The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who do I need to find?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

tomasD

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 17, 2023
Hello everyone, looking for someone who has experience with sales process and could help me find the last missing piece of the puzzle.
Not to make this an essay I'll just lay down the important facts:

- I have spent 100% of my time these past 5 years creating an online service
- Prices range from 300$ (95%~ of customers) to 1.5k$/month - it is subscription based.
- 400~ customers today
- 7k$~ monthly expenses + 15k$~ on ads for new client acquisition
- My cut is 0$
- Somehow I managed to get swindled by the company that we had a verbal agreement to split 50/50, my product and they do the client onboarding, support and (stupidly of me) - the payments, we are now stuck in this situation, where I own everything and nothing at the same time, with promises of more investments for bigger growth.
- Obviously I started doing this myself, although looking after the whole tech side of things and dealing with customers is not easy, especially closing leads because English is not my first language.

The issue:
I no longer want to partner with someone, I need someone to close the leads and do the support part. I get 10-30 interested leads daily, but was able to sign up only 6 myself. Wasting time on meetings that lead nowhere because I am too sincere to be a good salesman (and obviously sketchy non-American).

Who do I actually need to hire? Is it a 'sales rep', a 'closer', an 'account manager' or freaking 'sales engineer'
And most importantly what are the industry standards in this field, are they strictly commission based, do I give them a cut every month after they close the deal, what %% is normal for English speakers, and where do you find these people?

Appreciate all the insights, I'll take all the information you guys can give about how these things work in the real world.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sounds like you need a legal plan and a lawyer, not a business strategy.

Rachinrabindra

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
May 13, 2024
You can work on percentage way.also deal it by yourself .and make agreement which will work for everyone. also find trustworthy party which is capable in your work idea. be care full because nowadays a lot of scammer all over the market place.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.