The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ChatGPT AI is a huge breakthrough, a Google killer

Sam De Marco

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jan 10, 2019
Been spending some time on ChatGPT, holy shit this thing is insane, a total Google killer.

It in effect, is like the Star Trek "computer" for those of you familiar with Star Trek.

This thing already likely saved me 3 hours of my time in a matter of 10 seconds.

I haven't been this impressed with a new technology in 15 years, the last time being the Apple iPhone replacing a flip-phone.

It can spit out computer code for you in seconds, stuff that would take 10 different Google searches amount 100 different results filled with SEO manipulated filler and garbage.

If you're a writer, this thing will help you describe scenes in foreign countries, write dialogue in different types of personalities, and conquer blocks in a matter of seconds.

The utility in this application is beyond belief.

The old way: 1) Search Google, 2) Sift through mountains of "SEO'd" pages filled with filler 3) Spend 20 minutes finding the right passage on the right page.

Time: 15m

The new way: 1) Ask ChatGPT

Time: 15s

Here is what ChatGPT responded with how to make money.

I couldn't have answered better myself.
I downloaded the repository from Github and ran it on my machine! The number of applications you can build are endless!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I stayed up for a few hours last night testing where this was strong/weak.

I like it a lot, and I do think it is going to be the end for some peoples businesses.
If you can't provide over a certain level of service, then this is going to wipe you out.

Here is a video I made today on it for web designers / freelancers...

jwhanke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Mar 26, 2018
Akron, OH
Has anyone had an issue with logging in?

I created an account and kept entering my information on the login screen, but it returned me to the same page.

1670429770384.png

I've tried different computers and different browsers to no avail.

Last edited:

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida

I like it a lot, and I do think it is going to be the end for some peoples businesses.
If you can't provide over a certain level of service, then this is going to wipe you out.

Great video, Rob.

Question - can you give an example of a way that someone could sell themselves in the context you're talking about in the video?

Ross_102

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Oct 29, 2022
Has anyone had an issue with logging in?

I created an account and kept entering my information on the login screen, but it returned me to the same page.

View attachment 46256

I've tried different computers and different browsers to no avail.

@jwhanke I had the same issue today, probably too many people are using it right now. I haven't seen such an explosion in popularity of a software in a very long time

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Looks like the tool has crashed. The website is saying their servers are experiencing high usage and they are trying to scale up.

I have some interesting theories and questions about this tool, I'd love to hear others opinions.

-
If this is an openly available and publicly released tool then what sort of tools are available to massive corporations internally, governments to conduct influence campaigns, military/military planners, election strategy tools. We all know about how Cambridge Analytica leveraged Facebook back in 2016. What tools are currently being used and if you don't have access to them are you at a massive disadvantage within a democracy. I know we have all felt a "culture war" being waged over the last ten years.. are there super tools pushing this?

- We've seen some interesting videos of Putin that look almost completely real but have a few tell tail signs of manipulation. Will similar tools allow video to be generated of Putin at a rally speaking that are completely trained off previous events datasets so the event may never have taken place but it can be broadcast to look like one has?

- I think instead of copywriters etc we will now have higher level jobs within the space. So for example, instead of 5 copywriters we'll now have 1 person inputting queries, compiling the results and editing them for enhanced clarity... so I don't think we've reached the end of the "expert" yet. Going back in history we used to have rooms full of people writing on typewriters, printing, sorting, delivering etc... now you have a few people in an office, all digital, instantaneous delivery between computers. I think this could have the same level of impact but ultimately will still have to be supervised by a human.

Cait Mack

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 2, 2022
Been spending some time on ChatGPT, holy shit this thing is insane, a total Google killer.

It in effect, is like the Star Trek "computer" for those of you familiar with Star Trek.

This thing already likely saved me 3 hours of my time in a matter of 10 seconds.

I haven't been this impressed with a new technology in 15 years, the last time being the Apple iPhone replacing a flip-phone.

It can spit out computer code for you in seconds, stuff that would take 10 different Google searches amount 100 different results filled with SEO manipulated filler and garbage.

If you're a writer, this thing will help you describe scenes in foreign countries, write dialogue in different types of personalities, and conquer blocks in a matter of seconds.

The utility in this application is beyond belief.

The old way: 1) Search Google, 2) Sift through mountains of "SEO'd" pages filled with filler 3) Spend 20 minutes finding the right passage on the right page.

Time: 15m

The new way: 1) Ask ChatGPT

Time: 15s

Here is what ChatGPT responded with how to make money.

I couldn't have answered better myself.
This isn't exciting lol...ChatGPT is here to tell us: you're no longer necessary, at all.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Great video. I'll have a play with it soon.

