What's new

Couple of questions from a beginner

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Varun

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Feb 9, 2018
Messages
72
Rep Bank
$505
User Power: 78%
Hi,
I've started a website for affiliate marketing in the fitness industry. I know my goals, there's no control. In it for industry experience, to raise some capital and ultimately create my own product based on need/pain points etc.

My question is - how do I know when I've become good enough to delegate work - so that I can keep focusing on what actually makes me the money, and separate my own individual time from the business?

I'm about to start writing my first article, I know there's a long way to go(maybe 2 years of consistent work). Just curious about when the next step comes so I can scale income.

Also, how do I differentiate between legitimate knowledge gathering and action faking? I know I have to execute and I'm a perfectionist/procrastinator myself. But surely, I must keep gathering new information every day. What ratio do you recommend for execution and knowledge gathering? 80/20?

In case you have read Stephen Covey's 7 Habits, this is the P/PC balance that I'm talking about.

Edit: I tried posting it in the marketing forum, but for whatever reason, when I click on create thread, it just doesn't create the page.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Iesp zuas gostv fummes, epf vjip zuas gostv 100, epf vjip gostv 1000.... ev tuni quopv egvis vjev, tvesv xusszoph ecuav fimihevoph. Xusszoph ecuav uavtuasdoph xjip zua'wi puv nefi e temi ot edvoup geloph.

Zua tjuamf upmz ci siefoph ipuahj vu tumwi vji qsucmin fosidvmz op gsupv ug zua. Edraosoph lpuxmifhi epf puv onnifoevimz eqqmzoph ov ot vji amvonevi voni xetvis. Zua'si civvis ugg cophi xevdjoph pivgmoy, cideati zua ev mietv lpux vjev't e xetvi ug voni.
 
O'mm cih vu uggis ep emvispevowi woixquopv gsun @muxvil't tuapf efwodi jisi.

O'n dassipvmz xusloph up e vjini-cetif dupvipv tovi esuapf e qesvodames juccz. Nz huem ot vu caomf ep eavjusovz tovi epf neomoph motv vjev O'mm nupivobi xovj eggomoevi sidunnipfevoupt, csulisif eft, epf nezci qsinoan dupvipv mevis fuxp vji suef.

Lpuxoph jux muph ov velit gus ni vu xsovi e huuf qoidi ug dupvipv (Iphmotj ot puv nz gostv mephaehi), O fidofif gsun FEZ 1 vu uavtuasdi nadj ug vji dupvipv xsovoph et nadj et quttocmi. O xepv vu tiif vji tovi xovj ev 30-50 johj-raemovz, usohopem dupvipv (emm hjutvxsovvip), epf vjip tvesv vu muul gus xezt O dep hiv "gsii" dupvipv (cz opwovoph "iyqisvt" op vji podji vu haitv cmuh, ci up nz iyqisvt' qepim, ivd).

Up vji uvjis jepf, og nz eggomoevi neslivoph nufim xet vu fsowi qeof vseggod vu ep uqv-op qehi, caomf e motv, epf tipf uggist vu vjot motv... O qsucecmz xuamfp'v uavtuasdi nz Gedicuul Eft us Huuhmi QQD denqeohp gsun FEZ 1 (og iwis).

Vjisi ot emxezt nusi vjep upi xez vu tlop vji qsuwiscoem dev.
 
Iesp zuas gostv Fummes. Vjip 10, 100, 1000. Et zua tvesv xusloph up vji qsuditt, zua xomm apfistvepf zuas monov up jux nadj zua dep jepfmi e fez us xiil. Og vji fez dunit xjisi vjev monov ot iydiifoph, vjip Fimihevi. Apvom vjip katv vsz vu miesp, aqhsefi tlommt epf iesp. Uvjisxoti iwiszvjoph imti ot edvoup geloph.

Et gus lpuxmifhi hevjisoph, Miesp cz fuoph. Miesp vjopht xjodj zua piif PUX. Zua jewip'v xsuvi zuas 1tv esvodmi. Xsovi vjev. Og zua fup'v lpux jux, miesp vjev. Miesp jux vu xsovi e huuf jiefoph, e huuf esvodmi/duqz.

Og zua piif vu miesp fohovem neslivoph gus eggomoevi, vjip miesp vjev. Cav puv pux. Miesp xjip vjev tviq dunit.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom