The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Click fraud: don't let your ad dollars go to waste

Marketing, social media, advertising

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
We've been running click fraud prevention for our Google Ads for over a year now, so I thought I would share our results:

01.jpg
It's pretty clear the investment is well worth it if you are spending a significant amount in advertising. For the $700 we've paid in software fees so far, we've potentially saved $43,000 in fraudulent clicks (bots, people clicking ads multiple times, VPNs, etc.).

Every solution out there is different, but I recommend everyone consider implementing a similar strategy - it won't catch everything, but it's a good start.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
My classmate wanted to start a business and was asking how I find clients. I taught him how to run google ads and showed him the ads that I was running.

HE STARTED A BUSINESS!!!:smile:

The business was him threatening to click my ad if I don’t pay him money.

Does this pass cents commandments?

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
My classmate wanted to start a business and was asking how I find clients. I taught him how to run google ads and showed him the ads that I was running.

HE STARTED A BUSINESS!!!:smile:

The business was him threatening to click my ad if I don’t pay him money.

Does this pass cents commandments?
Sounds like a terrorizing black mail biz idea.

I’m imagining him just getting people to click on his “fake” ad, install a virus and black mail them:rofl:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
We've been running click fraud prevention for our Google Ads for over a year now, so I thought I would share our results:

View attachment 51654
It's pretty clear the investment is well worth it if you are spending a significant amount in advertising. For the $700 we've paid in software fees so far, we've effectively saved $43,000 in fraudulent clicks (bots, people clicking ads multiple times, VPNs, etc.).

Every solution out there is different, but I recommend everyone consider implementing a similar strategy - it won't catch everything, but it's a good start.

I'd love to learn more

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

View attachment 51654
It's pretty clear the investment is well worth it if you are spending a significant amount in advertising. For the $700 we've paid in software fees so far, we've effectively saved $43,000 in fraudulent clicks (bots, people clicking ads multiple times, VPNs, etc.).

I previously tried Clickcease for Google ads. They reported all these savings for me. All I had to do was turn in their report to get my money back.

I was expecting to save hundreds per client. Click fraud is definitely a problem.

I ran it on 25 client accounts, for 3 months. Ultimately, we saved our clients $35 combined. For a software that I was spending $99 a month on. Apparently Google's built in "invalid clicks" screening caught the rest.

If you have a better software solution, I'm all ears.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Google catches and refunds a lot of fraudulent clicks.

I was running the locksmith campaigns for a forum member. He needed a $5k/day daily budget as competitors had bots clicking his ads and wasting $3k each morning trying to use up his budget so his ads didn't show.

I had an anxious moment checking his account the first time till he told me it was rife in the industry and Google would refund him the next day. Thankfully they did, and this was just par for the course.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Google catches and refunds a lot of fraudulent clicks.

I was running the locksmith campaigns for a forum member. He needed a $5k/day daily budget as competitors had bots clicking his ads and wasting $3k each morning trying to use up his budget so his ads didn't show.

I had an anxious moment checking his account the first time till he told me it was rife in the industry and Google would refund him the next day. Thankfully they did, and this was just par for the course.

I still hate it because 60% of your budget is used up on waste every day. Even if you get it back the next day, it gets used up again.

Some industries are worse than others, and locksmiths are particularly terrible. But still...

savefox

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 15, 2022
They only say they "saved" you all the money. They can't prevent the first click, so google did charge you for it. The "savings" are the hypothetical clicks made from the same ip address after the first click. Literally nothing changed after I turned their stuff off, even though I was "saving" thousands of dollars a month

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.