The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you have a tattoo?

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Most of my coworkers and people around my age are covered in tattoos.

They often ask me how come I don't have any myself. If I'm scared or something. I just simply shrug it off because tattoos just don't elicit an emotional response in me.

Also I know for a fact that whatever tatoo I get I would get bored of in less than a year.

Lately I've been thinking about having a tattoo removal business. People get bored with their tattoos or need to get them remove for a job. It turns out that getting a tattoo removed is more expensive than getting it on.

So do you have any tattoos?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
When I was spending months at a time in Hawaii, I was pretty sure I wanted a tattoo of the hawaiian islands on a forearm, and of a sea turtle maybe nearby. I had one henna'ed just to try it out and loved it. I could never time it so that I could be out of the sun and water long enough after getting it done.

Thank goodness.

Now, after moving to Florida, we spend exactly zero time in Hawaii. Pretty glad I don't have their state map on my forearm.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I always chuckled building AdWords campaigns for “tattoo artist <location>” and then “tattoo removal <location>”.

I don’t have any tattoos. I may do one day. They would have to mean something. Maybe Chinese writing as I’m half-Chinese. Maybe the names of my sons and maybe something for family members who’ve passed away.

My mum does excellent Chinese calligraphy by all accounts, and it’s always a real hit when she writes people’s names in England. Even today I was thinking she could do Chinese writing and translations for people who might want a tattoo, or to have a lucky saying in their house.

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
ideas-no-regerts-tattoo-for-your.jpg

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
I have 4. all but one most people would never see and the fourth is meant to be kind of a warning.
If you don't mind asking what kind of warning? For yourself or for the people that manage to see it?

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
When I was spending months at a time in Hawaii, I was pretty sure I wanted a tattoo of the hawaiian islands on a forearm, and of a sea turtle maybe nearby. I had one henna'ed just to try it out and loved it. I could never time it so that I could be out of the sun and water long enough after getting it done.

Thank goodness.

Now, after moving to Florida, we spend exactly zero time in Hawaii. Pretty glad I don't have their state map on my forearm.

This is how I imagine how most people end up getting tattoos. Either they are so happy or so sad in that one moment in time that they want to remember it so much that they end up getting it inked on their body. Only to have more extremely happy and sad moments later on in life making the tattoo obsolete.

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
I always chuckled building AdWords campaigns for “tattoo artist <location>” and then “tattoo removal <location>”.

I don’t have any tattoos. I may do one day. They would have to means something. Maybe Chinese writing as I’m half-Chinese. Maybe my sons names and maybe something for family members who’ve passed away.

My mum does excellent Chinese calligraphy by all accounts, and it’s always a real hit when she writes people’s names in England. Even today I was thinking she could do Chinese writing and translations for people who might want a tattoo, or to have a lucky saying in their house.

I guess is a business you can't lose in. One or the other will be profitable definitely fastlane lol.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I have 1 tattoo currently I got while in the Marine Corps. Surprised I didn’t leave with more... at the time, the tattoo policy was very damaging to careers, so I made sure to get mine in an inconspicuous location.

It’s on my upper bicep and you cannot see it while I’m clothed.

I plan on getting several other tattoos, currently have a large rib piece I’ve been planning for ages.

Personally, I love artwork. But for me, i keep them concealed because I still have a very professional day job.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I got two tats, one on each upper arm like 15 years ago without thinking it through. I totally regret it, but at least I can hide them. My brother got pretty intense tats on both of his forearms and ten years ago it caused him professional problems, but these days it doesnt seem like a big issue anymore.

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
Put your idea through the 7 P’s of a proccess. If you wait too long you’ll never do anything. The 7 Ps are in “unscripted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I'm actually going to get my whole body tattooed except for my face. Tattoos are beautiful, don't judge.

LynetteP

This will be car photo when I get a rocket again
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Apr 13, 2018
Tennessee
Most of my coworkers and people around my age are covered in tattoos.

They often ask me how come I don't have any myself. If I'm scared or something. I just simply shrug it off because tattoos just don't elicit an emotional response in me.

Also I know for a fact that whatever tatoo I get I would get bored of in less than a year.

Lately I've been thinking about having a tattoo removal business. People get bored with their tattoos or need to get them remove for a job. It turns out that getting a tattoo removed is more expensive than getting it on.

So do you have any tattoos?
Not a one. Worked in a nursing home as a receptionist when I was a teenager and saw what happened to tattooed skin when it got older. Scary!

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
No tattoos. I love artwork and tattoo art looks cool, but personally, I just feel they look ugly on the human body (no offence).

It's like a beautiful piece of statue (think Michelangelo's David), and you scribble some stuff on it using dark green marker pen. Spoils the natural beauty.

Maybe OP can consider targeting women: Tattooed women outnumber men in a new poll

The poll was in 2012, it's 2018 now, the gap should be even wider. I see on IG, every girl has at least one tattoo somewhere on the body I swear!

There's many ways of self expression, tattoos ain't the way to go.
What if you're old, and the skin starts to sag and wrinkle, and you've more age spots? That whole tattoo area is gonna look like one scary convoluted mess (especially for women).

Also, I wonder if laser can remove large patches of tattoos (e.g: full back or whole arm sleeve) cleanly or is it limited to those tiny tattoos.

I'm strongly anti-tattoo, maybe I should start a movement like those pro-LGBT / Vegan events and fastlane it lol.....

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Not a one. Worked in a nursing home as a receptionist when I was a teenager and saw what happened to tattooed skin when it got older. Scary!

What happens to it?

WJS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Dec 3, 2017
MY
What happens to it?

Imagine a T-shirt with great design. Once it's been washed and stretched over and over again the image turns blurry, out of shape and out of colour. That's what happens to a tattoo over time. I've seen one before on the forearm of an elderly gentlemen, "art" would be the last word I'd use to describe it. Worst of all, you can't get rid of it. At that age you'd probably not willing to go through all the pain and pay that much money to remove it.

LynetteP

This will be car photo when I get a rocket again
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Apr 13, 2018
Tennessee
What happens to it?
Sagging, fades, wrinkles, age spot (dark and light) discoloration. Nothing pretty!

Besides, in this case, it doesn't matter what other people think (wisdom about tattoos isn't life changing). Is it something YOU are dying to have? If not, it's in the category of the 80% of garbage that is stealing your attention from the 20% of stuff you need to focus on. Not throwing stones, I struggle with this myself. Just decide quickly and move on. If it becomes important to you for some reason, later you will remember it, and you can revisit it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.