Agree that what we do and why is more important than how. This is just a tool, and if we're digging a hole in the wrong place and bring in a digger then we just end up with a bigger hole in the wrong place.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I think this could have the same level of impact but ultimately will still have to be supervised by a human.
"... ultimately will still have to be *directed* by a human."

TinyTim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 1, 2016
The World
Looks like the tool has crashed. The website is saying their servers are experiencing high usage and they are trying to scale up.

I have some interesting theories and questions about this tool, I'd love to hear others opinions.

-
If this is an openly available and publicly released tool then what sort of tools are available to massive corporations internally, governments to conduct influence campaigns, military/military planners, election strategy tools. We all know about how Cambridge Analytica leveraged Facebook back in 2016. What tools are currently being used and if you don't have access to them are you at a massive disadvantage within a democracy. I know we have all felt a "culture war" being waged over the last ten years.. are there super tools pushing this?

- We've seen some interesting videos of Putin that look almost completely real but have a few tell tail signs of manipulation. Will similar tools allow video to be generated of Putin at a rally speaking that are completely trained off previous events datasets so the event may never have taken place but it can be broadcast to look like one has?

- I think instead of copywriters etc we will now have higher level jobs within the space. So for example, instead of 5 copywriters we'll now have 1 person inputting queries, compiling the results and editing them for enhanced clarity... so I don't think we've reached the end of the "expert" yet. Going back in history we used to have rooms full of people writing on typewriters, printing, sorting, delivering etc... now you have a few people in an office, all digital, instantaneous delivery between computers. I think this could have the same level of impact but ultimately will still have to be supervised by a human.
Any 'generalist' copywriter is in trouble. To be honest, that's been a bad idea for a while now.

An 'expert' tech copywriter that uses real-time data and examples will still get enough work... for now.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I can't help but see millions of people typing billions of search terms into a big free tool that brings back answers and that one day might have ads triggered by said search terms so advertisers can get in front of people the moment they do a search...

Or as MJ already said... "a Google killer" since that's what Google is.

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
I can't help but see millions of people typing billions of search terms into a big free tool that brings back answers and that one day might have ads triggered by said search terms so advertisers can get in front of people the moment they do a search...

And a whole industry built around ACO (AI Chat Optimization) trying to figure out how to make the ChatGPT recommend your products/services when people search for something.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
And a whole industry built around ACO (AI Chat Optimization) trying to figure out how to make the ChatGPT recommend your products/services when people search for something.
Hmmm... you mean the resulting content educates the searcher and naturally leads to the conclusion they should buy their product/service? So they're trying to create advertorials?

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Oct 10, 2022

Amazing video! Well done!

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
Hmmm... you mean the resulting content educates the searcher and naturally leads to the conclusion they should buy their product/service? So they're trying to create advertorials?
I was playing with it, asking a few questions about the industry I'm in. Then I asked, "what is a good widget to use" and it mentioned a couple of competitor solutions. Immediately I thought; I am sure people will try to figure out how to make ChatGPT mention their product instead.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I was playing with it, asking a few questions about the industry I'm in. Then I asked, "what is a good widget to use" and it mentioned a couple of competitor solutions. Immediately I thought; I am sure people will try to figure out how to make ChatGPT mention their product instead.
An obvious one would be ads that appear next to the content, triggered by the search terms and/or the intent behind the search terms and the user's search history and behaviour. Basically like the ads on the Google Search Engine and the Google Display Network.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What’s your thoughts?

Not exactly sure.

However, as an emerging opportunity, it might follow the pattern of trends where lots of money is to be made in the next few years until it gains mainstream, widespread adoption.

Here's the cycle:

1) Emerging opportunity, few recognize it.
2) Keen entrepreneurs take advantage of this emerging trend
3) When industry becomes mainstream, the entrepreneur sells out
4) Next, they start selling "I made millions in AI, here's how!"
5) Keen entrepreneurs take advantage of a "everyone's doing it" trend.

Podcasting, blogs, self-publishing, crypto ... all these emerging fields made early adopters wealthy, and when the industry became mainstream, they pivoted to selling their "outdated knowledge" to late adopters.

The early power users can leverage this into something and change their lives.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

At some point, AI will become so advanced that this idea of “AI chat optimization” will be exactly like an executive simply having a meeting with an AI and explaining why the AI should believe their product is the best.

You would need to persuade the AI to rank your product highly…

TinyTim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 1, 2016
The World
Just had a play and it's repeating answers for search queries. While this is good as a Google competitor, it's not always helpful to content creators.

