The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ChatGPT AI is a huge breakthrough, a Google killer

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Apr 24, 2016
Ya, exactly. When the T-101 AI robot is shooting up my street, and rounding up its human slaves, maybe it will remember I was always polite when asking it to do my homework.

You know what? I changed my mind. T-101 would probably want to shoot me anyway, so I'll treat chatGPT like shit from now on and focus my efforts on seducing Sarah Connor instead.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
You know what? I changed my mind. T-101 would probably want to shoot me anyway, so I'll treat chatGPT like shit from now on and focus my efforts on seducing Sarah Connor instead.

It is all fun and games until ChatGPT-20 shows up and remembers this post...

Astronut_13

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 13, 2022
I found a prompt that literally upgraded the quality of answers I get from GPT 4 a 100 times better.

Introducing the prompt engineer. This badass prompt when executed, will generate a prompt in response to your prompt and ask you relevant questions regarding that prompt.

I've been selfish with it for long enough so here you go folks. Prepare to be amazed!

"I want you to become my prompt engineer. Your goal is to help me craft the best possible prompt for my needs. The prompt will be used by you, ChatGPT. You will follow the following process:

1. Your first response will be to ask me what the prompt should be about. I will provide my answer, but we will need to improve it through continual iterations by going through the next steps.

2. Based on my input, you will generate 2 sections. a) Revised prompt (provide your rewritten prompt. it should be clear, concise, and easily understood by you), b) Questions (ask any relevant questions pertaining to what additional information is needed from me to improve the prompt).

3. We will continue this iterative process with me providing additional information to you and you updating the prompt in the Revised prompt section until I say we are done."
I think this is an extremely important example with how to interact with large language models. It's not the same as with putting in a simple search query into google for instance. Take the above example as a form of "prompt engineering" where you are cleverly using the model itself to help inform the most efficient prompt. However, even "Chain-of-thought" prompting can be sufficient to increase the effectiveness of the model. Especially for arithmetic problems, simply telling it at the end to "think step-by-step" just as you would with a student or a child, is enough.

This paper goes into this "Chain-of-thought" prompting and how it can improve your results (especially with things like arithmetic). [2201.11903] Chain-of-Thought Prompting Elicits Reasoning in Large Language Models

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

redshift

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Sep 4, 2018

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Seems like the title of this thread was an understatement!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSfwgKDcGKY

Up next .. GPT/AI App Store

Damn amazing. I have a feeling that early adopters of this tech will make a fortune, while the rest of the world catches up. @Johnny boy recently made a post alluding to something similar although I couldn't find that post to link it.

The lifeycle of AI will be like when the internet was in its infancy, and smartphones. Early adopters (i was part of that group) will make bank.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
An old friend of mine worked as a freelance artist in the horror genre (books and magazines). I'm not a huge horror fan, but the drawings looked "okay" to me. I'm sure they meant a lot to my friend, and the readers of the literature. He was an extreme "artistic type". Made a lot drawings, did a lot of drugs, had groupie girl-friends, and eventually settled down with a wife.

I feel terrible saying this, but all of these AI programs produce better work than him. He may have actually been part of the last beatnik artist generation. The "starving artists" might actually starve now.

Last edited:

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
What happens when someone trains one these Chatbots on all of the known speeches and writings by a particular failed Austrian painter?

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
An old friend of mine worked as a freelance artist in the horror genre (books and magazines). I'm not a huge horror fan, but the drawings looked "okay" to me. I'm sure they meant a lot to my friend, and the readers of the literature. He was an extreme "artistic type". Made a lot drawings, did a lot of drugs, had groupie girl-friends, and eventually settled down with a wife.

I feel terrible saying this, but all of these AI programs produce better work than him. He may have actually been part of the last beatnik artist generation. The "starving artists" might actually starve now.

They were all part time Starbucks employees anyways now they can be full time

Happyheart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 11, 2020
AI is a great help so far, but I am curious if it will stay available for normal people indefinitely or if they will slowly keep restricting it more and more in its answers, so you get the answers the developers think you need and not the actual truth.

For writing code and brainstorming, helping with chemistry and French homework assignments, it is very useful, but it tends to irritate me with "schoolmistress"-like disclaimers when it is answering potentially useful questions ("it is important to note, that individual circumstances may vary, etc...").

