The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ankerstein17

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Mar 22, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
Hey, guys, it's been a while since I last posted on this forum!

I hope everyone is doing well in their ventures.

I have a question and or concern that I could use some help with.

But before that, let me provide a little background to what I am doing and what industry because I think it's important to provide context here.

In January I started my own podcasting business that has been a lot of fun. On my podcast I interview real entrepreneurs who have built businesses, talking about their journey to success. I interview people who have started restaurants and built franchises, people who have done well in the financial industry building a book of business for themselves. I even got the opportunity to do a podcast with a 22-year-old who went to college at 13 and dropped out to build his lawn service company which now does over 6-figures a month. It has been a lot of fun and learned a lot with all the guests that have come onto the show.

I recently have been looking to expand my listener base. Who mostly comprise of individuals who are looking to start a business but don't know where to start and business owners themselves, as on the show we do talk about different strategies that could potentially help owners grow.

I have been doing e-mail marketing for some time now, informing subscribers when podcasts come live and other news etc. I have been slowly growing my e-mail list over the past couple of months, but moving forward I have challenged myself to try new things to help it grow. A larger email list would mean more consistent downloads on the podcast.

One method I am looking to accomplish this is by providing a lead magnet to people who come to the website. Over the past couple of days, I have spent some time building a lead magnet in the form of an e-book/ workbook. Yes, I know a lead magnet does not "drive traffic" but it can help capture the traffic that comes to your site.

In the workbook, I talk about the fundamentals of what a business is and the importance of planning. I don't care who are, your business needs a certain level of planning involved especially when first getting started. In college, I learned a tool called the business model canvas which allows you to plan out your business having an understanding of all the different components. In the workbook I break down the business model canvas, talking about each component, providing an example and then finally encouraging the reader to fill in his own.
I followed proper procedures when developing the e-book and referenced the company and the author who developed the plan in the beginning. I believe it's important to give credit when credit is due.

The workbook is basically done and should be completed within a week with some formatting and editing that needs to take place.

My question/ concern lies with the workbook. I am looking to understand more about, when is it needed to place a disclaimer in the book. Obviously, I am not guaranteeing success by any means or promising anything, but I do believe it's better to be safe than sorry.

When do you have to place a disclaimer in these e-books? Do you think I need one? If so, where can I get one created that would confine to my situation here.
Lastly, as I am looking to expand this podcast I want to be sure I am set up properly. I am curious if I should create a terms and conditions page on the website and a disclaimer for the website itself as well. I understand these do not help grow the business, but it is important to be proactive than reactive when it comes to legal matters.

I think I should be looking to hire someone for the terms and conditions pages, but I am not sure where. Does anyone know of a good place to get someone to help me write these pages? I'm looking for Freelancer currently and will be looking at work next.

Or do you think I do not need to worry about these web pages?
Let me know what you think!
I understand this is the "internet" but I believe it's important to be transparent and set yourself up to the right way!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sean Kaye

Hopium Dealer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Jun 14, 2017
Sydney, Australia
In your introduction, just say that... "This is not a guaranteed method of success. This is a framework, which if applied and followed through with, increases your chances of getting to the outcome you're looking for. But like all things in life, your mileage may vary and you can't illustrate the value of hard work."

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Lastly, as I am looking to expand this podcast I want to be sure I am set up properly. I am curious if I should create a terms and conditions page on the website and a disclaimer for the website itself as well. I understand these do not help grow the business, but it is important to be proactive than reactive when it comes to legal matters.

I think I should be looking to hire someone for the terms and conditions pages, but I am not sure where. Does anyone know of a good place to get someone to help me write these pages? I'm looking for Freelancer currently and will be looking at work next.

Or do you think I do not need to worry about these web pages?
Free Privacy Policy Generator - Template may be all you need. That's what I used. I think it cost me $15.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.