The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do supercars get girls?

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
I am curious

1. People who own super cars, do you get a lot of attention from WOMEN (not 12 year olds boys)

2. Aside from the attention about just the car, and attention from gold digging types, how does your money affect your dating life?

From what I know, women are attracted to status, power, and wealth. When you are dating or talking to girls, how has your money helped or hurt you?

If I pull up in a bentley and ask for a girls number, I doubt she would say no. And yes I do get girls now, I want to know how status gets even more.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
If I remember correctly, MJ said he got more guys than girls with the Lambo. :p

Not surprising at all, for the most part women (in my experience) don't know the difference between a Corvette and an F430. Now when it comes to shoes, different story.

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
There are implications that follow supercar ownership. Simply put:

To afford a supercar, one must be wealthy...

If one is wealthy, they must be successful...

Successful people make good providers because they are passionate, driven, responsible, etc.

Do you see where I'm going with this? Please understand that I am speaking about the ideal case. I understand that one can be wealthy without having the other qualities that I mentioned. I understand that one can have a supercar, but be drowning in debt. Any one of us could go on about the exceptions for hours, but I think my message is clear. The traits that I mentioned are generally thought to be attractive.

You could take the discussion a step further by saying that humans are biologically programmed with specific desires that we believe will perpetuate the survival of our species. Women will naturally look for the person who checks as many of their boxes as possible (the same can be said for men).

I won't digress because there are people who do a much better job explaining this topic at length, but I hope you get the gist.

Bottom line: It's usually not just the car.

vtlambo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Mar 10, 2012
I don't think most girls would know the difference between a super successful guy in a Lambo vs. someone who is barely getting by and prioritizes his Lambo or rent payments. To her, it's a guy in a Lambo.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
I watched a video on YouTube a while back, think it was Motor Trend. They did a challenge to see who could pick up more girls- a guy in an old rat rod, or a guy in a brand new Lamborghini. The rat rod won. The Lamborghini ended up being a dude magnet. The car wouldn't even be parked and turned off and there'd be guys running up to get pictures standing with it.

I think it's fair to say that the self-assurance and confidence you gain from success in the fastlane would help your game more than your car. As someone else already said, many girls wouldn't know the difference between a $50,000 Corvette and a $500,000 Ferrari.

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
I'd say it's more of a niche market. You would be more likely to get a girl from the car modeling scene then just random chicks. Provided you're not a total weirdo or something...

Women require an entirely different skill set than business but rely on the same core concept. Guts.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
women are attracted to status, power, and wealth.

This can't be true.

How are all these fat, broke losers who have nothing going for them getting beautiful girls?

I see it ALL the time. Some guy pulls up in a 20 year old Honda with a cacophonous exhaust with a beautiful girl sitting in the front.

Only if you act more confident and feel good about yourself because of your success does it affect you "getting girls".

Your self-esteem should not be dependent on external variables, especially very volatile ones like opinion or net worth.

Make money for yourself.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
Women require an entirely different skill set than business but rely on the same core concept. Guts.

I like to compare asking a girl out to putting a business deal together.

That is to say, if you can confidently walk away no matter what the outcome, take it or leave it, you have all the power.

I would say that fastlane principles are helpful in all areas of life. Business, relationships, interactions with people, etc. It all stems from the same type of idea.

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
Some guy pulls up in a 20 year old Honda with a cacophonous exhaust with a beautiful girl sitting in the front
You really need to ask yourself the question... Whats wrong with her?
If she is good looking; she can pull any guy she wants. It could be a number of things. Bad childhood, no self-esteem, etc... Or he could just be Alpha as F*ck(bad boy/rebel).

Loud exhaust is a "call-out" to anyone who street races.
I had a bad exhaust leak on my first car, sounded like a friggin' honda lawn mower. A Camero pulled up next to me and tried to race..

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just gonna sit back and listen to the speculations and pontifications...

tCp90.gif

Sir Ingenious

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2012
Women are more attracted to men who take themselves seriously.

There's no magic tricks, no gimmicks, no nothing.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
You really need to ask yourself the question... Whats wrong with her?
If she is good looking; she can pull any guy she wants. It could be a number of things. Bad childhood, no self-esteem, etc... Or he could just be Alpha as F*ck(bad boy/rebel).

Loud exhaust is a "call-out" to anyone who street races.
I had a bad exhaust leak on my first car, sounded like a friggin' honda lawn mower. A Camero pulled up next to me and tried to race..

