• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

EXECUTION Chasing Freedom - Creating My Own Digital Marketing Company

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by Kyle T, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Kyle T

Kyle T Aspiring Super Hero Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,243
    Gameplan:
    The only way I will achieve massive results is with massive action. I have been reading quite a few books (see below) and I am realizing that my sales skills are absolute dog shit. My mentality, my energy, my mindset, my "script", my prospecting, my closing, my qualifying of leads & every other aspect is absolutely terrible.

I never appreciated the amount of skill that selling requires and I am determined to master the skill. My gameplan moving forward is made up of the following things:

1. Cold Calling: 30+ cold calls per day.
      • I look forward to the day when I post in this thread that I no longer fear the phone. Through this process, I am even going to record my calls so that I can study them and track my progress. I am in the process of creating my scripts and preparing for every possible situation.
    2. Cold Emailing: 20-50 cold emails per day
      • Will start out a bit smaller and use automation software.
    3. LinkedIn Videos: 5+ videos per day
      • As I figure out my process a bit more than this number should increase. But this is my commitment to start.
    4. In-Person Networking: 10+ new connections per week
      • Attending networking events and meeting business owners in my community is huge for me since I am in a brand new city.
    These are the 4 pillars that are going to make up my daily minimums. My goal is to quickly increase these numbers but still a great starting point that definitely places me outside my comfort zone.

As I make progress, the areas of focus will my likely shift. I need everyone here to hold me accountable! I will give weekly reports on the other stuff as well.

Books:
    I read a lot of books. At times, to a fault. I will not begin reading any more books in the foreseeable future unless I encounter an obstacle that requires some new knowledge. With that said, I have gained a ton of insight over the past month by reading the following. (I had a 15-hour cross country move so I listened to more books than usual...)
    • 10x & Sell or Be Sold By Grant Cardone
      • Has helped me with motivation & mindset. Not the most actionable books but listening to the guy has energized me about the sales process and that's invaluable.
    • Power Phone Scripts by Mike Brooks
      • Reading this book has been like an epiphany. Trying to do a sales call without a gameplan & script has been one of the dumbest things that I have ever done. I always used the word "qualified prospect" but I never even knew what it meant. For the first time in my life, I am actually excited to start calling people in to start developing a skill that I've always wanted.
    • SPIN Selling by Neil Rackham
      • Incredible book. Need to reread and take notes because I definitely didn't absorb it as much as I need to.
    • Expert Secrets by Russel Brunson
      • The guy is a genius. Literally explaining how to move clients further down the rabbit hole while he moves you further down his rabbit hole (but for some reason... the reader is okay with it.) Definitely given me some ideas to expand my business models at some point in the distant future.
    • Building a Story Brand by Donald Miller
      • Great model and has been super helpful for me to identify the correct marketing messages. Your client's business is the hero of the story and your business is just merely the guide that assists them towards greatness.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  2. MakeItHappen

MakeItHappen Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,970
    If you do REALLY take the action to make your plan happen continuously I can't see you possibly fail!

3. Kyle T

Kyle T Aspiring Super Hero Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,243
    Day 1 of Cold Calling
    Dials: 30
    Reached: 6 (20%)
    Leads: 0 (0%)
    Prospects: 0 (0%)

Ouch, that was rough! But you know what? I am glad that I did it.

Every single dial puts me out of my comfort zone and I look forward to making some improvements tomorrow.

4. rogue synthetic

rogue synthetic * Not actually Rutger Hauer Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,347
    Couple things you might like related to these two books:

The Secret of Selling Anything is a great complement to SPIN Selling. Browne's delivery is less technical and more geared to practical selling. The message is similar: figure out what they want, twist the knife until they see the light, and if you do it right they'll ask you for the sale.

This video is a pretty stunning example of how to use story and identity-based positioning to draw in (crowds of) prospects. As with Expert Secrets, pay attention to what he does and how the audience responds. This is just as important than what's said in the presentation.

5. Chapas

Chapas Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,580
    The most important thing is to start! People are terrified of cold calls. So am I even though I worked in a call-center for a couple of years. You will get better day by day and will slowly start to get out of your comfort zone. Great hustling my friend. Looking forward to see how your results will be in 2-3 weeks. Just keep going!

MakeItHappen likes this.
  6. Kyle T

Rep Bank:
    $3,243
    I closed a new client and now My current recurring monthly income is up to $1750.

This was all thanks to the B2B LinkedIn strategy from the thread that I mentioned above.

I am also getting strong leads from social media & networking groups. Going to keep up with my current strategies for the rest of this month and evaluate which channels are the most valuable to me.

I have also axed my daily updates but will be updating this thread in detail on a weekly basis.

7. Johnny boy

Johnny boy Silver Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,524
    1. post craigslist ads in all major metropolitan areas

2. make youtube videos for people searching things like "how to grow a painting businesses". Sit in front of a camera and make a 2 minute video "here's how you grow a painting business. here's how you get attention in your community. contact us to create a plan" and use some blackhat SEO to get it ranking for your keywords quickly.

edit: I know because I did this because I think I'm pretty smart and figured why not. I've got extra time because my lawn care business and real estate kinda works by itself. Might as well use the business skills for other companies. I made the website "mediamousetrap.com" (catch more customers - lol get it?) in less than 3 hours total and got a client in a day.

edit2: just made $1,000 for a 2 hour consulting conversation with an accounting firm. check is in the mail.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  8. Kyle T

Rep Bank:
    $3,243
    Current Recurring Monthly Revenue: $3,150

Up to 6 clients. The most exciting part is that each new client is paying more than the last. I am gaining confidence in my ability to sell to warm leads but still am lacking confidence in dealing with cold prospects and warming them up.

#1 thing that I am currently focusing on is to improve my time management & discipline. I don't spend enough time focused on my businesse's "one thing".

I am hiring my first full-time VA and looking forward to delegating a lot of the busy work. Hopefully it will help!

Hiring a VA will allow me to develop systems that will help me to focus on selling. Step by step guides to doing all these repetitive tasks that I am currently wasting my energy. The goal is to have an instruction manual so that this VA (or any VA) will be able to do the boring stuff with limited instruction.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  9. MHP368

MHP368 the man, the myth, the Pseudo-Apollodorus Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,065
    Have you considered linkedn "sales navigator"? , great for b2b email mining, 30-50 a day is way way way too little.

Whats the message your sending out look like? whats the cadence of follow up emails?

are you dripping out slight variations of the same message?

have you considered using linkedn hub or replyify or some other automating software?

I feel like you're leaving a lot on the table by not crafting a proper email mining campaign from the getgo , I mean - good on you for just hammering out phonecalls until you dont fear the phone (the email leads will be phonecalls eventually) but "3-50" emails a day is just leaving opportunity on the table.

A-A-ron and BlackMagician like this.
  10. A-A-ron

A-A-ron New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $82
    Kyle
    hey Kyle T,
    Not sure if you are still looking for a recommended Udemy course, but I am currently taking “The Complete Digital Marketing Course” on Udemy and it is excellent. Here is the link: The Complete Digital Marketing Course - 12 Courses in 1
    I am currently trying to build a DM Agency geared specifically towards Veteran Owned Businesses.
    Best of luck!
    Aaron

11. A-A-ron

A-A-ron New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $82
    KyleT,
    Be sure to ask your 2 new customers for referrals. This will help increase your prospecting pool!

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.