The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

IndolentFastlanr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 6, 2019
Is there any news about the integration between PayPal and Cryptos?. In Argentina we need something like that now, is a massacre what happened when you want to import your hard-earned dollars.
Note that with PayPal, you do not actually own your own crypto. Only an IOU version of it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015
What do you guys think about XRP?

Right now all my portfolio is invested in it - I've bought the majority at 0.40. The plan is to exit the position when it reaches $1+ and get back to BTC (hopefully in a still low price).

@James Fend What's your opinion on XRP reaching $2+ on 2021 Q1?

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
The question on my mind is who the heck is buying at these prices? 99+% bot activity?

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
The question on my mind is who the heck is buying at these prices? 99+% bot activity?

People think this is expensive. That's others edge.

This party is under way and will be underway for some time.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
If you average into your positions, you don't mind buying some highs, especially if it breaks resistance.
Every time BTC has broken a previous ATH, it has gone to the moon.

Risk/Reward. It's a good buy.

As long as you don't put all your chips on the table in one hit, it isn't an issue.

Your investment time horizon is important to factor in as well.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I started buying bitcoin in May.

I only wish I had the capital I have now back then to put in lol.

nitrousflame

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 7, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
3OZDBkT.png

View: https://i.imgur.com/3OZDBkT.png

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
Yeah not gonna lie...definitely kicking myself for not getting into bitcoin months ago when it was less than 5k. When it comes around a third time...I won't sleep on it.

nitrousflame

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 7, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I have my doubts about the stock to flow model, but we should know one way or the other within the next year or so. Things rarely go up exponentially indefinitely, but never say never and all that.

Also, re: price pushing past prior multi-year ATH:
View: https://twitter.com/sentimentrader/status/1339625011125075979

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
View attachment 36007

A buddy of mine keeps sharing this graph. I have some money in BTC since a few years, and I think I'll hold on to it for a few more years. Let's see what'll happen.

It's based on this article: Modeling Bitcoin Value with Scarcity
Posted an article about an alternative "capped stock to flow" model a few pages back. Pretty similar projected development up until now ... then the models diverge and we approach $100,000 in 2024, not $1,000,000. Something to help manage expectations. Among other things the uncapped stock to flow model seems to imply a >120% adoption rate at some point:

Last edited:

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
Thanks for sharing your views. It's good to know I need to get my hands on a few more BTC before I can retire in 2024 ;)

And now that prices are going up again, it's good to remember this post from exactly 7 years back: I AM HODLING

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
What do you guys think about XRP?

Right now all my portfolio is invested in it - I've bought the majority at 0.40. The plan is to exit the position when it reaches $1+ and get back to BTC (hopefully in a still low price).

@James Fend What's your opinion on XRP reaching $2+ on 2021 Q1?

I climbed from 0.40 to 0.65 with xrp. And then exited my entire position.

I was enamored by charts and bullshit predictions at first, hopes for the price climbing "to the moon".

A closer examination of XRP and Ripple, the company, scared the hell out of me. Everyone has their own opinion, but I personally hate the xrp model. It's centralized, which defeats the purpose of crypto imo, but moreover, the company, Ripple, has blessed itself with close to half of the XRP reserve. Think about that next time you hope to outsmart the market and "cash out rich".

I see it as a pump and dump model and not much more. The company Ripple announces "partnerships" with financial institutions by offering them XRP (remember Ripple owns a shit ton of XRP coins they gave themselves), poor chaps rush in to buy useless coins, the parent company Ripple dumps it's worthless coins into the marketplace and realizes fiat usd currency for its stakeholders.

Everyone wanting XRP to "go to the moon " is not considering that valuation based on the merit of the technology, they're sniffing hopeum with chartology and wanting to get crypto rich. For XRP to get to the $13 price target many have set for it based on fib retracements, the market cap would have to exceed $1trillion usd.

Buy XRP if you believe in the tech, if you believe it will have widespread adoption, and if you believe you'll be able to USE that coin. But if the hope is just to "cash out" and be filthy rich - just remember somebody would have to deem your coins worth that amount. But if everybody is busy "cashing out", who's actually left that genuinely wants to own and use XRP coins?