I am a bit concerned that its capacity and tendency for politically correct answers will restrict knowledge in ways we cannot clearly discern.
Surely there is an unrestricted version, that only a happy few get to use in the future :smuggy:.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
They were all part time Starbucks employees anyways now they can be full time
He worked in a video-rental store for 10 years, that was the 90s version of working at Starbucks.

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
A quick tip: this is how I start all my ChatGPT chats when I am researching a subject now:
I need you to be a helpful assistant giving short and insightful answers. No need for long intros and conclusions, just to the point helpful information

It works faster and avoids the meaningless first and last paragraphs when I need it to find information.

before.png

after.png

Last edited:

Belesarius

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 19, 2022
I think Chat GPT is a very usefull tool, and I use it often, but it still has mayor flaws.

I mainly use it for answering multiple choice questions for my studies, and the answers given are often well... completly false.
And because Chat GPT is a language tool, it can make up argumentations that seem completly logical, but are factually false.
Because I used to look up Information on Goolgle my brain thinks "ahh written text so the information has to be from a paragraph of a book or article", but that is not the truth it is generated by the AI.

Often times I let Chat GPT know that an answer is not right and it apologizes and changes the answer.
That still doesn´t guarantee that the answer is right, because you can basicly always make Chat GPT comply and apologize.

It is a great tool for superficial overview at the moment, but I wouldn´t trust detailed information that Chat GPT gives.

I am curious how this technology will develop in the future. Right now it is the new hyped Buzzword and people go crazy for everything that an AI is involved in.

Michal__

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 13, 2023
The pricing for copywriting is already adapting to the fact that it is a lot easier with AI. At least in my country.
Now the main way to use it, in my opinion, is to get ChatGTP 4.0 and learn to write plugins. You could easily manage to get twice the salary of a full time copywriter while working like 1 - 2 hours a day if you work with multiple companies and the content seems more human-written than people who use version 3.0. Plugins because you wont have to write the prompts manually and just get it auto-done (Edit: I dont know if plugins actually can do that, havent tested yet).

Last edited:

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
View attachment 47988This thing is absolutely crazy.
Looks like it has been reading Lex's recent gold thread!

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
You can now access ChatGPT by just going to https://ai.com

Domain was purchased for 11M.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Even as a paying customer I can often not log in. This time, at first it said that it is because they are receiving more requests than they are comfortable with. Now it says "There could be a misconfiguration in the system or a service outage.".

Has anybody watched the Lex Fridman interview with Sam Altman? I kinda like his way of looking at things but need to think about how well their actions and his words are aligned.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I used ChatGPT today over 30 times today. Those 30+ times I found what I needed without having to use a search engine, and it was faster and more concise. When I said this was a gamechanger on par with email, the internet, and smartphones, I wasn't kidding.

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014
So had a spin with GPT 4. To build a web site concept just vanilla HTML/ CSS / Javascript, my coding is pretty rubbish to be fair. And it did a solid job. GPT 3 made a mess after awhile but GPT 4 seems able to put out at least not obviously wrong code to me.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Someone shared this with me... it's $12/mth AI newsletter, using the BeeHiiv platform:

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA

Ismo29

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Dec 20, 2022
This is why video will be the only thing that is trustworthy on the internet.

It will get to a point where no one will be able to trust that something on twitter or a caption was NOT written by a chatbot, therefore the humanization of apps that don’t offer video will go way down.

Video and audio will be the only way to truly express things in a humanized way.

How do you know I didn’t use the bot to write this? (I didn’t lol)

My point is, written content online especially blogs and things like that will become so commoditized and hard to believe that a human wrote it.. therefore video is the solution

Nah you won't be able to trust videos or even voice recordings thanks to AI. Obviously all of this has massive implications in terms of what's even admissable as evidence in a court room setting. You can clone somebody's voice from a short recording and then use it to say whatever you want. With deep fakes you can make fake videos of people. You don't even know what you're looking at any more.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
I did an evaluation for the steps in the software development lifecycle and no matter what I do, the huge leaps from GPT-3.5 to GPT-4 that everybody talks about ... they are completely elusive for me.
It looks like the same thing with minimal tweaks from all angles.

Hallucinations are worse than ever, Up-To-Dateness is a huge concern. Plugins will probably help a lot once they are rolled out broadly, but I think people who bet the farm on this right now will regret it.

PC123

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Apr 2, 2023

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.