The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building A Personal Brand on YouTube in 2022

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Congrats on the progress. Keep pushing!

I had never heard of some of the YouTubers you mentioned so I just, moments ago, subbed to them all to check out their content later on. I just opened a video about the backstory for one of them
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX1UVQ_O0RY
and I saw this:

1675346417621.png

I wonder if he's a forum member incognito? LOL

I keep thinking that there has to be a better way to monetize. The whole situation of pushing content to sell info-products (courses), trinket-like merch, and consulting etc. just seems so over done. I need to spend more time on this thought.

I agree with your views on Graham Stephan. I also stopped watching Andrei Jikh. The magic just got to be too gimmicky and his pacing just felt a little...off... to me.

Anyway, like others I look forward to your grand reveal of the channel name so we can all follow along more closely and be as impressed of your content as your subscribers are.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 9, 2022
I wonder if he's a forum member incognito? LOL
Nope, he was an active member on here. He posts under the user "Valier". I'll attach his progress thread if you haven't gotten a chance to read it.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Nope, he was an active member on here. He posts under the user "Valier". I'll attach his progress thread if you haven't gotten a chance to read it.

That progress thread gave me goose-bumps.

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
It's the end of January so I thought I write this short update, the channel currently sits at 1,024 subscribers and over 2.6k watch time.

We already hit 1 of the benchmark before June so I'm pretty stoked! It's 1 less thing to think about.

Things are slowly coming together. It's a surreal feeling to see the market responding positively. I'm getting to the point where the rising stats are becoming my new normal so it's not as distracting as I wrote in the last update. If anything, I find peace in the change of pace because I can focus more on creating and producing and not worry about the numbers. This may change in the future if the numbers grow exponentially higher, but I'm sure I'll adjust.

It's a nice feeling to know that more than 1,000 strangers tuned in to what I make and choose to subscribe.

With that being said here's what I'm working on now.

1)keep improving my production quality and nail down a system to create quality content

2)keep a consistent upload and forget about the rest.

For these 2 things to be successful, I'll pay more details to my workflow and schedule. If I can get 2 of these things in check, I will be able to make the whole process smoother and not have to worry about downtime. Ideally, this is something replicable. That's where the bulk of my time will be spent until the next update.
You seem to be growing fast which is great news. I'm looking forward to reading future updates.
Great work.

Conso

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 2, 2023
It's the end of January so I thought I write this short update, the channel currently sits at 1,024 subscribers and over 2.6k watch time.

We already hit 1 of the benchmark before June so I'm pretty stoked! It's 1 less thing to think about.

Things are slowly coming together. It's a surreal feeling to see the market responding positively. I'm getting to the point where the rising stats are becoming my new normal so it's not as distracting as I wrote in the last update. If anything, I find peace in the change of pace because I can focus more on creating and producing and not worry about the numbers. This may change in the future if the numbers grow exponentially higher, but I'm sure I'll adjust.

It's a nice feeling to know that more than 1,000 strangers tuned in to what I make and choose to subscribe.

With that being said here's what I'm working on now.

1)keep improving my production quality and nail down a system to create quality content

2)keep a consistent upload and forget about the rest.

For these 2 things to be successful, I'll pay more details to my workflow and schedule. If I can get 2 of these things in check, I will be able to make the whole process smoother and not have to worry about downtime. Ideally, this is something replicable. That's where the bulk of my time will be spent until the next update.
Wooow! Keep up the good work!

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 9, 2022
It's been a little over 2 months since the last update.

I've got good news, bad news, and a few new goals to share with you.

The good news is I've completed the benchmark I set for June. The channel currently stands at 1.4k subs and 4.1k watch time.

The bad news is I made a mistake in the last 2 months that caused me to not grow as fast. It's a common mistake so I hope you will learn from my mistake and avoid it.

Mistake:

At the start of February, one of my content picked up traction and kind of went off the knockers. Let's call it content A. I capitalized on this and quickly started to publish videos on similar topics in February. The results were easily predicted: the content similar to content A did well. Keep in mind, I made the thumbnail of the iterations similar to the original content A too.

