The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do what seems right now!!

Anything related to matters of the mind

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
It's 3:30 am.

Like any good insomniac, instead of sleeping I'm laying here....thinking....and typing my thoughts on my iPhone.

What needs to be done. What decisions need to be made. How to pull all this stuff off.

Sometimes, when we see all that needs to get done, we get paralyzed ... or at least I do. Maybe you can relate.

But...I've pulled a lot of seemingly impossible things off in the past, and the more I think about it, one theme runs through all of them.

I do my best when I don't over analyze things, and go with what feels right now, at this very moment.

In other words I just do what seems like the next most logical thing, however crazy it might seem.

Just throw your self in and go...with conviction.

Start moving, start right now.

For example, don't ask if "learning to program is smart or stupid". If it seems right to you start learning immediately, if you start to analyze too much you will never even begin.

Don't listen too much to others and what they think is right or wrong. It's irrelevant. Your not them.

If you read biographies of revolutionaries and innovative people you discover many common traits.

1 - They all March to the beat of their own drum. They don't follow the crowd.

2 - They have tried an enormous # of things, and failed at many.

3 - They have been heavily criticized over the years but did what they thought anyway.

I haven't asked, but I have to believe that nearly all of them lived doing what felt right at the moment.

They made decisions and ran with them.

They realized that right or wrong is only learned from doing. Until you try some course of action you can't determine rightness or wrongness.

And ... they accepted that no single decision in life is final.

MOST IMPORTANTLY -- Nearly anything we do can be undone, yes there may be a cost in time or money, but failing to make decisions and act at all is far costlier over your lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

JakeVW

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jul 27, 2016
Excellent post, this is all so true. I actually wrote your three points down in my thought journal on a page I called "Keep in Mind". The most important thing is to go out and do something.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
It's 3:30 am.

Like any good insomniac, instead of sleeping I'm laying here....thinking....and typing my thoughts on my iPhone.

What needs to be done. What decisions need to be made. How to pull all this stuff off.

Sometimes, when we see all that needs to get done, we get paralyzed ... or at least I do. Maybe you can relate.

But...I've pulled a lot of seemingly impossible things off in the past, and the more I think about it, one theme runs through all of them.

I do my best when I don't over analyze things, and go with what feels right now, at this very moment.

In other words I just do what seems like the next most logical thing, however crazy it might seem.

Just throw your self in and go...with conviction.

Start moving, start right now.

For example, don't ask if "learning to program is smart or stupid". If it seems right to you start learning immediately, if you start to analyze too much you will never even begin.

Don't listen too much to others and what they think is right or wrong. It's irrelevant. Your not them.

If you read biographies of revolutionaries and innovative people you discover many common traits.

1 - They all March to the beat of their own drum. They don't follow the crowd.

2 - They have tried an enormous # of things, and failed at many.

3 - They have been heavily criticized over the years but did what they thought anyway.

I haven't asked, but I have to believe that nearly all of them lived doing what felt right at the moment.

They made decisions and ran with them.

They realized that right or wrong is only learned from doing. Until you try some course of action you can't determine rightness or wrongness.

And ... they accepted that no single decision in life is final.

MOST IMPORTANTLY -- Nearly anything we do can be undone, yes there may be a cost in time or money, but failing to make decisions and act at all is far costlier over your lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love your posts, man

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
@Omni

Literally us last night lmaoooo

Rep+

Omni

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jul 18, 2014
Great post! Failing to make a decision is a decision too. Way better to move, get some data and adjust. Because if you're not going to proactively choose, your competitors will.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
It seems like everyone is going down the importing/private labeling route. It's probably the best opportunity available. I have no idea. My thoughts are that it's competitive, but at the same time I don't know enough about it. Do reviews still matter? Is it all about coming up with a unique product? Am I going to have to spend $1,000 up front or I can try to get started with less than $100? I don't know and I lack the creativity to figure that out. All of these questions make it mentally draining to me for some reason -- which I definitely need to get over because I want to try it.

I've had an idea for a website in the back of my mind for a few years and so with the intention of making it a reality, instead of racking my brain over whether I should do that later and try importing, trying to come up with something else, reading about what others are doing and still having no idea what they do, I just decided that I needed to dive it and create the website.

I finished the web development course I was working through and now I have little bits and pieces of my website coming to life. Right now, I'm at a major roadblock where I can't get the code to run, but I've reached out to someone on another website to ask for help. I don't spend hours and hours a day doing it because this roadblock is literally holding me back, but the point is that this website feels right to me right now.

If it doesn't work out, then I have no problem moving on. I had to give this a shot, though, as it has stuck with me for so long.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
It seems like everyone is going down the importing/private labeling route. It's probably the best opportunity available.

Best opportunity available? I beg to disagree. Everyone has different 'best opportunities' available.

The title of this thread is "Do what seems right, now". Does importing and/or private labelling seem right, now? If it does, F*cking do it and commit!

Stop comparing opportunities against another, endlessly. If you're truly at a crossroads, then you need to use WADM found in the Fastlane book.

Commit.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
@InspireHD love your avatar. I would love to have a TBM 900.

Right now I have a diamond DA40 XLS I bought to train in. hoping to transition to a DA62 in 2-3 years.

It is sort of my inspiration. I just got my PPL in November last year and only have 75.2 flight hours. I would love to own my own plane some day! If you haven't heard of him, check out steveo1kinevo on Youtube. He flies a TBM-850.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.