The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ChatGPT AI is a huge breakthrough, a Google killer

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
ChatGPT's competitor BARD incorporated image search. Safe to say thus far, it is a complete fail. Not sure how they release this stuff when it is THAT BAD.

Instead of my request, I got Jesus smoking a Marlboro, LOL.

I'm sure it will get better, but why announce such a dismal system?

1685647428803.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mnsh

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
May 1, 2023
Yep, using copilot (it's AI code completion) since it was released, now it writes about 40% of my code.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Didn't have much time to play with web browsing in ChatGPT, but my first impressions were not great.

Asked it what the current Spring-Boot version is, and after a search it was unaware of 3.1.0. When I asked about the 2.x-branch it said 2.7.0 ... but there was a 2.7.11 at the time.

When I asked it how I can train LoRA models, it did not search the web and instead talked about some completely uninteresting lora thing. When I told it to look for LoRA in the context of Stable Diffusion, it told me how to use a model, not train one. Still a long way until they can remove the "handle with care" label.

When I asked again, it at least dug up relevant reddit threads. It could not summarize the content, but that might be because the information that is currently out there is mostly released as YouTube videos. That might be an issue for other cutting edge topics as well.

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 15, 2020
United States
This is inevitable, but I don't see it as totally doom and gloom. You have to pivot and maybe shift focus.

Article with kneejerk title:

ChatGPT took their jobs. Now they walk dogs and fix air conditioners.​

Technology used to automate dirty and repetitive jobs. Now, artificial intelligence chatbots are coming after high-paid ones.​

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Not sure when it happened but ChatGPT has been definitely dumbed down recently.

I used it relatively often some time ago. These days, whatever I ask it, it comes with terrible answers, makes ridiculous mistakes, or doesn't even correctly respond to my prompt.

I assume they lobotomized it for safety/wokeness/regulators. Either way, it's definitely no Google killer so far as I have close to zero trust in what it says now.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

I used it relatively often some time ago. These days, whatever I ask it, it comes with terrible answers, makes ridiculous mistakes, or doesn't even correctly respond to my prompt.

I assume they lobotomized it for safety/wokeness/regulators. Either way, it's definitely no Google killer so far as I have close to zero trust in what it says now.
I don't use ChatGPT much, but do use GitHub Copilot for programming, which is essentially based on the same tech from OpenAI. Quality definitely has gone down, to the point of it getting in the way with bad auto-complete recommendations that are hard to cancel. The "hallucinations" of the current LLMs get much more apparent when it recommends to use class methods that don't exist.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany

Interesting. I personally can't remember a time when it produced reliable responses, but maybe there are areas where it it did.

Another explanation, besides wokeness, might be compression. They might compress their large models and see what they can get away with. If they can use less powerful GPUs for inference (as opposed to training), they could increase their margin significantly.

I don't use ChatGPT much, but do use GitHub Copilot for programming, which is essentially based on the same tech from OpenAI. Quality definitely has gone down, to the point of it getting in the way with bad auto-complete recommendations that are hard to cancel. The "hallucinations" of the current LLMs get much more apparent when it recommends to use class methods that don't exist.
A colleague came across an article which said that, in experiments, things with code completion got worse as the models got "better". They learned how to pick up on coding issues that the programmer made and ran with them in the generated code. That sounds like an alignment issue, but this suggests that there might also be explanations other than them dumbing things down / going backwards.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
A colleague came across an article which said that, in experiments, things with code completion got worse as the models got "better". They learned how to pick up on coding issues that the programmer made and ran with them in the generated code.
So basically Copilot is trying to come down to my bad level, makes sense :rofl:

I think part of the issue is that it doesn't fully analyse the local codebase yet. Recommendations for generic stuff, algorithms or "how to do X in Y framework" work fine.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
FYI - I've been getting better results with Claude.ai on some of my queries. Might be a good tool to add to your arsenal.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey
Anyone noticed that GPT-4 has gotten dumber? The speed has improved, but I had to correct it's math when I was trying to calculate some sales tax today.

GoingToSleep

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 3, 2023
Anyone noticed that GPT-4 has gotten dumber? The speed has improved, but I had to correct it's math when I was trying to calculate some sales tax today.
Might be because there was a special condition that it was unaware off or your taxing has just become more complicated.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
FYI - I've been getting better results with Claude.ai on some of my queries. Might be a good tool to add to your arsenal.
Just signed up to check it out. Thanks MJ.

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey
Might be because there was a special condition that it was unaware off or your taxing has just become more complicated.
I did consider that, but it was a basic algebra problem. Sometimes it does go off the rails when I don't ask it math questions, so these days I treat it like a 14 year old with ADHD.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Subscribers now have access to custom instructions. Haven't tested yet but it should expand capabilities.

1690323796431.png

Accessed through your settings. (Enable)

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Article

OpenAI probably got warnings from the gov to deliberately dumb down Chatgpt because of how fast AI is progressing. It'll cause social upheavals at the previous rate it was going and that would be bad for governments. If they were allowed to progress at the rate they were previously, we would have ChatGPT 5.0 by now.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Subscribers now have access to custom instructions. Haven't tested yet but it should expand capabilities.
One step closer to being a truly amazing personal assistant.

Can't wait until I can have AI scan my entire company email history and know everything it needs to know.

Technically possible to do so now, but I'm holding out for a really slick streamlined solution in the near future before getting myself too deep in the technical weeds.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
My experience with ChaptGPT.
I have a mfg business and we allow our dealers to sell the products on Amazon. We noticed some of our products had been hijacked by sellers and had somehow changed the brand to their own name. Even though we have trademarks, etc that we presented to Amazon, we literally got nowhere with AMZ. MONTHS went by with back and forth emails. to no avail. We even enlisted someone on fiverr that finally got half the products back to our name brand but we still didn't have CONTROL of the listing, in other words we couldn't change descriptions, etc.