Somewhere in March, I decided to play around and introduce a new type of content to see how the viewers react. Let's call it content B. I thought content B would do well with the audience because it was a little different from content A but still had the same theme. I've seen bigger channels do the same thing and it worked for them. The production quality was a lot better too. So I thought it would perform...

DEAD wrong. Content B did so badly that it made me want to chew on iron nails and almost rethink my whole plans. Ok maybe not, and I'm dramatizing it a bit, but you get the point. I was pretty baffled but it was a lesson learned.

I've tried 2 more iterations of content B since and both performing not even 1/5 as well as content A. Say my usual content A gets 3,000 views in the first week, and content B would barely break the 500 views mark.

Here's my thought process. If you're an established personal brand with 1-2 Million subs you can post about anything you want and people would still watch you. You've already built a certain rapport with a 10-25% of your public audience(subscribers). Say an average viral hit of yours does well and attract 500-2M+ views. Even if you post a video and it doesn't perform as a viral video, that's still 100k-400k views(10-25% of your sub count). You might be wondering where am I getting these numbers from. This is just an observation from bigger channels in the same niche.

If you look at more established channels in your niche, you will see this same pattern.

So what should you do?

If you're in the same situation as me when the majority of your audience is subscribed to content A, keep making videos on content A. This is what others would call niching down or digging the same gold vein. This is what I will be doing.

I've mentioned in a previous post about grinding out the wave once one of your videos explodes... I guess the wave never ends because it'll just get bigger as you build on it.

Anyways. The plan is to roll out more videos similar to content A from now on. I plan on sticking to 4-7 quality a month.

Here are my new plans:

By October 06, 2023.

10x what I have right now in terms of subscribers and watch time.

1)So 14k sub and 41k hours of watch time.

2)Build out a weekly blog/newsletter to build out an email list(currently have 2 people).
--> The purpose of this is to 1) practice my writing skills and 2)connect with my audience on a deeper level.

I've thought of starting an Instagram page, but I don't think I'll touch it anytime soon as it can easily become an addiction/distraction. So just blogs/newsletters for now.

3)Build out 1 free product(a high value way to exchange for email).

4)Build 1 low-ticket product(a more Controllable source of revenue once I have an email list+to know who are the people willing to spend money).

Anyways. Hope that was useful. I'll give an update if I hit any new milestones.

pavan_k

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Apr 28, 2023
It's been a little over 2 months since the last update.

I've got good news, bad news, and a few new goals to share with you.

The good news is I've completed the benchmark I set for June. The channel currently stands at 1.4k subs and 4.1k watch time.

The bad news is I made a mistake in the last 2 months that caused me to not grow as fast. It's a common mistake so I hope you will learn from my mistake and avoid it.

Mistake:

At the start of February, one of my content picked up traction and kind of went off the knockers. Let's call it content A. I capitalized on this and quickly started to publish videos on similar topics in February. The results were easily predicted: the content similar to content A did well. Keep in mind, I made the thumbnail of the iterations similar to the original content A too.

Somewhere in March, I decided to play around and introduce a new type of content to see how the viewers react. Let's call it content B. I thought content B would do well with the audience because it was a little different from content A but still had the same theme. I've seen bigger channels do the same thing and it worked for them. The production quality was a lot better too. So I thought it would perform...

DEAD wrong. Content B did so badly that it made me want to chew on iron nails and almost rethink my whole plans. Ok maybe not, and I'm dramatizing it a bit, but you get the point. I was pretty baffled but it was a lesson learned.

I've tried 2 more iterations of content B since and both performing not even 1/5 as well as content A. Say my usual content A gets 3,000 views in the first week, and content B would barely break the 500 views mark.

Here's my thought process. If you're an established personal brand with 1-2 Million subs you can post about anything you want and people would still watch you. You've already built a certain rapport with a 10-25% of your public audience(subscribers). Say an average viral hit of yours does well and attract 500-2M+ views. Even if you post a video and it doesn't perform as a viral video, that's still 100k-400k views(10-25% of your sub count). You might be wondering where am I getting these numbers from. This is just an observation from bigger channels in the same niche.

If you look at more established channels in your niche, you will see this same pattern.

So what should you do?