Edit: And nothing is passing copyscape. Just straight copied. The accuracy appears good because it is just copying and pasting from websites. What am I missing here?

Edit 2: Now I've asked it to write a poem about my family's pet hamster (that died yesterday - hence the topic). I'm impressed again.

Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 00.41.26.png

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Start offering "handcrafted content writing services" with this tool and charge $5 for a 2000 word article. The time spent is only 20 seconds or less. $5/20 seconds.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
Start offering "handcrafted content writing services" with this tool and charge $5 for a 2000 word article. The time spent is only 20 seconds or less. $5/20 seconds.

I can't imagine how many new writing service offers have been posted on fiverr and the likes, in the last week. All from people looking to leverage and cash in on this.

There have been several content writing AI tools before this. They just didn't go quite as viral.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Layer 38.png

d77da4a3616ec5de6ebaf0f89fb911de.png

Last edited:

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
(underlined is my prompts)

write a conversation between a door to door salesman and a homeowner that doesn't want to buy the product but the salesman is persistant.

Homeowner: I'm sorry, I'm not interested in buying your product today.
Salesman: That's too bad. Can I ask you why?
Homeowner: I just don't think it's something I need right now.
Salesman: I understand. Can I ask you what kind of products you're interested in learning more about and that could be helpful for you?
Homeowner: No, thank you. I'm not interested.
Salesman: Alright. Well, is there someone else in your household that might be interested?
Homeowner: No, I'm afraid not.
Salesman: Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to consider purchasing this product, or would you just prefer to look at other options?
Homeowner: I'm just not interested at this time. Thank you for your inquiry.

continue the story but the salesman kicks open the door and starts speaking in an alien language in all caps

Salesman: GRREYGLURR GLALOO DESHTRAY UUNDRAAV!!!
Homeowner: What in the world?! The homeowner quickly stepped back, shielding themselves from the salesman as he continued to scream in this unknown language. Suddenly, the salesman stopped and collapsed to the ground, exhausted.
Homeowner: Are you okay? The salesman slowly opened his eyes and, realizing the situation, quickly composed himself.
Salesman: Yes, I'm sorry. I must have been...daydreaming. I didn't mean to frighten you. The homeowner was still overwhelmed by the scene and cautiously asked the salesman to leave their property.
Salesman: Of course. My apologies again. Have a good day.

and then something ridiculous happens

The homeowner watched as the salesman walked away, but before he vanished from sight, he suddenly began running and shouting "I had forgotten to tell you about the 50% off sale!" before running around the block and out of sight. The homeowner stared in disbelief, still shaken by the bizarre encounter.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
(underlined is my prompts)

write a conversation between a door to door salesman and a homeowner that doesn't want to buy the product but the salesman is persistant.

Homeowner: I'm sorry, I'm not interested in buying your product today.
Salesman: That's too bad. Can I ask you why?
Homeowner: I just don't think it's something I need right now.
Salesman: I understand. Can I ask you what kind of products you're interested in learning more about and that could be helpful for you?
Homeowner: No, thank you. I'm not interested.
Salesman: Alright. Well, is there someone else in your household that might be interested?
Homeowner: No, I'm afraid not.
Salesman: Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to consider purchasing this product, or would you just prefer to look at other options?
Homeowner: I'm just not interested at this time. Thank you for your inquiry.

continue the story but the salesman kicks open the door and starts speaking in an alien language in all caps

Salesman: GRREYGLURR GLALOO DESHTRAY UUNDRAAV!!!
Homeowner: What in the world?! The homeowner quickly stepped back, shielding themselves from the salesman as he continued to scream in this unknown language. Suddenly, the salesman stopped and collapsed to the ground, exhausted.
Homeowner: Are you okay? The salesman slowly opened his eyes and, realizing the situation, quickly composed himself.
Salesman: Yes, I'm sorry. I must have been...daydreaming. I didn't mean to frighten you. The homeowner was still overwhelmed by the scene and cautiously asked the salesman to leave their property.
Salesman: Of course. My apologies again. Have a good day.

and then something ridiculous happens

The homeowner watched as the salesman walked away, but before he vanished from sight, he suddenly began running and shouting "I had forgotten to tell you about the 50% off sale!" before running around the block and out of sight. The homeowner stared in disbelief, still shaken by the bizarre encounter.
I was wondering if it could do continuations. This is amazing. There's any amount of animated stories our kids watch on YouTube, that have millions of views. I wonder if they use tools like this to churn them out.

I can't even access the tool as it's overwhelmed. Some of the other AI copy tools can do stories I think.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Can you download ChatGPT and run it locally, or is it a SaaS accessed only through a web API?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.