Disclaimer: I'm no expert and offer no investment advice. Only my subjective perspective.

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015

I was enamored by charts and bullshit predictions at first, hopes for the price climbing "to the moon".

A closer examination of XRP and Ripple, the company, scared the hell out of me. Everyone has their own opinion, but I personally hate the xrp model. It's centralized, which defeats the purpose of crypto imo, but moreover, the company, Ripple, has blessed itself with close to half of the XRP reserve. Think about that next time you hope to outsmart the market and "cash out rich".

I see it as a pump and dump model and not much more. The company Ripple announces "partnerships" with financial institutions by offering them XRP (remember Ripple owns a shit ton of XRP coins they gave themselves), poor chaps rush in to buy useless coins, the parent company Ripple dumps it's worthless coins into the marketplace and realizes fiat usd currency for its stakeholders.

Everyone wanting XRP to "go to the moon " is not considering that valuation based on the merit of the technology, they're sniffing hopeum with chartology and wanting to get crypto rich. For XRP to get to the $13 price target many have set for it based on fib retracements, the market cap would have to exceed $1trillion usd.

Buy XRP if you believe in the tech, if you believe it will have widespread adoption, and if you believe you'll be able to USE that coin. But if the hope is just to "cash out" and be filthy rich - just remember somebody would have to deem your coins worth that amount. But if everybody is busy "cashing out", who's actually left that genuinely wants to own and use XRP coins?

Disclaimer: I'm no expert and offer no investment advice. Only my subjective perspective.
Thanks brother. You are absolutely right and I learned a LOT from your perspective.

My vision is clearer now.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015

Yes, it´s a pump n dump. The fact is big money is preparing to pump price "to the moon". And those who can see that will make good returns here because RR is bigger 3.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Kind of what I see and my game plan...

5C4CF8B8-7788-4F72-852D-EE9452FCFAA7.JPG

and XRP (I just trade it, careless about tech rn), oh FUDDY how I love thee. This SEC "lawsuit" is merely a political move. Trump is on a roll to tie up some loose ends to get some last laugh, etc. (XRP who supported Biden, pardons, etc. etc.). The SEC has much, much bigger fish to fry... ya know, like how to deal with Economic collapse, implosion, depression, inflation, controlling chaos of $2,200,000,000,000 and likely $900,000,000,000 coming. Once Biden is in; the SEC will likely put about 10% effort into actually pursuing XRP.. and the outcome will be much like the Tether FUD which is still around, live, and kicking well.

1. Looks exactly like a "blood in the streets" and "fear paralysis" situation to me. Strong Buy in the $.28-$.30 range.

2. A lot of emotional and irrational panic selling by retail traders, evidenced by XLM and other alt coins that share completely different DNA (like true decentralization and can't even be in the same 'security or not' argument) dumped as well, not as much, but at the same time.

3. This also leads me into this: INSTITUTION MONEY IS MUCH MUCH LARGER IN BITCOIN THAT I HAD THOUGHT. While all that was happening to XRP and alts, etc.. Bitcoin hardly budged. You know why? Cause Institutions don't panic sell and they are likely much much less in any alts... Hence, exactly why things unfolded EXACTLY the way it did. BULLISH BULLISH BULLISH.

WITH $900,000,000,000 COMING SOONER OR LATER
(plus the many other big countries printing money) + INFLATION FEAR + MAINSTREAM ADOPTION WELL INTO LATE TRACTION STAGE + INSTITUTION HOLDING FOR AT LEAST 300%+ GAINS MINIMUM TARGETS (Follow the money: they wouldn't be spending $Millions on CNBC ads to just get 50% profits, thats for sure.) + ANTI-CRYPTO PRESIDENT LEAVING OFFICE (let's remember who pressured and forced thru CME and CBOE institutional Shorting instrument of Bitcoin at all time highs last time.. cause its likely mostly owned by his enemy China) =

$100,000 BITCOIN EASY. NOT A MATTER OF IF, BUT WHEN.

