The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
Hey, so I've been trying to document my process via a vlog. I'm currently selling on Amazon, but wanting to expand into more in the future.

Here's the story so far:

Episode 1-
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHfDLPNrKyc

Episode 2-
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WRfYykDTYA

Episode 3-
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mivxK0QLOuY

Episode 4-
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPsJQwEahy8

Episode 5-
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d5nyyrf5CI

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK

Devin Out

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Oct 15, 2015
Fastlane!
Hey Pete - Your content is absolutely stunning. Extremely high quality, and you've got a great story that you're constantly adding to. Here is some advice I read earlier today posted by Alex Becker.

I hope all is well with you and I look forward to seeing your future updates. Stick with it!

"
Simple Youtube channel tip : Channels are grown by a few videos, not consistent content or quality content.

Let me explain : Probably about 90% of my subscribers come from 10 videos that have over 100k views (to 1 million). These vids I like to think of as "intro videos". They go semi viral, attract new viewers with a big clickbaity hook and THEN intro them to me n my personality. Most people just start with their personality and end with their personality. If you want to grow a channel do this

YES make consistent content but what you need to do when your starting off is jack trends, mimic other viral videos in your niche and do "stunts" that trigger massive curiosity from Youtube users.

For example : A trend on Youtube right now is idiots mailing themselves in a box places. Why? Because its literally a million views every time GUARANTEED.

There are tons of trends like this out there tho. Another example, my most viewed video is me buying $1000 worth of Overwatch (video game) item boxes and making a spoof that I'm so rich that I can force Blizzard to give me a certain item by dropping fat stacks.

I saw that loot box openings of 100 boxs got a TON of views , so I bought $1000 worth. This video got 1 million views for a $1000 stunt AKA massive ROI...A sub on Youtube costs at least 2-$10 via ads. With paid traffic this is also bout 50-100k worth of views (those numbers are guestimates with my past experience) This video has gotten me a HUGE % of my subs. I've done the same with other videos and the ROI even with spending 1k is at 100x at least.

Even funnier is my most viewed videos are on a Iphone or a screen capture.

Don't get me wrong, uploading consistent quality content is important BUT I see new channels bust out crazy high quality videos that get no views. It's depressing. The channel is creating videos that are awesome, but they don't bring in interest from new viewers.

Every time you upload a video starting off think of the following
1. What videos in my niche get a ton of views and how can I up the ante (aka I saw that Shopify vids got a ton of views, so I made a vid saying Shopify is dead and this vid is on its way to 100k views easy, same thing with a few other Shopify vids)

2. What title can I use to create the most drama/curiosity to a person that have ZERO interest in my channel.

This is the KEY, because when you can hook viewers with a vid topic and creative headline you are almost guaranteed to start really feeding the Youtube algo.

When that happens Youtube starts sharing the SHIT out of your video.

If you use the simple process above and upload daily 1 out 5 of your videos will go semi viral. Do that over and over and you are going to have a few break out videos that build most of your sub base.

DO NOT look at big vloggers like Logan Paul and Casey Neistat and Pewdiepie and think you can get there by making similar content.

#1: They already have that content covered

#2: Go look at the videos that kicked these guys off. They ALL got their start from videos that when huge and THEN started more personality based videos.

People don't care about your personality until you establish a big audience.

Pewds had happy wheel videos (20 million views or something per vide)

Casey had HBO and Bike lanes and $14,000 plane seat (and similar videos shot on a low quality camera at that)

Jenna Marbles had how to trick people into thinking your pretty (tens of millions of views)

Tomi Lahren had that crazy Kapernick rant (65 million views)

ALL the big video stars got a huge start from a few viral videos that tapped into trends, focused on stunts, or created mass curiosity. Stop pumping out content just for the sake of content. Start pumping out average "quality" videos that tap into the "viral" factors above.

Don't focus on video quality, don't focus on the info you provide, don't focus on anything except what will attract peoples attention in mass. THEN once you know how to trigger that THEN back it up with quality and content.

People don't come to a new channel or discover a new channel because a video is informative or shot well. They come to be entertained while they are in zombie mode browsing around. They then STAY for the content.

