The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building a Personal Brand and Becoming a One Man Media Company

Cam Rayan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Sep 25, 2022
Hey everyone!

Long-time lurker here, but finally joining the community as an official member.

My name is Cam Rayan, I work in cyber security for my day job, it pays the bills + more but I have a fire inside me that wants to create and build something of my own in this world.

This year I've decided to build my personal brand and become a "one man media company" in the mens self-improvement niche. My content strategy at the moment is to utilise three social medias; Twitter, Substack, and Instagram to build my personal brand.

What problem am I solving?

My male friends and family always come to me asking for advice in terms of fitness, money, relationships, etc. People often say that I'm the "big brother they never had". By expanding my audience from my IRL social circle to online, I can be the "big brother" for countless other men that are genuinely looking to improve themselves and their lives.

My chosen medium is the written word, mainly because I don't feel that I'm very charismatic on camera... and my writing skills are far better than my speaking skills if I'm being completely honest!

In terms of monetisation and productisation, I'm thinking that a digital course would be my best bet. A body transformation course with a workout program and diet plan etc. packaged into one shiny PDF perhaps? I'm not quite there yet.

Nonetheless, I have nothing to lose by building a personal brand - and I'm confident that it will pay dividends in the long run as an asset, no matter how I end up monetising my audience once I'm there.

Thank you for inspiring me @MJ DeMarco to take action, I'm about done with my golden handcuffs.

Watch this space.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The "personal trainer" and "coach" space is terribly saturated, and it doesn't help that everything today is done via video. You will be at a huge disadvantage if you don't go the video route because that is simply what the market demands, and expects.

Welcome aboard.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Hey everyone!

Long-time lurker here, but finally joining the community as an official member.

My name is Cam Rayan, I work in cyber security for my day job, it pays the bills + more but I have a fire inside me that wants to create and build something of my own in this world.

This year I've decided to build my personal brand and become a "one man media company" in the mens self-improvement niche. My content strategy at the moment is to utilise three social medias; Twitter, Substack, and Instagram to build my personal brand.

What problem am I solving?

My male friends and family always come to me asking for advice in terms of fitness, money, relationships, etc. People often say that I'm the "big brother they never had". By expanding my audience from my IRL social circle to online, I can be the "big brother" for countless other men that are genuinely looking to improve themselves and their lives.

My chosen medium is the written word, mainly because I don't feel that I'm very charismatic on camera... and my writing skills are far better than my speaking skills if I'm being completely honest!

In terms of monetisation and productisation, I'm thinking that a digital course would be my best bet. A body transformation course with a workout program and diet plan etc. packaged into one shiny PDF perhaps? I'm not quite there yet.

Nonetheless, I have nothing to lose by building a personal brand - and I'm confident that it will pay dividends in the long run as an asset, no matter how I end up monetising my audience once I'm there.

Thank you for inspiring me @MJ DeMarco to take action, I'm about done with my golden handcuffs.

Watch this space.
Hey Cam, I built a personal brand in the same space you're going after on tiktok. Not sure if you've started yet but if you dm me i may be able to help you out!

Stanley luna

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 5, 2022
Hey, I think being a personal trainer is still good, but I think also that giving your knowledge via video is necessary. When you write about social media like Twitter, Substack, and Instagram, I don't understand, why you want to start promoting yourself on just only three platforms, there is youtube, Facebook, and many other social media.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...