The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Email Management Software For Customer Support?

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
I have multiple VAs handling Customer Support/Account Management.

Each VA handles 4 clients at a time.

I want to have one "accounts@mycompanyname.com" email for customers to send emails to.

However, I don't want all of my VAs seeing each other's emails and each other's clients' emails for certain reasons related to my business.

Is there an email management software (or process) out there that allows us to have one Accounts email that all VAs can handle support from, yet they can't see each other's emails?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I have multiple VAs handling Customer Support/Account Management.

Each VA handles 4 clients at a time.

I want to have one "accounts@mycompanyname.com" email for customers to send emails to.

However, I don't want all of my VAs seeing each other's emails and each other's clients' emails for certain reasons related to my business. Also features a chat option, but I don't think you have to use that.

Is there an email management software (or process) out there that allows us to have one Accounts email that all VAs can handle support from, yet they can't see each other's emails?

I'm pretty sure you can do this with ActiveCampaign. I use AC, but haven't tried the conversations feature. It does mention a unified inbox though.

ActiveCampaign.PNG

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
I'm pretty sure you can do this with ActiveCampaign. I use AC, but haven't tried the conversations feature. It does mention a unified inbox though.

View attachment 31842

Interesting. I thought ActiveCampaign was just for email marketing. So it actually has an customer support email management software too.

I'm fine with a "unified" inbox, I just don't want VAs being so unified that they are able to access other VAs conversations/emails with their respective clients.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Interesting. I thought ActiveCampaign was just for email marketing. So it actually has an customer support email management software too.

I'm fine with a "unified" inbox, I just don't want VAs being so unified that they are able to access other VAs conversations/emails with their respective clients.

They're founded in automated inbound marketing, but they've built a lot of systems for customer management as well. They're considered a customer relationship management (CRM) platform.

I'm not sure how the conversations setup works, but in general AC has ways to manage customers through tags or other custom fields so even if they reply to the primary email the communication can be directed to the appropriate person based on their tag or custom field data.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I heard Helpscout is quite good. Never used it, and maybe not quite what you need.

G

Guest24480

Are the VA --> client relationships already pre-defined? i.e. If Client A sends an email to that address, it should always route to VA #1? Or does it not matter who it routes to for each separate issue as long as it gets picked up by one of the VA's, then once it does you want to limit the scope of that particular correspondence between those two parties? Also what is your current email service provider (Google apps, O365, CPanel, other)?

Edit: The reason I ask is because the email someone sends to doesn't necessarily have to dictate where it ends up. A lot of email platforms have forwarding rules you can create, like "If clientA@company.com sends to accounts@mycompanyname.com, forward this mail to agent1@mycompanyname.com". Then from there the client will communicate back and forth with that VA for the remainder of that email chain. You may not necessarily need to pay for a solution here if you go out of the box with what your email provider already has.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.