The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Compilation of Peter2 Advice - Must Read

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
In order for you to be successful, you have to change your thinking. The time will never be right for anything in life, but if you wait for all the lights to turn green before you are heading to town, you will be staying home the rest of your life.

That's just the quote that I needed to read today. It sounds like this guy was a great guy with some great advice. I wish I could have met him.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Last edited by a moderator:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Just logged in to thank you for this post. Life is short. Peter2 was the kind of guy I would have loved to hang out with. May he have found peace in death, and may all the rest of us accelerate the plans we have for this short ride on the merry go round of life. Life is too short to spend it spinning your wheels. Thanks for a great thread. I will be reading and referring back to Peter's advice now on several topics he covered. Awesome. This guy and his words deserve to be memorialized.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Wow.... I have only been a member here for a few days, but wish I had known about this forum years ago when it was started.

It's gonna take me a few weeks or months to catch up on all the golden nuggets of info here - but in the meantime, thank you very much for taking the time to collect and share all this wisdom from a late member of the forum.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Just recently read thru this thread. Unbelievable nuggets here. I know this is a sticky and I can't believe I hadn't seen it until now. Speed+ to snowbank for compiling Peter's wisdom here.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
That's a guy I would of liked to have met.

He was a great "no BS" kinda guy. I originally came to know him because he spent a lot of time at the Lambo forums as we shared the same make/model Lambo. While he was best known for interjecting ridiculous cat pictures in the midst of spirited debates, his advice was truly what shined ... oh the memories. Rest in peace brother.

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
Bump for 2013 and almost the end of Q1 2013!

Thank you. I hadn't seen this before. Very awesome thread!

Snowbank, thank you for compiling this.

RIP Peter2, may you continue to live in people's memories for eternity, whether people knew you or not.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
@Chris, is this (still) accurate? I have often wondered about GoDaddy doing that themselves. Lately, many random domain names are at auction through GoDaddy.

"Do NOT search for a domain name until you are ready to buy it, especially on GoDaddy. There are many ways for people to intercept your search and register the name before you can do it. It happened to MJ, and it happens every day to many people.""

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It happened to MJ, and it happens every day to many people.

Actually this happened to me at Register.com several years ago -- GoDaddy seems to be a safer venue for searching, at least in my experience recently. (Can't speak for how it was years ago.)

vtlambo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Mar 10, 2012
Actually this happened to me at Register.com several years ago -- GoDaddy seems to be a safer venue for searching, at least in my experience recently. (Can't speak for how it was years ago.)

Same here. I didn't know ran a couple searches. Back in '09, waited about 2 days for things to finalize and godaddy.com already sealed it. They wanted $375 just for the domain. I ended up buying it but something to note for next time.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
@Chris, is this (still) accurate? I have often wondered about GoDaddy doing that themselves. Lately, many random domain names are at auction through GoDaddy.

"Do NOT search for a domain name until you are ready to buy it, especially on GoDaddy. There are many ways for people to intercept your search and register the name before you can do it. It happened to MJ, and it happens every day to many people.""

ICANN had major policy changes a few years ago to solve some issues about this. Registrars could no longer "sample" domains where they pick them up during a search as i understood it, before the change registrars could do something like grab the domains, but return them within 15 mins or some specified time, sometimes they would run it against their own search numbers and if it was searched for they would keep it regardless if you had bought it or not. The policy changed closed that loop.

So do some still do it? maybe but i never search through the registrars anyway, i just do a whois.sc/domainname.com search and that will tell you if it is registered or not.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Davie. Welcome. Take off your coat and stay a while. You will find a lot of threads in the archives with value. This one that you found though is one of the best.

Introduce yourself.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/introductions-networking/

Welcome to the forum. Have you read the Millionaire Fast Lane?

davieb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 28, 2013
Thanks Vigilante. Ive recently read the book and loved every page of it. Hoping I can learn off you all here and enter the fast lane myself. Thanks for the welcome ;-)

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Bump. I kept referring to this thread when reading some recent ones.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
"Do NOT search for a domain name until you are ready to buy it, especially on GoDaddy. There are many ways for people to intercept your search and register the name before you can do it. It happened to MJ, and it happens every day to many people."

I was actually thinking about buying a domain name and this was a concern, now I know it's real.

All you have to do is pay these folks up front and they will fill out some paperwork for you to apply for these “grants.â€

That's awesome. Has anyone here used a government grant to completely or supplement the financing of your company?

"Of course you need to start making $25K/month very quickly, but it shoudn't take more than a couple of months to get to that point."

If only I knew what you knew about this. How? Haha

In order for you to be successful, you have to change your thinking. The time will never be right for anything in life, but if you wait for all the lights to turn green before you are heading to town, you will be staying home the rest of your life.
I've been waiting too much but I *feel* the push...I've been feeling it.

Successful affiliate marketers can make an OK income, but they will not come close to the income of the company they are selling information or products for."

Agreed, I was thinking about this AGAIN last night.

I'm pretty sure I know why you are setting your goals so far out in the future. You are terrified of failing. You are 28 years old with no dependents and pretty much no assets. You have NOTHING to lose. Change your thinking, and start taking action TODAY. There is no such thing as failure, just results that you did not intend to get. If you fall, you can get up again. There is no such thing as three strikes and you are out in life. You can try, try and try UNTIL you succeed.
Get in the FASTLANE. !!!!"

That's me right there, except that I'm 20 y/o.

*BUMP*

Thank you Peter, rest in peace. Tonight I will be thinking about your posts, time for me to log off and think...

Chadi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 19, 2014
I was searching through the forum for Peter2 and this thread came up so I have to bump it in case other noobs like me didn't see it.

RIP Peter2 and much respect for the OP for compiling these nuggets for us.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.