Really? So if a good looking girl is dating a guy that is not rich, great looking or rich something must be wrong with her?
What? She must have a bad childhood? No self esteem?
Huh? Alpha what? bad boy huh?

How about, maybe everything is right with her. Perhaps she judges people by their personality, intellectual ability, etc. Perhaps the guy is kind, honest, hard working, humble.

Seriously, a lot of you are going to be in for a world of hurt with such ideas.

With that said, a supercar will get more attention from men. Sure, some women will notice.
I won't advice it, but if you must buy a car to get attention from women. A luxury 4 door sedan will do. Audi A8, BMW 7, Benz S, Lexus LS, the Jaguar, those cars are always way more beautiful inside than all the exotic sports cars, because they are loaded with leather, wood grain and all sorts of luxury. Keep the car very clean inside and out and you are done. Should you buy a car to get girls? No. Never. But you are young, and in time you will figure it out for yourself.

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
How are all these fat, broke losers who have nothing going for them getting beautiful girls?

I see it ALL the time. Some guy pulls up in a 20 year old Honda with a cacophonous exhaust with a beautiful girl sitting in the front.
@Eastwind, this is the post that I'm replying to. If she takes the dude in a souped up Honda Civic seriously she is the one in a world of hurt.

The Alpha/Bad boy concept is someone who is the leader of their group. I mean he may be the best person in that group but the way he got there is by fighting everyone.

Look at trailer park culture. The girls that live in these parks could be some of the best looking girls in the state but with their broke mindset or daddy problems they end up pregnant with some guy who has felonies or acts like the kids don't exist.

I'm not talking out of my a$$ because I'm describing about half of my own family. I've seen this multiple times throughout my life. Doesn't matter where they go few actually make it finish high school without kids or even at all.

As for intellectual ability, if your driving around in a Civic with an exhaust that loud, you are an idiot and no one with a real car will take you seriously. Actually no one will take you seriously. As perspective employers ourselves would you hire someone who's car you could hear through the walls of the building? It's not a nice sound either, it sounds like a lawnmower on steroids.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
If I pull up in a bentley and ask for a girls number, I doubt she would say no

Actually she's much more likely to say NO. I've seen MANY guys trying to pickup girls like that and being blown off. Just because it's a bad approach - practically treating her like a hoe. She might even like you but say no just because it's not appropriate.

There are girls who will say YES, but you will really FILTER OUT most of the decent ones using that approach.

Not surprising at all, for the most part women (in my experience) don't know the difference between a Corvette and an F430. Now when it comes to shoes, different story.

+1. I'd take it even further and say for best results w/ gold diggers stick to Mercedes, BMW, Audi.

And why ask for number anyway - for those still eager to do "car game", once she got in, that's your date right there.

---

How about, maybe everything is right with her. Perhaps she judges people by their personality, intellectual ability, etc. Perhaps the guy is kind, honest, hard working, humble.

+1

GUYS - YOU ARE SELF IMPOSING LIMITATIONS ON YOURSELVES. STOP! EACH GIRL LIKES WHAT SHE LIKES. GO IN LIFE FOR WHAT YOU LIKE.

Money has NOTHING to do with getting girls. Especially getting them to love you.

I've picked up girls dressed as a garbage man.

I like to eat stuff with onion when going out on weekends. Not using chewing gums or anything to better my breath. Kissing girls always and they enjoy.

Whether or not I have a food stain on me will have zero effect to my decision to approach a girl. So....I've been clumsy while eating. Big deal?

If she is good looking; she can pull any guy she wants.

That's the thing, she doesn't want ANY guy, especially not the "easily pullable" one.

All those guys that the hot girl can have in a blink of an eye are super boring to her. They boost her ego on facebook, nice. They help her out at the workplace, nice. They drive her home, sweet. Fix her computer for free. Offer to help her with this and that.

And then the Honda guy appears. Maybe his Honda is falling apart, but his act is pulled together. He takes no BS, he's not a yes-man, he takes the lead, looks her straight in the eyes, makes her feel protected, doesn't "contemplate" about the "right moment" to put his hand on her thigh, but does so because he wants so. Doesn't feel like a "reject" is she says "no". She feels relaxed with him, they have mad fun, but also can have serious talk, because he's REAL, not behind a mask that so many put.

He knows to say NO. When she tried to find the boundaries with other guys, it seemed like there are none...whatever she does is somehow ok...not with this guy, when she gets out of line, he WILL let her know, and be very direct about it, and she will LOVE IT.

---

TL;DR - Supercars don't get girls, superguys do. Honda vehicles are durable:)

mentalic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Nov 26, 2012
Yes they do. But you have to do it with style. Park it somewhere near, and talk to her like some minutes later, she will probably remember you :) don't go around streets with your car and ask women for their number, women are not **res..
However, you have to support your supercar with your attitude and your general lifestyle...(that's the hard part)

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
Come on man don't waste your time with threads like this. Use your time to build a business that will allow you to buy a Bentley. Good Luck!

skylizard

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 22, 2011
Really? So if a good looking girl is dating a guy that is not rich, great looking or rich something must be wrong with her?
What? She must have a bad childhood? No self esteem?
Huh? Alpha what? bad boy huh?

Seriously, a lot of you are going to be in for a world of hurt with such ideas.

With that said, a supercar will get more attention from men. Sure, some women will notice.
I won't advice it, but if you must buy a car to get attention from women. A luxury 4 door sedan will do. Audi A8, BMW 7, Benz S, Lexus LS, the Jaguar, those cars are always way more beautiful inside than all the exotic sports cars, because they are loaded with leather, wood grain and all sorts of luxury. Keep the car very clean inside and out and you are done. Should you buy a car to get girls? No. Never. But you are young, and in time you will figure it out for yourself.

:thumbsup:

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
Man all the answers are wrong.

I did not mean DO SUPERCARS PICK UP GIRLS

I meant DOES HAVING HIGH STATUS THINGS LIKE A SUPER CAR RADDICALLY CHANGE YOUR RELATIONSHIP OR ALREADY GOOD GAME?

Or does being rich count for nothing? I'm talking about th Goodd girls. Not gold diggers. Good girls have needs too, they can love you for you and maybe still be super attracted to your money. Is it like that?

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Come on man don't waste your time with threads like this. Use your time to build a business that will allow you to buy a Bentley. Good Luck!

+1 Don't even waste your time speculating on this shit. It's the same type of question asking the forum: "What color should I get my Lambo once I can afford one?"

Spend time growing your Fastlane plan and then you will be able to answer your own question by yourself.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
LOL.

Do super cars get girls.

Lol.

Funny

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Do supercars get girls?

In my experience, they attract the wrong type of woman. I don't want a woman who wants me because of what I drive. I don't want a woman who *notices* me because of a car. So to answer your questions, supercars won't *get* you girls, but it will *get* you opportunities, much in the same way walking into a whorehouse does.

When I used to drive my Murci to the bars/clubs on the weekend and valeted, I noticed a remarkable difference in how I was perceived at the club... in other words, making eye contact, smiling, winking, and all other types of flirtation came from every direction. The sad thing is, these things wouldn't normally happen minus the grand entrance in a $320K car. In the club scene, pretty much everyone towers over me since I'm only 5'8/5'9. While I'm in good shape, I don't have a bodybuilder's physique with protruding muscles emanating from my tight t-shirt. I don't dress in fancy clothes.

In other words, I simply don't stand out in a crowd. Pulling up to a club/crowded restaurant in a supercar will get you attention, it will get you looks whereas otherwise you might have received none.

Is this the *right* attention?

Hell no, unless you like attracting gold diggers, superficial image whores, and whatever else can be bought with a stupid car. If you're out "looking for a good time" by all means, you'll love the attention. In fact, I'd go as far to say that the car is a deterrent to finding that "good girl" as it clouds your judgment to who is interested in you for what you ARE, not what you HAVE. Of course, I'm not saying that women can't be aficionados to fine automotive engineering-- I just don't want that to be the reason why we met, why we talked, and why we clicked-- unless I met her at an auto show where she was showcasing her very own Ferrari or Lambo.

Overall, while the attention was cool as I was younger, it got old as I got older. I stopped taking out the Lambo's on the weekend and used my regular car for transportation.

At gas stations, the primary attention came from the men.

While driving, the primary attention came from the men and an occasional group of teen girls.

The Murciealago Roadster by far, was the biggest attention whore of the bunch, followed by the Diablo. My Vipers attracted MEN only. In my experience, the ladies who are keen on cars gravitate toward the Mercedes brand ... perhaps it is understated strength and power. The Lambos? That might infer "I have issues, I need attention, and I have a small wee-wee" LOL.

