The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Designing the Future

Anything related to matters of the mind
D

Deleted50669

As a psychology scholar the human experience in various contexts of life is something that continues to intrigue me. And the human experience within entrepreneurship is one of the richest domains of analysis I've seen.

MJ gifted us the consumer vs producer dichotomy. I'd like to offer another experiential dichotomy for your consideration; the role of designing the future vs. participating in the future. Building businesses is one of the few methods people have to influence what the world is going to look like at a later time than the present. Most people are powerless, meeting the future when it arrives and reacting. Entrepreneurs are the ones deciding what the future will hold for the rest of the world.

For me, this is one of the most exciting distinctions about identifying as an entrepreneur. As I sit in my lobby until 3:00 AM working on my SaaS night after night, I'm more excited about my potential impact on the world than I am the potential profits (though both are enough to keep me from sleeping). Reflecting on how my product will make others' lives easier and shift the narrative in my niche is a very empowering exercise. For others innovating a product or service, I encourage you to think about how your efforts will shape the future. You may find that it energizes your productivity and gives you even more justification to slog through the shitty parts of development. You're going to be a hero to someone.

- Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.