If you're in the same situation as me when the majority of your audience is subscribed to content A, keep making videos on content A. This is what others would call niching down or digging the same gold vein. This is what I will be doing.

I've mentioned in a previous post about grinding out the wave once one of your videos explodes... I guess the wave never ends because it'll just get bigger as you build on it.

Anyways. The plan is to roll out more videos similar to content A from now on. I plan on sticking to 4-7 quality a month.

Here are my new plans:

By October 06, 2023.

10x what I have right now in terms of subscribers and watch time.

1)So 14k sub and 41k hours of watch time.

2)Build out a weekly blog/newsletter to build out an email list(currently have 2 people).
--> The purpose of this is to 1) practice my writing skills and 2)connect with my audience on a deeper level.

I've thought of starting an Instagram page, but I don't think I'll touch it anytime soon as it can easily become an addiction/distraction. So just blogs/newsletters for now.

3)Build out 1 free product(a high value way to exchange for email).

4)Build 1 low-ticket product(a more Controllable source of revenue once I have an email list+to know who are the people willing to spend money).

Anyways. Hope that was useful. I'll give an update if I hit any new milestones.
Do you mind sharing the channel link - quite interested to see the content your posting

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 9, 2022
Do you mind sharing the channel link - quite interested to see the content your posting

Thanks for your interest.

I'm not at the point where I can share the channel without it affecting my CTR or watch time. I've only sent the link to 1 person on this forum and it was because I wanted to see him build something out of youtube too.

You might not realize this but sharing links and plugging your videos on public forums(essentially pushing your content to a variety of different audiences) does more harm than good, IF the channel is still relatively small and IF your content is not an outlier. I might be entirely wrong on this, but I stand by this idea after thoroughly researching. (You might ask well why is that?)

Youtube does not know who to recommend your videos to at the beginning. Each person who watches your video is tagged with a different set of interests by the algorithm. What happens if you send your video to a person who's in an older age group than your intended audience? Low watch time. The algorithm thinks oh F*ck this guy's video sucks. What happens if you send your video to a person who watches the first 30 seconds of your video because he has a different interest? Low watch time. Again his content sucks.

But that's not necessarily true. The wrong people who do not NEED your content are watching your stuff.

Well, then how do you find the right people? Let youtube take its time to index your videos organically(that's my hypothesis). It's a game of probability. The more you produce+ the better your content is, then the better your chances of you getting recommended to the right people.

The point isn't to grow fast or rake in an endless amount of views. The point is to produce enough content so the algorithm knows who's the intended audience of your channel and have these people watch your stuff. You don't want a bunch of random eyeballs. You want to build a community of people who loves you and your content.

I've highlighted everything I've done up until this point except plugging the channel. My editing style is close to a few YouTubers I've mentioned before.
I take many elements I find amazing from the channel Jake Tran, Lemmino, internet historian, and James Jani.

If you go through some of my threads, you'll see where or how I learned my storytelling from.

I haven't hidden anything and it'll be that way even if I'm marking fast or slow progress.

Anyways hope that helps. I will get to the point where I can disclose the links, but before then just read and follow the breadcrumbs!

pavan_k

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Apr 28, 2023
Thanks for your interest.

I'm not at the point where I can share the channel without it affecting my CTR or watch time. I've only sent the link to 1 person on this forum and it was because I wanted to see him build something out of youtube too.

You might not realize this but sharing links and plugging your videos on public forums(essentially pushing your content to a variety of different audiences) does more harm than good, IF the channel is still relatively small and IF your content is not an outlier. I might be entirely wrong on this, but I stand by this idea after thoroughly researching. (You might ask well why is that?)

Youtube does not know who to recommend your videos to at the beginning. Each person who watches your video is tagged with a different set of interests by the algorithm. What happens if you send your video to a person who's in an older age group than your intended audience? Low watch time. The algorithm thinks oh F*ck this guy's video sucks. What happens if you send your video to a person who watches the first 30 seconds of your video because he has a different interest? Low watch time. Again his content sucks.

But that's not necessarily true. The wrong people who do not NEED your content are watching your stuff.

Well, then how do you find the right people? Let youtube take its time to index your videos organically(that's my hypothesis). It's a game of probability. The more you produce+ the better your content is, then the better your chances of you getting recommended to the right people.

