D
Deleted50669
Guest
As a psychology scholar the human experience in various contexts of life is something that continues to intrigue me. And the human experience within entrepreneurship is one of the richest domains of analysis I've seen.
MJ gifted us the consumer vs producer dichotomy. I'd like to offer another experiential dichotomy for your consideration; the role of designing the future vs. participating in the future. Building businesses is one of the few methods people have to influence what the world is going to look like at a later time than the present. Most people are powerless, meeting the future when it arrives and reacting. Entrepreneurs are the ones deciding what the future will hold for the rest of the world.
For me, this is one of the most exciting distinctions about identifying as an entrepreneur. As I sit in my lobby until 3:00 AM working on my SaaS night after night, I'm more excited about my potential impact on the world than I am the potential profits (though both are enough to keep me from sleeping). Reflecting on how my product will make others' lives easier and shift the narrative in my niche is a very empowering exercise. For others innovating a product or service, I encourage you to think about how your efforts will shape the future. You may find that it energizes your productivity and gives you even more justification to slog through the shitty parts of development. You're going to be a hero to someone.
- Cheers
MJ gifted us the consumer vs producer dichotomy. I'd like to offer another experiential dichotomy for your consideration; the role of designing the future vs. participating in the future. Building businesses is one of the few methods people have to influence what the world is going to look like at a later time than the present. Most people are powerless, meeting the future when it arrives and reacting. Entrepreneurs are the ones deciding what the future will hold for the rest of the world.
For me, this is one of the most exciting distinctions about identifying as an entrepreneur. As I sit in my lobby until 3:00 AM working on my SaaS night after night, I'm more excited about my potential impact on the world than I am the potential profits (though both are enough to keep me from sleeping). Reflecting on how my product will make others' lives easier and shift the narrative in my niche is a very empowering exercise. For others innovating a product or service, I encourage you to think about how your efforts will shape the future. You may find that it energizes your productivity and gives you even more justification to slog through the shitty parts of development. You're going to be a hero to someone.
- Cheers
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
