The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ChatGPT AI is a huge breakthrough, a Google killer

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
@MJ DeMarco - maybe you can run people's first posts on the forum through this guy's AI-detection tool:

There are already GPT-detection tools online, like Huggingface which are accurate. However, I imagine several software dev firms are positioning to make big bucks from colleges, with a SaaS tool, for automatic detection in the submission flow of essays.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Rant: People who like to use the sentence "I stand corrected" are annoying and a huge turn off.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Rant: People who like to use the sentence "I stand corrected" are annoying and a huge turn off.
If I may be so bold...

Instead of saying:

People who like to use the sentence "I stand corrected" are annoying.

... try saying:

It's annoying when people use the sentence "I stand corrected".

That way you're annoyed by the behaviour and not the person.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
If I may be so bold...

Instead of saying:

People who like to use the sentence "I stand corrected" are annoying.

try saying:

It's annoying when people use the sentence "I stand corrected".

That way you're annoyed by the behaviour and not the person.
or just chill out?

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Cool free chrome extension that allows you to use public or your own prompt templates:

Check out AIPRM for more info on how to write prompts.

Examples:

View attachment 46936

This here is the next frontier: a better collaboration between People and AI. One lesson we can all learn from ChatGPT is how powerful and useful AI tech can be. You will hear many be afraid about machines replacing humans or jobs. And yes, it will happen - to a certain extent. Rather than it being a bad thing, it is a great opportunity to reinvent how we work.

Let's look pass automation and think augmentation

Current Game: using AI to improve/automate business processes
New Game: augment the range of possibilities by creating teams of people & machine, where the AI becomes an extension of ourselves (not referring to brain chip a la Neuralink, not ready for that)

For the new game to be created, people need to be taught how to interact with those tools. They are powerful - when used properly.

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
Been using this thing non-stop for the past few weeks. Used it to summarize topics for me that I've actually had trouble finding online (trade-specific to my field and very niche), compose emails, fix grammar, summarize huge amounts of text, and study new topics -- I mean the capabilities are endless. Terrifyingly good at these things and a gamechanger for workflow and productivity. Would challenge anyone to learn how to use it.

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
There are already GPT-detection tools online, like Huggingface which are accurate. However, I imagine several software dev firms are positioning to make big bucks from colleges, with a SaaS tool, for automatic detection in the submission flow of essays.
A few applications can actually bypass this. It's a great study aid if anything and can create multiple-choice questions and study guides lol. Teachers may be able to use this thing, I had it grade a few of my college essays and give feedback and it was on target on most of them or super close to my actual grade. Insane.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
ChatGPT never ceases to impress.

I wrote a long wall of text with raw and personal/emotional thoughts, and got it to compress and make it shorter and professional. Lo and behold, done in 5 seconds lol

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm not quite using it in any workflows yet, but I've seen some decent videos on YouTube that have me more interested. I shared one earlier showing how someone created an email sequence for a local service business for instance.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Nothing is infallible. But I still need Gmail, Docs/Sheets, Android and Drive!
Yeah but those things are free because Google makes its money elsewhere. And if Google's revenue stream dries up from Google Ads because people are using ChatGPT instead of googling stuff and clicking on ads, then what?

They're not going to keep free and useful products alive out of the goodness of their hearts. There's got to be a business model with enough income for all those things to exist.

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
I'm not quite using it in any workflows yet, but I've seen some decent videos on YouTube that have me more interested. I shared one earlier showing how someone created an email sequence for a local service business for instance.
I'd be curious about what people do mostly find themselves using it for. I don't formally use it in any workflows either as I am just beginning to grasp all that it can do and its limitations (also concerned about some of the factual errors it can make). So far I really just toy around with different ideas and brainstorm with it. It is terrific for that.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My desktop computer is running out of space, and despite cleaning out my mailboxes, my Mac kept reporting that I had 15 GB of space being used in the mail app. Spent about 2 minutes on Google searching endless filler crap and tech support websites that state the obvious (open your mail app and delete your emails, DUH, really?????) -- finding no help, and then realized that ChatGPT can help.

Sure enough, found the problem and fixed it. Google is done.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
My desktop computer is running out of space, and despite cleaning out my mailboxes, my Mac kept reporting that I had 15 GB of space being used in the mail app. Spent about 2 minutes on Google searching endless filler crap and tech support websites that state the obvious (open your mail app and delete your emails, DUH, really?????) -- finding no help, and then realized that ChatGPT can help.

That's incredible. The limits of ChatGPT seem to mostly be people just not realizing what it could help them to do.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

What fixed it? I'm constantly getting that "full" remark as well

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Spent about 2 minutes on Google searching endless filler crap and tech support websites that state the obvious (open your mail app and delete your emails, DUH, really?????)

Don't forget the sentence that is always spouted by everyone when the PC has issues : "Update your drivers".

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
lol as if Google and Facebook haven't been working on their own AI services. lets be real.

Yup, let's see how they do it without cannibalizing their main business which is Google Search. Not sure about FB but they're a sinking ship.

For some reason, a lot of the tech folks (mainly coders) seem to dislike OpenAI and ChatGPT. Maybe because they see it coming for their jobs lol
The comment section in the Gmail founder's Twitter post above says it all.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
I think its amazing as well.

After using it for about 1 hour, I was like "I need to invest in this company..." Sadly Open.AI isn't listed on the stonk market yet. But you can invest in Microsoft and thus indirectly realize gains from Open AI, as MS recently invested upto $10 billion into the company.

This is not investment advice. But I honestly believe investing in this company early would be like investing in Google/Amazon back in 2001. You'll see huge returns if you hold long enough.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jan 18, 2022
Yup, let's see how they do it without cannibalizing their main business which is Google Search. Not sure about FB but they're a sinking ship.

For some reason, a lot of the tech folks (mainly coders) seem to dislike OpenAI and ChatGPT. Maybe because they see it coming for their jobs lol
The comment section in the Gmail founder's Twitter post above says it all.
It needs another 5-10 years before replacing a junior dev, and another 15+ before replacing a senior dev.

The dislike stems from a plethora of other issues.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'd be surprised if Google doesn't already have AI that's far more advanced than ChatGPT. Wasn't there a story about a Google engineer thinking their AI was sentient?

Google has years of scraping (sorry, indexing) websites, and has massive databases of how people search and what search terms are related.

It's even annoying how much they push their algorithms/AI in Google Ads. And they're even saying Google Ads will create your whole ads and keywords based on your landing pages (they mostly do this with Dynamic Search Ads, except we write the ads descriptions).

Maybe they just didn't want to create a customer facing version of their AI just yet?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.