The point isn't to grow fast or rake in an endless amount of views. The point is to produce enough content so the algorithm knows who's the intended audience of your channel and have these people watch your stuff. You don't want a bunch of random eyeballs. You want to build a community of people who loves you and your content.

I've highlighted everything I've done up until this point except plugging the channel. My editing style is close to a few YouTubers I've mentioned before.

If you go through some of my threads, you'll see where or how I learned my storytelling from.

I haven't hidden anything and it'll be that way even if I'm marking fast or slow progress.

Anyways hope that helps. I will get to the point where I can disclose the links, but before then just read and follow the breadcrumbs!
Yup I understand that! However, I don't think sharing your channel with a handful of people is going to make much of a difference, YouTube is smart, and just sharing a link with a couple of people won't affect the stats too dramatically.

+ you seem to have 1k subscribers (congratulations btw) which means YouTube has a decent understanding of what sort of content your making.

However, it's all down to you - you don't have to share the channel if you don't want to : )

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 9, 2022
Any updates ?

I'm about to sleep but here's the update.

I think I've figured out a winning formula that works for my channel. Plus I made a whopping $13.88 from ad sense so far in the last 3 months LMAO!).

If I was focused on money and wanted FAST cash then working on a personal brand is almost a guaranteed way to sleep on the street. But again, we're in it for a long run (3-5 years+) and I think I just cracked the code for growth. But more about that in a bit.

I'll let you in on some things I've learned so far. This is actually pulled from a DM I sent out to a Fastlaner on the forum but I think at least one other person can find it useful.

The topic is on focus and keeping myself on track. How to not get stumped and lose momentum. For the past few weeks ever since I got to know the winning formula I've gained some crazy energy and focus because finally...

I can see the finish line. I have been working like a dog during the day and sleeping like a baby at night because I can see the results. It's almost here...

Anyways 3 things that have been keeping me at my desk from the minute I wake up to the minute I fall asleep(besides the gym, cooking, showering, and toilet!).

1) have a rough idea of what I need to do monthly to reach my yearly goal of uploading 100 videos,
2) do things in batches, and lastly
3) constantly remind myself to focus on getting to the big numbers in terms of upload.

1)
In the past, I tried to upload around 2-4 videos a month. My initial goal was to upload around 7 videos if you read my previous posts, but the editing and production value that I was happy with took way longer than I imagined. I'm a low-key perfectionist so instead of working on quantity, I obsessed over learning editing/scripting/and experimenting with what a bigger channel would do. If you're anything like me you might fall into this pitfall too. So now, I think more videos + marginally improving each video = faster feedback vs less video + huge improvement = slower feedback.

Feedback is everything. If you don't get the feedback you will stay in the desert of desertion for much longer than you would want to. Do everything that it takes to see feedback.

2) Batching. I had a lot of downtime between each video in the past because I didn't prepare scripts/videos in advance. Downtime = breaks momentum = easily sidetracked. This is where batching things comes in. What I find helpful and have been working for me is batching what I need to do. This allows me to get more stuff done AND get better at things faster. (you can learn more about this in the 4-hour work week)

For example, if I write a script, I don't just write 1 video. I write out(at the moment) 4-6 videos now. This keeps the pipeline full after I finish each video and I always have something to do. During my editing period, I use either Notion or Milanote to write down inspirations/topics for my next batches of videos. I highly suggest using milanote to capture and mind map. My current ideas and stuff look like a spider web.
spider web.png

I find that whenever I batch videos, I subconsciously know I have more things to do. So it's harder for me to get sidetracked because I'm constantly thinking "I got better things to do". Batching is basically a system for you to not have downtime to think about other things.

3) Lastly. Big numbers.

During that period of making 2-4 videos a month(late winter-late spring), I found out that my progress was not as fast as I liked it to be. Only working on 2-4 videos a month meant that if 1 or 2 didn't perform, I'd feel like shit. Even if I was happy with the video quality. The algorithm of youtube does not have a lot of data to test my content. In hindsight, I was learning how to edit as well as a multitude of other things but I was not happy with the results. So...