So that said...

For everyone who has a dream to own a supercar, by all means, do it. Accomplish it. See what it's about, get it out of your system, and be done with it. Once the initial thrill wears off, you might feel different. Or maybe not.

Perhaps Kenric can chime in as well-- he always wanted to own a Ferrari, he went out and bought one and owned it for a year before parting with it. I'm sure he's happy that he did it and experienced the joy of ownership. Not sure he will do it again.

TopChef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
May 22, 2013
Near San Diego
My take is this.

The kind of car you drive is not that different than the kind of house you live in or the kind of cloths you wear. There is a tangible value to what you buy and there is an intangible benefit in how people see you for better or worse.

With things you buy, there is also a law of diminishing returns. Meaning that you can take a homeless guy in rags and give him a clean white T-shirt and jeans. His life will change dramatically as people will no longer see him as a bum. Buy him some khakis and some collard shirts and peoples perception of him will improve again. Buy him a suit and now people see him as a professional. Eventually you could buy him the most expensive cloths from Beverly Hills but nothing will have improved his life as much as the $20 T-shirt and jeans.

Buying a super car is no different. Going from a used shitbox to a nice 25k car will improve your life the most. Then every time you upgrade you will see less marginal gains. I'm not saying that there is no value in having a super car. But I think there is a difference in having a super car because you want one, and having a super car because you expect some other benefit from owning one.

qewrtyass

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Apr 30, 2013
i think lambo would be overkill. will scare most women. they assume not in your league.
even if some manage to date you, their much lower perceived value will take over them and eventually bring negative effects to relationship.
yet its the best to attract rare pure 9-10 HB.
expensive mid car probably do better picking up most kind of women than lambo.

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
In my experience, they attract the wrong type of woman. I don't want a woman who wants me because of what I drive. I don't want a woman who *notices* me because of a car. So to answer your questions, supercars won't *get* you girls, but it will *get* you opportunities, much in the same way walking into a whorehouse does.

When I used to drive my Murci to the bars/clubs on the weekend and valeted, I noticed a remarkable difference in how I was perceived at the club... in other words, making eye contact, smiling, winking, and all other types of flirtation came from every direction. The sad thing is, these things wouldn't normally happen minus the grand entrance in a $320K car. In the club scene, pretty much everyone towers over me since I'm only 5'8/5'9. While I'm in good shape, I don't have a bodybuilder's physique with protruding muscles emanating from my tight t-shirt. I don't dress in fancy clothes.

In other words, I simply don't stand out in a crowd. Pulling up to a club/crowded restaurant in a supercar will get you attention, it will get you looks whereas otherwise you might have received none.

Is this the *right* attention?

Hell no, unless you like attracting gold diggers, superficial image whores, and whatever else can be bought with a stupid car. If you're out "looking for a good time" by all means, you'll love the attention. In fact, I'd go as far to say that the car is a deterrent to finding that "good girl" as it clouds your judgment to who is interested in you for what you ARE, not what you HAVE. Of course, I'm not saying that women can't be aficionados to fine automotive engineering-- I just don't want that to be the reason why we met, why we talked, and why we clicked-- unless I met her at an auto show where she was showcasing her very own Ferrari or Lambo.

Overall, while the attention was cool as I was younger, it got old as I got older. I stopped taking out the Lambo's on the weekend and used my regular car for transportation.

At gas stations, the primary attention came from the men.

While driving, the primary attention came from the men and an occasional group of teen girls.

The Murciealago Roadster by far, was the biggest attention whore of the bunch, followed by the Diablo. My Vipers attracted MEN only. In my experience, the ladies who are keen on cars gravitate toward the Mercedes brand ... perhaps it is understated strength and power. The Lambos? That might infer "I have issues, I need attention, and I have a small wee-wee" LOL.

So that said...

For everyone who has a dream to own a supercar, by all means, do it. Accomplish it. See what it's about, get it out of your system, and be done with it. Once the initial thrill wears off, you might feel different. Or maybe not.

Perhaps Kenric can chime in as well-- he always wanted to own a Ferrari, he went out and bought one and owned it for a year before parting with it. I'm sure he's happy that he did it and experienced the joy of ownership. Not sure he will do it again.

I like attention so this sounds cool. Thanks for the great answer. I bet as I get older I will change too, but I'm 21 and I want it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.