• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Dad of 3 kids

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Gutski, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Gutski

Gutski 我很快乐! Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $86
    Hi fellas,
    I‘m a hard working Swiss dad trying to reorientate. I have a so called good job as head of controlling services but lately realized that I am trapped in the rat race. If I don’t change I will never be rich and never able to persue my passion. I wanna change „lane“ but I am a bit anxious. Having the responsibility for three kids is not easy and expensive. In addition I had a collapse because of overwork.
    Well, despite all these hurdles I am very confident to be able to make it. Are you or were you struggling with similar obstacles? I‘m happy to hear from you and open for your advice.
    See you around!

2. Dunkafelics

Dunkafelics Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,912
    Welcome @Gutski

You will find that there are quite a few dads here who are all working on Fastlane ventures.

It has its challenges, but I am sure if we were to survey any person on this forum they would also run into challenges, no matter the stage of life that they are in.

The first question that I would pose to you is:

What made you feel that you were overworked? What pushed you to that point that you fainted as a result?

My challenge to you right now is to figure out HOW you can start finding ways to help others with your current skill set?

Gutski and Arun Siva like this.
  3. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $21,171
    Got a 3 week old newborn myself... I had originally hoped it would be twins, so we could be done with reproduction. Now I see how insane that was. Can't imagine having 3. Seems that having the kids outnumber the adults might be a bad idea :D

Can you lean on family or friends for help? Is your spouse supportive? Could you perhaps hire some part time help to free you up to make more money?

Bearcorp, Gutski and Dunkafelics like this.
  4. Arun Siva

Arun Siva aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $11,592
    as a father of many i can relate. the fastlane is the ONLY way to ensure your offspring a step in this ever so changing and crazy world. good luck to you

5. MTEE1985

MTEE1985 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,550
    Welcome @Gutski! I have a 3 1/2 year old and a 9 month old. Sleepless nights and fatigue are the real deal, but they are such a strong WHY. Best of luck to you in your journey.

Andy Black, Dunkafelics and Gutski like this.
  6. Gutski

Rep Bank:
    $86
    Hi @Dunkafelics,

Thank you very much for your questions. Although they are not easy to answer ;-).

Well, to the first question. I actually don't feel overworked. Mentally I feel safe and sound. I have a lot of ambitions, tons of ideas and drive. Unfortunately, my body thought it would be wise to shut the system down ;-). I worked a lot, slept very little for months. I've never really had the time to recover, always pushed the exalerator to the limit. Because of my workload I stopped working out and got in a disbalance. I re-started bad eating habits and put on 20 pounds the last 6 months. Well, well, well, I know. Bad decisions.

To your challenge: this may take some more time spent on the forum. I've never started an own business before and don't have much to contribute like entrepreneurial expertise and experience.
    My skill set?
    Profession: insurance clerk for 7 years, built a ISO certified management system for a construction company and now the last 5 years I am a financial controller, teamleader since 2.5 years.
    Education: BSc Business Administration (international Mmgt and Controlling)
    Passion: Foreign languages are my passion. I speak several languages. German is my mother tongue. I speak English and French quite well; intermediate level in Spanish, Chinese and beginner in a lot of other languages like Italian, Polish....​
    I feel like your question is very important and a key to my success. Let me think about it. Thank you very much for your contribution :)!

Dunkafelics likes this.
  7. Gutski

Rep Bank:
    $86
    Hi @lowtek,
    First of all congratulation to your offspring :)! That's great!
    haha... good boy....twins... I can't imagine anything tougher than twins. But I get your point ;-).
    Well, my wife is very supportive and hard working at home. At the moment I'm still employed and haven't started an own business yet. I think I first have to stop working from 8 to 12 pm for my employer and spend this time for my own business. This will already help.

lowtek likes this.
  8. Gutski

Rep Bank:
    $86
    Hi @MTEE1985,
    You're so right! Thank you!