Once you build up a following THEN people will start wanting to watch videos on who you are and what you are about and it will attract new people who want to know why everyone is following you. Your current audience will also boost your channel algorithmically and get you promoted way more. But you need to build that initial audience with good ol fashion clickbait"

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
Hey Pete - Your content is absolutely stunning. Extremely high quality, and you've got a great story that you're constantly adding to. Here is some advice I read earlier today posted by Alex Becker.

I hope all is well with you and I look forward to seeing your future updates. Stick with it!

Thanks! I'm planning on posting some more clickbiatish stuff. I've noticed that for some reason talking about big accounts seems to get people views, so I'm going to make a couple of videos about why I've stopped watching Tai Lopez and Gary Vee and see if that gets attention. I'm also going to talk about other subjects that are popular like robots taking over jobs, the future of online retail and SnapChat's chances of survival ect. Maybe go on about popular stuff in the business news like Toys R Us shutting down and why I think it has ect too. I'll make all the titles clickbaity and make people ask a question.

So it will still be tracking my story, but the odd thing to attract people too. I want to keep it atleast on topic and genuine though. I don't want to just do a load of spammy stuff just for the sake of views, but I realise I've got to do it to a degree to get anywhere.

Last edited:

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
Hey guys, so here's the latest update!

This one I go through what I think the future of retail will be, which was sparked off by a thread on this forum.

I'm also considering moving into more of a private label based business model. Even though the wholesale is growing (which you'll see), it's pretty slow and I want to atleast dip my feet in private label when I have some cash spare after Christmas and see if it's easier!

P.S. I think the beard is due a trim! Haha!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMvlWUT36Eg

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
Hey guys,

So here's the next vlog. In this one I talk about how Apple are starting to show signs of starting to go downhill (attempt at clickbait) and I talk about how I'm tripling the amount of products I'm buying because of things selling faster during Christmas.

I've tried to make it more choppy and fast paced because I've noticed the bigger YouTubers do this to keep people's attention. Let me know what you think about what's in the video and if you reckon the editing has made things better!

Cheers!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHkW8S0h6_Q

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
Hi everyone,

So here's the next episode of my entrepreneur vlog. In this episode, I talk about how I've bought in £15,000 worth of stock to sell this Christmas and my sales expectations vs last year. I also talk about how I've had to stop selling supplements because of problems with ingredients getting listings banned.

BTW, what do you think to the new editing I've been doing? Do you think the fast and choppy style is good or just makes it annoying to watch? I've tried to copy Phillip DeFranco and Logan Paul with keeping people's attention ect, but I'm not sure if it takes away people's ability to relax during it compared to the old slower paced stuff?

Thanks!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkhbWuavgCI

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
So here's the next vlog- I talk about my best day so far on Amazon and generally track how well the Christmas season is going so far. I also talk about how I'm calculating my costs for FBA.

I've tried to edit it, so it's more relaxing and less fast paced with music in the background ect because I think it was abit too cut before.

Enjoy!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjOi8CVsjbs

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
So I've made this fast because there was too much content to fit into one vlog.

I talk about how I sold £3k worth of Dragonchain right at the wrong time and how I'm thinking of quitting Amazon FBA to do cryptocurrency full time.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ytZWEoD_hk

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK

FriscoJP

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 23, 2017
Florida
Curious what exactly happened here... pretty quickly went from FBA to all-crypto... I imagine the fact that the crypto market has never really recovered kind of hampered your spirits a bit? I went from $19k to $5k on Binance in the span of a couple weeks so I can sympathize a bit. Hope your journey has continued nonetheless.

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
Curious what exactly happened here... pretty quickly went from FBA to all-crypto... I imagine the fact that the crypto market has never really recovered kind of hampered your spirits a bit? I went from $19k to $5k on Binance in the span of a couple weeks so I can sympathize a bit. Hope your journey has continued nonetheless.

Thanks, yeah I’m moving into private label on Amazon and haven’t really been posting here. I’ve been keeping up with it on YouTube though. But yeah, feeling pretty down about this whole crypto stuff! It’s been absolutely sinking for like 6 months now!

I’ll post links to the other videos when I make another one. Thanks for watching!

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
What's crypto? Is it just a fad?

The cryptocurrency market is basically a load of start ups using blockchain (some not) to solve certain problems in the world.

I don't think it's a fad because decentralisation offers more security because there's more points of attack and smart contracts help eliminate trust.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.