D
DeletedUser2
Guest
This Post is about @JasonR.
It includes Boris, and Andrew, But its mostly about a young man I know and what has happened in the last 4 months.
Boris, Andrew and Jason Recently Put on BnP 2014. in Scottsdale. They did an awesome job, and I want to acknowledge how much a$$ they kicked putting this together.
to me, it was a seamless experience.
food, drink, presentations, more food, more drink and more fun after the presentations.
I got to meet cool people and have fun, and basically just relax with all around neat people.
now about @JasonR.
I am 44 this year. I have been an entrepreneur in one phase or another since I was 21. Giving me a full 23 years of getting my Butt kicked, and building companies.
Now, I have mentored a few people over the years, and seen alot of crazy stuff. Some good some not so good.
When someone comes to me, and ask for help, I evaluate them, and decide if I can help them or not. Most of the time. its no.
they are not ready, they cant Listen, they cant HEAR what I have to say, then want to be RIGHT more than they want to be rich.
they have more limits in their head than I can deal with.... etc.
but honestly @JasonR has blown me away with a couple things.
He fell solidly in the "I want to be right, more than I want to be rich" category.
He came to my office, and when I explained to him the 1 thing that was holding him back. he wanted to argue, and be right.
OK, that's his right. more power to him. and I just go back to executing on my stuff.
But then he had a moment. I never really know what those moments are for other people. I have had a few of them in my life though. life changing flashes of insight, where everything will be different from then on
but the moment is this... its when you realize, maybe I don't know everything. Maybe I cant always be right, or maybe, Being Right, is keeping me broke, in the slowlane, and utterly miserable.
@JasonR had his moment, and made a decision.
the decision was actually pretty simple, and precipitated an number of events that change his life.
The decision was simply, I'm willing to give up being right, and seek guidance on being rich. (or at least leave behind the slowlane )
and he ceased to exist in a vacuum.
He stopped being a lone wolf, and started to seek out a pack that he could
1. learn from
2. ad value to.
and in the last 4 months, I have watched this young man, tear through dozens of obstacles, get laser focus, Grow a Pair of Steele Balls, and leap like there was a net.
and he has flown.
Im sure you have all seen his printer off a balcony story, and how far he has come, in such a short time.
from a full time job. to never EVER needing a job again. It wasn't just the niche, or the "product"
it was 2 things.
1. all the things you see on the forum every day, such as execution, and process, and research and hard work, and something else...
that something is so rare, I only get to see it at the early stage once ever 5 years or so.
something that he has in spades.
a belief.
I don't know exactly the shape of that belief. but I know what it does
it allows him to leap ever single day,
as if there was a net
its the ability to act in spite of the fears, or uncertainty, that comes with being a beginning fastlaner
its the ability to say, i will DO it, regardless.
and that's just what I wanted to say today. This weekend, I got to meet some awesome people on awesome journeys
but more importantly I got to see the birth of a new leader. the birth of a future fastlaner. much like a watching the birth of a new sun.
a rare thing, but its why I come here and help... purely in hopes of seeing a birth like this happen once in a great while...
@JasonR Your going to shine. thanks for that.
and Keep up the good work.
Z
It includes Boris, and Andrew, But its mostly about a young man I know and what has happened in the last 4 months.
Boris, Andrew and Jason Recently Put on BnP 2014. in Scottsdale. They did an awesome job, and I want to acknowledge how much a$$ they kicked putting this together.
to me, it was a seamless experience.
food, drink, presentations, more food, more drink and more fun after the presentations.
I got to meet cool people and have fun, and basically just relax with all around neat people.
now about @JasonR.
I am 44 this year. I have been an entrepreneur in one phase or another since I was 21. Giving me a full 23 years of getting my Butt kicked, and building companies.
Now, I have mentored a few people over the years, and seen alot of crazy stuff. Some good some not so good.
When someone comes to me, and ask for help, I evaluate them, and decide if I can help them or not. Most of the time. its no.
they are not ready, they cant Listen, they cant HEAR what I have to say, then want to be RIGHT more than they want to be rich.
they have more limits in their head than I can deal with.... etc.
but honestly @JasonR has blown me away with a couple things.
He fell solidly in the "I want to be right, more than I want to be rich" category.
He came to my office, and when I explained to him the 1 thing that was holding him back. he wanted to argue, and be right.
OK, that's his right. more power to him. and I just go back to executing on my stuff.
But then he had a moment. I never really know what those moments are for other people. I have had a few of them in my life though. life changing flashes of insight, where everything will be different from then on
but the moment is this... its when you realize, maybe I don't know everything. Maybe I cant always be right, or maybe, Being Right, is keeping me broke, in the slowlane, and utterly miserable.
@JasonR had his moment, and made a decision.
the decision was actually pretty simple, and precipitated an number of events that change his life.
The decision was simply, I'm willing to give up being right, and seek guidance on being rich. (or at least leave behind the slowlane )
and he ceased to exist in a vacuum.
He stopped being a lone wolf, and started to seek out a pack that he could
1. learn from
2. ad value to.
and in the last 4 months, I have watched this young man, tear through dozens of obstacles, get laser focus, Grow a Pair of Steele Balls, and leap like there was a net.
and he has flown.
Im sure you have all seen his printer off a balcony story, and how far he has come, in such a short time.
from a full time job. to never EVER needing a job again. It wasn't just the niche, or the "product"
it was 2 things.
1. all the things you see on the forum every day, such as execution, and process, and research and hard work, and something else...
that something is so rare, I only get to see it at the early stage once ever 5 years or so.
something that he has in spades.
a belief.
I don't know exactly the shape of that belief. but I know what it does
it allows him to leap ever single day,
as if there was a net
its the ability to act in spite of the fears, or uncertainty, that comes with being a beginning fastlaner
its the ability to say, i will DO it, regardless.
and that's just what I wanted to say today. This weekend, I got to meet some awesome people on awesome journeys
but more importantly I got to see the birth of a new leader. the birth of a future fastlaner. much like a watching the birth of a new sun.
a rare thing, but its why I come here and help... purely in hopes of seeing a birth like this happen once in a great while...
@JasonR Your going to shine. thanks for that.
and Keep up the good work.
Z
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