9. MTEE1985

MTEE1985 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,550
    Very difficult to remember with kids that you the better you take care of yourself, the better you can take care of them. If nothing else, drink a gallon of water a day, it will work wonders.

As far as forum contribution you will find plenty where you can contribute based on your skill set.

Lastly, the most important advice I’ve received in the entrepreneurial journey is: get started. Everybody here has failed, usually several times and those are the greatest learning moments.

BelovedLittleOne and Gutski like this.
  10. RoadTrip

RoadTrip Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,166
    It's a tough position you're in with 3 kids. I also had a collapse earlier this year due to a combination of a fulltime job, 2 young kids and 4 year fastlane grind which still didn't bring the results I was hoping for. I'm still recovering and taking it easy, since it's a very slippery road to recovery I noticed...

My wife is supportive for my fastlane ventures which makes dividing tasks easier. However, once I'm fully functioning again I'm not going down the same path again. Which means working on my fastlane business every minute I could find during the day. I used to feed the baby and work. Or play with my older son while my mind would be in my fastlane venture. Meditation helps with that by the way, keeping you in the present!

I will make a clear distinction between when I'm working and when I'm taking care of my family. I still have no idea of how to accomplish that. Perhaps I will wake up at 5 am, or maybe find some space where I can work in private which is nearly impossible in our apartment due to the constant noise from the children.

I'm not sure if this is helpful to you. But since you already had a collapse before it's probably wise to take my experience into account.

Fotis, Andy Black and Gutski like this.
  11. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $160,953
    Congrats!

Feels like a steam train hit you right?

We’ve four boys. The youngest is 6 now. One day you’ll get a full night’s sleep again. Haha.

Don’t underestimate the impact having a kid has on your health and lifestyle.

Time is more precious. That’s a good thing imo.

12. Dunkafelics

Dunkafelics Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,912
    Great response - you don't feel overworked, but you let yourself get to a point that you weren't taking care of yourself physically and mentally and it all came crashing down. That is a tough point to hit, but my guess is that you are building up again and have the experience and recognition to not go down that same path again.

With regards to your passion - The passion aspect of things sounds a little dangerous as there is a lot of information out there on learning languages and even hacking it quickly. By no means am I not telling you to pursue it, but start small if you decide to do so.

With regards to your skills - This seems like where you will be able to pull some excellent ideas for a business venture. You've got a background in management and controlling and have been a team leader for over two years. You built an ISO system for a construction company as well! It sounds like to me that you have a great base to start from and need to start looking at areas that could be improved, needs to be addressed and how you can fit into that puzzle.

Whatever you do, don't sell yourself short on those skills as they do seem extremely valuable.

Gutski likes this.
  13. BelovedLittleOne

BelovedLittleOne Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $229
    I could not agree more!
    Kids are incredibly sensitive and smart! Taking care of yourself is a MUST in order to take care of them.
    "Happy Mommy, happy Baby, happy Baby, happy Mommy." And that saying also accounts for Dads! ;)

Keep up the good spirit. Set your priorities. Live every day according to your priorities and the person you want to be.
    All the best!

RoadTrip, Andy Black and Gutski like this.
  14. Gutski

Rep Bank:
    $86
    Hi @BelovedLittleOne

Wow you hit it. Was that a quote of Stephan Covey‘s 7 principles of highly effective people?

I‘ve read your posts and I really appreciate your writing style.. very entertaining, easy to read.. I look forward to reading more from you and your journey.

BelovedLittleOne likes this.
  15. BelovedLittleOne

BelovedLittleOne Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $229
    Uh, likeminded people! What a great forum!

I guess it was - started reading the book. Decided after the introduction that reading it would be an utter waste of time. So I started to work through the book instead (2014). Unfortunately I stopped midway step 5... not sure why… and never finished it... not sure why either. Might be that "listening" is harder than it seems to be. But apparently I must have applied some of his thoughts.

Recommended read: Stepen Covey: 7 habits of highly effective people

16. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $160,953
    Someone wiser than me once told me “f*ck why. It only holds you back.”

HTH!