• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Thanks Dad!

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Davejemmolly, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Davejemmolly

Davejemmolly Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,101
    In my quest for fastlane success, I'd like to thank my Dad for showing me (and Marco for reiterating) that the slow lane isn't the only lane

He was the ultimate get rich quick guy when I was a kid in the 80's, you name it, he tried it!

He ultimately had a number of businesses, from a caravan park, video store and finally a real estate agency, and that's not counting the number of other things he had on the side.

So i guess I get my entrepreneurial zeal from there, but that said, I also got an awful lot of the 'study hard, get a good job' dogma as well. As a parent myself now, its hard to try to find the balance between reasonable life advice and the 'sky is the limit' (my boy wants to play professional Football / Soccer).

Long story short, he's the reason (in a good way) that I've always wondered if there isn't a better way to live, rather than trading time for money.

In a delightfully abbreviated back story, up til this point, I'm a relatively successful slow laner! I've got a good job, that pays pretty well really, and I've tried to make it work for me as much as I could, I contract back to my employer, so I can income split with the wife, and make sure I get paid first, and the government last, but I'm still just selling time for money.

Whilst I've had a lot of FTM's over the years, my FTE really stems from a realisation that my industry, that I've committed a solid 15 years to, is dying, and quickly! With the ever increasing use of big data and algorithms, my previous secure white collar job is looking rather less secure.

So anyway, 18 months ago I've had the big idea... my wife likes to call it 'my least shit idea' (which is definitely the title of my book I'll write one day!)

18 months of living in the valley of dispair, at the bottom of the J curve, my little idea is starting to come out of the ground... many many hours of thought, many false starts, and many wasted 'action faking' hours as finally starting to come to fruition...

As Marco has said repeatedly, ideas don't mean anything, its execution that counts.. but that said, after 18 months work, I can't quite bring myself to give you the details just yet.. so consider me still in stealth mode!

This is my big forum introduction, hopefully as I launch in the next couple of months, I'll be able to share my journey in more details, but in the mean time, a community of like minded thinkers has helped to keep the fire alive... so thanks!

Dave!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    bilkar1985, jon.a, Tommo and 5 others like this.
  2. George Appiah

George Appiah Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,543
    I earnestly hope your title was just a click bait, and that you don't harbour any negative energy towards your dad. Ultimately, we, and only we, are responsible for our own outcomes -- irrespective of our upbringing or present circumstances.

Anyway, welcome to the forums... and good luck with your new venture!

Ayanle Farah likes this.
  3. Ayanle Farah

Ayanle Farah Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,271
    It doesn't matter what others do.

You're responsible for your own life and your choices.

Get out of the victim mentality.

bilkar1985, Fastlane Liam and GMSI7D like this.
  4. GMSI7D

GMSI7D Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,738
    i don't believe people here are really like minded

most users never post anything . they are just lurking once in a while

they will never become milionaires, like most entrepreneurs, according to statistics.

i won't either.

in any audience, there is always a minority of real like minded people

other people are there because they saw guys in the room while wandering around and they want to know what is going on .

5. Andreas Thiel

Andreas Thiel Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $535
    WTF ... I only see praise in the text and solid reasoning. Where is the victim mentality?

Hi Dave, I am looking forward to reading more!

Davejemmolly likes this.
  6. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,611
    Admin Post
    Welcome Dave, appreciate the intro.

A complicated relationship is better than no Dad!

Kingmaker likes this.
  7. Davejemmolly

Davejemmolly Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,101
    Update - after response from my opening post, I've re-edited it to avoid confusion (including title and opening paragraphs).

Was meant to be a tongue in cheek thanks to my dad for my pervading entrepreneurial mindset, but came across as being 'poor me' (the opposite to what I intended!)

Turns out my particular brand of humour isn't quite as clear cut as I'd thought.

Thanks for the feedback!

Dave

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    Andreas Thiel and Tommo like this.
  8. Bryan James

Bryan James Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,005
    Lol I thought this was yet another post from someone talking about their father. Anyway, welcome @Davejemmolly

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.