Now I'm planning to crank it up to 4-8 videos a month like I initially wanted. I can keep the same if not improved quality as my previous videos since I'm quite familiar with the video production process now.

I strongly believe that by having more videos, you have better chances of one of the videos becoming viral. 100 videos is my goal by the end of this year. It'd be pretty cool to hit at least 10k subs with 100 videos aha. By focusing on bigger numbers, I can just say "Let's go to the next video" after I finish one.

This idea (that more videos = more chances of growing faster) encourages me to keep my head down longer and not worry too much about the little things.

More things to do = less time to think = more time to get busy with getting closer to hitting a home run

extras: Drinking black coffee also helps me too. Fasting for the majority of the day keeps my sugar level constant so I don't get brain fog(easier to focus on what you need to do). Working out right after I wake up sets the tempo for the day and builds my momentum. Journaling(or auto-saving) every now and then helps me refocus if I am off track.

Ok, next up is the winning formula.

winning forumla.png

If you look at those spikes. Those are the periods in the last 5 months that I have gotten asymmetric growth. This is something you want if you want to build a youtube channel that has the potential to go viral. Asymmetric growth.

You will only get to this point if you've been throwing shit into the youtube ecosystem and seeing which one will stick. ALSO. You must be improving with every upload. You shouldn't be making a mistake twice in editing, scripting, etc.

The first spike happened for a video focused on superficial productivity/consumerism/discipline stuff that was very polarizing. The second spike was the same thing. The third spike, which happened 4 days ago, was the same thing.

I guess that's what seems to click with the audience I have at the moment. That's the market telling me to go into that direction.

You see how in between those spikes I'd still upload. Those videos I thought were some of my best work but it was too deep for the audience. Those videos were also much longer than the videos that went berserk. 6~13 minutes seems to be my sweet spot but the videos I've been posting were pretty long one of them was at 22 minutes.

So my plan is to hammer down 6-8 videos on the same topic as those that produced high spikes until I reach 100 uploads. Superficial but still high value and better than what's current in the niche. I am confident 100% that we got this in the bag.

I've also got a system down that I could upload 6-8 or even more videos of very high quality in a month. But that's pretty much all.

It has been a slow grind and still is. It's not easy money. But everything is starting to make sense for me. My editing skill is there. I know what content I should make to go viral and how to do it...

I wouldn't have it any other way because right now I'm experiencing the process and growth I've been reading about here on TFLF. I'm finally seeing what it means to be obsess on a single goal day in and day out. It's just coffee and work. Gym. And sleep.

10:45 PM, signing out

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
I'm about to sleep but here's the update.

I think I've figured out a winning formula that works for my channel. Plus I made a whopping $13.88 from ad sense so far in the last 3 months LMAO!).

If I was focused on money and wanted FAST cash then working on a personal brand is almost a guaranteed way to sleep on the street. But again, we're in it for a long run (3-5 years+) and I think I just cracked the code for growth. But more about that in a bit.

I'll let you in on some things I've learned so far. This is actually pulled from a DM I sent out to a Fastlaner on the forum but I think at least one other person can find it useful.

The topic is on focus and keeping myself on track. How to not get stumped and lose momentum. For the past few weeks ever since I got to know the winning formula I've gained some crazy energy and focus because finally...

I can see the finish line. I have been working like a dog during the day and sleeping like a baby at night because I can see the results. It's almost here...

Anyways 3 things that have been keeping me at my desk from the minute I wake up to the minute I fall asleep(besides the gym, cooking, showering, and toilet!).

1) have a rough idea of what I need to do monthly to reach my yearly goal of uploading 100 videos,
2) do things in batches, and lastly
3) constantly remind myself to focus on getting to the big numbers in terms of upload.

1)
In the past, I tried to upload around 2-4 videos a month. My initial goal was to upload around 7 videos if you read my previous posts, but the editing and production value that I was happy with took way longer than I imagined. I'm a low-key perfectionist so instead of working on quantity, I obsessed over learning editing/scripting/and experimenting with what a bigger channel would do. If you're anything like me you might fall into this pitfall too. So now, I think more videos + marginally improving each video = faster feedback vs less video + huge improvement = slower feedback.