We continued to plead with AMZ and they basically continued to write back stating that we were not regarded as the owner of the brand. Very frustrating as months had gone by and we couldn't get anywhere. We had submitted every legal document and still was unable to gain control of our listings and have our products under our own name. If anyone has dealt with this, then they know, that it takes 24-48 hours just to get a RESPONSE from AMZ regarding this issue, and then one usually gets a standardized response, with more hoops to jump through.

I finally decided to copy and paste the response from AMZ and inputted the prompt to ask ChaptGPT for a response to the email. Within seconds I had the response from AI. I copied and pasted the response back and emailed it back to AMZ.

Within 2 HOURS, we had received an email back from AMZ and recovered our CONTROL over ALL of our listings!

Conclusion: These emails are sent out to us from a bot. AMZ is using bots to respond to emails much of the time as they have too many emails to answer individually. So, what better way to answer a bot, than a bot answer??

Key takeaway for anyone desiring to make a few bucks on Fiverr. Advertise that they can reinstate hijacking brands or don't get paid. This is a no brainer. People are charging hundreds of $$ for this service and it only takes a few minutes with AI.

Hope this helps someone that is looking for a start....

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Conclusion: These emails are sent out to us from a bot. AMZ is using bots to respond to emails much of the time as they have too many emails to answer individually. So, what better way to answer a bot, than a bot answer??
Sounds logical to me! Great idea

What a racket. Sorry to hear about the Amazon pain, what a nightmare (as Amazon can sometimes be).

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
ChatGPT use declines for the first time.

Sort of reflects my own usage of it, as it seems to have become dumber, and more inaccurate.

1691950464813.png

1691950451381.png

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Been spending some time on ChatGPT, holy shit this thing is insane, a total Google killer.

It in effect, is like the Star Trek "computer" for those of you familiar with Star Trek.

This thing already likely saved me 3 hours of my time in a matter of 10 seconds.

I haven't been this impressed with a new technology in 15 years, the last time being the Apple iPhone replacing a flip-phone.

It can spit out computer code for you in seconds, stuff that would take 10 different Google searches amount 100 different results filled with SEO manipulated filler and garbage.

If you're a writer, this thing will help you describe scenes in foreign countries, write dialogue in different types of personalities, and conquer blocks in a matter of seconds.

The utility in this application is beyond belief.

The old way: 1) Search Google, 2) Sift through mountains of "SEO'd" pages filled with filler 3) Spend 20 minutes finding the right passage on the right page.

Time: 15m

The new way: 1) Ask ChatGPT

Time: 15s

Here is what ChatGPT responded with how to make money.

I couldn't have answered better myself.
I use CHATGPT as a SMM it helps so much in my writing, We also use Wordcount and Grammarly.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
ChatGPT use declines for the first time.

Sort of reflects my own usage of it, as it seems to have become dumber, and more inaccurate.

View attachment 50734

View attachment 50733
The more GPT4's responses are limited, the worse it becomes. When 4 first came out, it was amazing. A few months later, it's like GPT 3.5 just before 4 came out. Even when I give a direct command like "Don't use subheadings" it just ignores it and does it anyway.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
6 things I need that will change the game for me (and I'm sure it's all coming soon):

1. Better in-convo "memory". If you get too far down, it loses context from some of the earlier posts in the thread. Limiting me to really bite-sized chunks or tasks. I can still get done what I need to get done, and do it way faster than without GPT, but man, would be nice if it could just remember everything we've already talked about.

2. Plugged into live internet.

3. Eliminating me as he human to do the "check to see if it worked". There are a few early-stage automation apps, but nothing I'm that yet that impressed by. One simple example: Create code that does X. Check website to see if X happened. If not, modify code. Repeat. I have to be the translator to GPT if the website worked or not. We eventually get there most of the time... but takes too long.

4. Being able to train it on my own data (in an easy way).. i.e. take 7 years of customer service inbox history... create an internal knowledge base.

5. MUCH larger character inputs (copy/paste a document. Copy/paste an entire website file of code.) Because of thing #1 - memory sucking, it's really hard to try to get around character limits by combining together multiple inputs. If your doc is too big, you're SOL with chatgpt. I would happily pay more for using the additional bandwidth to scan a large file or document now and then.

6. Direct plug-ins for everything. Lots of SAAS deploying stuff. Not much of it interesting yet (at least in my ecommerce tech stack).

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
OpenAI probably got a warning from the US gov to nerf down ChatGPT and to delay the release of ChatGPT-5 as long as possible. They were on steroids in terms of progress previously but probably due to society's fear of these tech (social upheaval and rebellion due to entire industries affected and thus gov's votes), they had to nerf the development.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
OpenAI probably got a warning from the US gov to nerf down ChatGPT and to delay the release of ChatGPT-5 as long as possible. They were on steroids in terms of progress previously but probably due to society's fear of these tech (social upheaval and rebellion due to entire industries affected and thus gov's votes), they had to nerf the development.
This is nothing more than a conspiracy theory at this point, just in case anyone were to give this more credence than it deserves.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
1. Better in-convo "memory". If you get too far down, it loses context from some of the earlier posts in the thread. Limiting me to really bite-sized chunks or tasks. I can still get done what I need to get done, and do it way faster than without GPT, but man, would be nice if it could just remember everything we've already talked about.
I don't know if this will help, but I sometimes ask it to create a single prompt to create the same output, and then proceed with that prompt.

2. Plugged into live internet.
Add a plugin.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!