The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can we smoke weed in the entrepreneurial world?

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
No!
Here is my why: in the last 40 years I have met many men smoking weed.
About 90% stopped smoking and had a career of any way.
5% smopke sometimes. None of them has a career.
5% still smoke. The are all broke more or less.

So I won’t smoke weed!

But thats only a brick in building your opinion.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StillGrindin'

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 19, 2018
Toronto Canada
I used to smoke in the past, thought it made me creative. Maybe it did, but the law of diminishing returns is real.

Smoking weed makes you complacent. You smoke and then start going down into a negative spiral, inevitably. You might end up watching movies, eating junk food or doing some other unproductive stuff. Can you afford that? I can't, for example.

Procrastination is my Achilles heel, so it just made me feel at one with the world. Complete inner peace and comfort, just ruminating through my thoughts for hours on end, but not really doing anything else. Not wanting to do anything else outside of my cannabis induced meditative state, aside from eat food.

Had some good laughs, some creative bursts of inspiration, the most refreshing sleep of my life. But overall for me, it just makes me want to hang out by myself in nature and take in the awe of the world, or philosophize. Or get married to the couch and stare at the ceiling. That's my experience as an INTJ with the devil's lettuce, and why I can't / don't really partake.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
This is actually funny.

You may ask "Why?"

The thing is that people who actually take this drug, defend it in one way or other.
They say it can help you or not. That it depends on individual and other BS.

Why BS?
I'll tell you.

You say you have a free will.
You take marijuana and say it just relaxes you.
Then you make all the possible excuses, and gym your tongue
left and right to say something that won't attack it.
Or even that you are aware of negative consequences of taking it.
Or even that you do take it but discourage others from doing the same.
Or even that no one should ever tell you what to do, meaning that you should take it.

So, where is it? Where is your free will?

You are on forum about liberty and you let some weed to control you.

That's a funny mind f**k, isn't it.

Next time,when someone offers you a drug, think about it twice.

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
In college I got high with intensely smart guys who went on to very successful high tech careers, and a couple of them started very large very successful high tech companies. After college I regularly smoked with a friend who went on to be a VP at IBM.

Similarly, I've enjoyed beer, wine, and other alcohol with very successful people, including some who became VPs and CEOs of large high-tech companies.

The weed and the booze are not what makes the decision. The person enjoying the substance decides what to do with their life.

That said, I do believe that people who smoke a lot -- or drink a lot -- are much less likely to be ambitious, organized, and successful. Moderation is key. If you kick back with a beer at the end of the day, no problem. If you're drunk all day long, problem. Same if you spend all day stoned out of your mind. In my experience, somebody who smokes all day is much more likely to spend his time playing video games than doing anything productive. Somebody who wants to be successful with his life will self-regulate the drugs he consumes.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Are you talking about how it will effect your performance, or how will people perceive you?

When you're talking about performance, that entirely depends on you. Personally, I don't see how being high constantly will help you, but some people say it makes them productive.

In terms of how you're perceived, you need to keep in mind where you are and who you're doing business with. If you're in Asia, or do business with people in Asia, this is 100% no.
If you live in America, this depends on where you are. But even so weed is largely socially acceptable. If you live in Canada, weed is both socially acceptable and legal.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Here's a Spanish proverb: "Take what you want and pay for it."

Churchill was a career drunk and he handled his addiction rather well. A simple way to evaluate whether you can handle any vice is to see how much it interferes with your one main goal.

Make your own decision. Don't ask other people for permission.

G

Guest1413tpa

Most entrepreneurs are more interested in selling it instead of smoking it.
Good to know :rofl:

I partake in the devils cabbage (right now). Helps immensely with focus and decreases the anxiety that cripples me sometimes. It boils down to two things in my eyes:

Proper dosing & proper strains.

You need to make the decision for yourself though.

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada
A simple way to evaluate whether you can handle any vice

While I agree with your main point, this statement assumes that the drug is a vice which may be your perspective but I'm not sure is necessarily true depending on person and usage.

I think the big thing to answer OP is.. does this help you achieve your goal, if so what's the cost, if you can manage the cost then maybe it fits into your journey. Look within and not without for approval.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

haitham

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 19, 2020
Saudi Arabia §
let me start by saying I totally understand why you would ask such a question! it is a question I myself have long wondered about. about whether or not smoking weed could actually help a starting entrepreneur as myself to reach financial freedom either by coming up with an idea of an online startup or by simply getting the work at hand done. whether that was designing websites for clients or learning how to code under the intense high of afghan hash! the truth is, weed in its nature has the characteristics of what we know in online marketing as clickbait. it looks as promising as the statue of liberty prior to smoking it. and feels as difficult as worldwide peace when it comes to actually achieving or finishing a task while high on it. you'd be thinking oh well, lemme just smoke a joint and finish reading this article, or finish this section of a website design. but you'd end up just looking at the monitor with no productivity whatsoever, feel sleepy, wake up from a deep sleep, with no clue to where you left off. it took me 2 years to realize this. weed and entrepreneurship cannot co-align. weed delays the event MJ has been talking about in the fastlane book. and pro-longs the process that fore-cometh that event! now of course, this is my personal experience. I did have some inspiring thoughts under the effects of molly. but that's another topic for another type of question. see you up top!

Wil22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jun 8, 2020
Philadelphia,Pa
I would like to know if smoking weed has constraints in entrepreneurship

since this is an entrepreneurial forum, ask yourself has it benefited or distracted you from doing/being more. Track your costs, income and the effect smoking has on your business development. Talk with others close to you to inquire if they think you are too dependent. If you are stoned all the time it will be hard to know. Maybe it’s an integral part of your business? Maybe you take a few hits in the morning and become an “action faker.” Stop immediately if that’s the answer. Perhaps you are a cancer survivor (me) and you legally use it to sleep through the night so that you can work 8-10 hours? As most have already commented, only you can decide if it’s working for or against you. Good luck!

Oprahboy

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 5, 2020
They are hormones in the body that react to weed. So scientist advises smokers to take minor quantities. The problem is getting high on highness. you can try to smoke for a month and not smoke the next month. In the process, when they are a lesser amount of THC in the body. Use this period to think of a boss move.

So that when you start smoking again after the break. You will have a good reason to smoke.

Don't take any life worthing decision when you are on weed. Most a time it will wind up with sweet object syndrome. When you have to forgo an initial idea for a better Idea. If you see any sign of this syndrome in you, please work on it.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Not for everyone. How much years, money, time, experiences wasted because of it, yet some people can pull it off.

My experience: 8/10 fail weed integration test.

The other 2/10 can basically do everything a normal person can whilst being active smokers.

I used to be from 8/10. What about you? I'd say if you're determined, do it when you don't have serious responsibilities then you can know where you stand.
I once designed an entire website in 4 hours while stoned. It was the best $3500 I ever made. It was also the last time I did that. Does not seem to be a long-term component to success.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
On a side note, I found this funny.

I wasn’t going to bite on this but

So Overbyte wasn't going to bite, but he couldn't not bite after all? That's a self-fulfilling forum name right there... :rofl:

Alexander Lesch

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Apr 21, 2020
Tauberbischofsheim, Germany
I would like to know if smoking weed has constraints in entrepreneurship
There‘s nothing wrong in having fun. You shall know the consequences for yourself. I think weed is energy killer and okay if you smoke it on the beach. Between working days I prefer going to sport or for a long walk, cause it gives you energy and does not remove it

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.