Feedback is everything. If you don't get the feedback you will stay in the desert of desertion for much longer than you would want to. Do everything that it takes to see feedback.

2) Batching. I had a lot of downtime between each video in the past because I didn't prepare scripts/videos in advance. Downtime = breaks momentum = easily sidetracked. This is where batching things comes in. What I find helpful and have been working for me is batching what I need to do. This allows me to get more stuff done AND get better at things faster. (you can learn more about this in the 4-hour work week)

For example, if I write a script, I don't just write 1 video. I write out(at the moment) 4-6 videos now. This keeps the pipeline full after I finish each video and I always have something to do. During my editing period, I use either Notion or Milanote to write down inspirations/topics for my next batches of videos. I highly suggest using milanote to capture and mind map. My current ideas and stuff look like a spider web.
View attachment 49158

I find that whenever I batch videos, I subconsciously know I have more things to do. So it's harder for me to get sidetracked because I'm constantly thinking "I got better things to do". Batching is basically a system for you to not have downtime to think about other things.

3) Lastly. Big numbers.

During that period of making 2-4 videos a month(late winter-late spring), I found out that my progress was not as fast as I liked it to be. Only working on 2-4 videos a month meant that if 1 or 2 didn't perform, I'd feel like shit. Even if I was happy with the video quality. The algorithm of youtube does not have a lot of data to test my content. In hindsight, I was learning how to edit as well as a multitude of other things but I was not happy with the results. So...

Now I'm planning to crank it up to 4-8 videos a month like I initially wanted. I can keep the same if not improved quality as my previous videos since I'm quite familiar with the video production process now.

I strongly believe that by having more videos, you have better chances of one of the videos becoming viral. 100 videos is my goal by the end of this year. It'd be pretty cool to hit at least 10k subs with 100 videos aha. By focusing on bigger numbers, I can just say "Let's go to the next video" after I finish one.

This idea (that more videos = more chances of growing faster) encourages me to keep my head down longer and not worry too much about the little things.

More things to do = less time to think = more time to get busy with getting closer to hitting a home run

extras: Drinking black coffee also helps me too. Fasting for the majority of the day keeps my sugar level constant so I don't get brain fog(easier to focus on what you need to do). Working out right after I wake up sets the tempo for the day and builds my momentum. Journaling(or auto-saving) every now and then helps me refocus if I am off track.

Ok, next up is the winning formula.

View attachment 49157

If you look at those spikes. Those are the periods in the last 5 months that I have gotten asymmetric growth. This is something you want if you want to build a youtube channel that has the potential to go viral. Asymmetric growth.

You will only get to this point if you've been throwing shit into the youtube ecosystem and seeing which one will stick. ALSO. You must be improving with every upload. You shouldn't be making a mistake twice in editing, scripting, etc.

The first spike happened for a video focused on superficial productivity/consumerism/discipline stuff that was very polarizing. The second spike was the same thing. The third spike, which happened 4 days ago, was the same thing.

I guess that's what seems to click with the audience I have at the moment. That's the market telling me to go into that direction.

You see how in between those spikes I'd still upload. Those videos I thought were some of my best work but it was too deep for the audience. Those videos were also much longer than the videos that went berserk. 6~13 minutes seems to be my sweet spot but the videos I've been posting were pretty long one of them was at 22 minutes.

So my plan is to hammer down 6-8 videos on the same topic as those that produced high spikes until I reach 100 uploads. Superficial but still high value and better than what's current in the niche. I am confident 100% that we got this in the bag.

I've also got a system down that I could upload 6-8 or even more videos of very high quality in a month. But that's pretty much all.

It has been a slow grind and still is. It's not easy money. But everything is starting to make sense for me. My editing skill is there. I know what content I should make to go viral and how to do it...

I wouldn't have it any other way because right now I'm experiencing the process and growth I've been reading about here on TFLF. I'm finally seeing what it means to be obsess on a single goal day in and day out. It's just coffee and work. Gym. And sleep.

10:45 PM, signing out
Good afternoon! Can we see Your youtube channel? Just out of curiosity. If you prefer it to be private at the moment, It's understandable, noproblem.

Thanks in advance :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.