out the rest.
I totally understand what you are saying and suggestion. However, this is again a beginning for me. I have to have a platform to start from. I am not partnering with Mimis. He is allowing me to setup shop in front of his business. Something alot of business owners will not allow. I am grateful that he is allowing me to do such to launch my products at his establishment. Its only a foot in the door, until l get some recognition.
One day at a time.
Thanks again

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Got this note from @Ericito this morning:
---------------------
Good Morning Sir,
Due to the holiday schedule, shipping was not available on Monday, as all companies were closed. Therefore as plannedthe cheesecake will not be shipped as requested to arrive on Tuesday, September 5th by 5:00 PM. Sincere apologys for lack of knowledge.

In view of the forgoing, the cheesecake will be shipped on Tuesday and should arrive next day on Wednesday, September 6, and under normal circumstances, before 5:00 PM.
Due to the fact that this did not meet the deadline, the conditions regarding the challenge have obviously been adjusted. Therefore, at this point, just pay the regular cost for the shipping and handling and the cake price is reduced to $0.
Please accept this as a token of appreciation for choosing Eric's Cheesecakes as a source of your dessert choice.
Please enjoy the cake as it will be the best you ever had.
Thank You
Sincerely,
Eric

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Got this note from @Ericito this morning:
---------------------
Good Morning Sir,
Due to the holiday schedule, shipping was not available on Monday, as all companies were closed. Therefore as plannedthe cheesecake will not be shipped as requested to arrive on Tuesday, September 5th by 5:00 PM. Sincere apologys for lack of knowledge.

In view of the forgoing, the cheesecake will be shipped on Tuesday and should arrive next day on Wednesday, September 6, and under normal circumstances, before 5:00 PM.
Due to the fact that this did not meet the deadline, the conditions regarding the challenge have obviously been adjusted. Therefore, at this point, just pay the regular cost for the shipping and handling and the cake price is reduced to $0.
Please accept this as a token of appreciation for choosing Eric's Cheesecakes as a source of your dessert choice.
Please enjoy the cake as it will be the best you ever had.
Thank You
Sincerely,
Eric

-1 for foresight
+2 for good customer service

Question is, will he do this for every customer or just forum users.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
@ZCP - I just want to say thank you for your mentorship of @Ericito because basically that is what you've been doing through this thread and you've been doing it for free and without any want for credit and thanks.

Anyone at the start of their business should pay attention to what ZCP is doing here. I know personally I'd have got to success a lot faster with someone like this guiding me.

sam9530130

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Dec 29, 2016
Canada
The cake was in the oven on the 28th.

Why wait until the complete last minute to ship it?

I wouldn't think he made it on the 28th because you generally don't want to ship refrigerated food on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday in case it doesn't get delivered before the weekend and stays in the mailbox for a few extra days. He most likely baked it during the weekend and intended to ship it yesterday. I could be wrong though.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
I wouldn't think he made it on the 28th because you generally don't want to ship refrigerated food on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday in case it doesn't get delivered before the weekend and stays in the mailbox for a few extra days. He most likely baked it during the weekend and intended to ship it yesterday. I could be wrong though.
Definitely. Thanks for the pressure test.
Cake is in the oven as l type.
I will pm you for details.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
What I'm interested is what is your next step after this @Ericito? Are you looking to build on the one sale by post and do more? If you're not keen to have people at your home (understandable) then this might be the way forward? Or are you going to look to get more local stores stocking it.

What's the next big goals?

If you are thinking of doing Facebook or Instagram ads, my advice would be to go with video ads. They cost a lot less. Make the first one just showing off your cheesecakes out to the whole of your local area and then from that run engagement ads based on 25% watched focused on the sale. The 25% makes sure they're more qualified meaning you're not wasting money selling to people who couldn't care less about cheesecakes.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.