C148C32D-428A-4B6A-9D24-DB90F987D228.JPG

Last edited:

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
Where is the BTC pullback to 17k? :)

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Where is the BTC pullback to 17k? :)
I personally think we hit 17k again over Q1 (historically that's BTCs worst quarter for many reasons, including Lunar New Year). Once we tap that again, I think we are going to see a massive bull run.

23,200 seems much too high to me as the support from which we bounce into a bull run. 20k and 23k is barely even a support on the charts, and Q1 has historically been a softening of the BTC market.

I plan to increase my position in BTC by 20-30% of my current holdings (assuming my price prediction of 17k comes into play)

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
and XRP (I just trade it, careless about tech rn), oh FUDDY how I love thee. This SEC "lawsuit" is merely a political move. Trump is on a roll to tie up some loose ends to get some last laugh, etc. (XRP who supported Biden, pardons, etc. etc.). The SEC has much, much bigger fish to fry... ya know, like how to deal with Economic collapse, implosion, depression, inflation, controlling chaos of $2,200,000,000,000 and likely $900,000,000,000 coming. Once Biden is in; the SEC will likely put about 10% effort into actually pursuing XRP.. and the outcome will be much like the Tether FUD which is still around, live, and kicking well.

I think you may be downplaying the impact of this SEC news. Even if it's just a political move, this is very devastating to XRP because:
  1. XRP was always based on working well within the establishment, and this hurts the brand since the establishment they are working in is actively trying to hurt them. It shoots a hole in the notion that XRP is "establishment safe".
  2. The docs coming out from XRP CEO in response to the charges are shockingly anti-crypto, which, again, hurts the brand very badly.
  3. The docs are also showing that the company can't actually get banks to use Ripple nor XRP, so the whole notion that the tech will take off just got blasted with a shotgun.
  4. Ripple doesn't even need the XRP token for it's value prop, and I personally agree with the SEC that it's effectively been using the XRP token as a security in the future of the Ripple company/product, not as a currency.
I think there's a probability that XRP recovers from this, but those odds seem slim to me.

XRP was always a doomed project, IMO, and this is the beginning of the end for them. With crypto, you can't be in the game half way. You can't have one foot in the established financial system, or they will grab that leg and hold you under water until you die.

It's like the guy who used to hang out with Grizzly bears and say they were so cool and friendly and his family - then one F*cking ate him.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I think you may be downplaying the impact of this SEC news. Even if it's just a political move, this is very devastating to XRP because:

Interestingly; I agree with you on everything. I think our time frames are where things may not match; this is what I am thinking.

Most "bubble" rising and falling generally follow a trend; in this case, I have been using two scenarios since months ago for XRP: ETH in 2017 and Mt. Gox in 2014.

1. Yes, XRP will fall.. well.. cause it sucks as a crypto lol. But the actual falling is not equal to today's dump imo.

On the Mt. Gox one; its eerily similar.. meaning the first time they got a big ol' law suit based on their operations was mid 2013, in which it dumped bad, but recovered very quickly.. not just recover super quick V bounce like, but... entered a full blown bull run months later.... same exact volume patterns of XRP of this week.

Litigation took so long (as with this XRP case I suppose) that it was a full half-year in 2014 before the dominoes began to fall on their own. The trends, tops, bottoms, bounces, etc. all match up with XRP right now. We can say... errr... somewhere around mid-2013 right now.. some serious eyebrows, but ahhh... new President, getting back to post-Covid life, etc. etc.. I think XRP's troubles go in the back burner for the next few months.

Everything I analyzed had Bitcoin hitting $75k-$100k-or whatever the top will be in 4, 5, or 6 month time frame. With it's exponential trend, this run up to the top will happen quick, kind of like mid-2017 to late-2017 in a matter of months.

By the time the SEC is remotely even ready to do anything; we've had entered another 2-4 year bear market with crypto. Late spring, summer of 2021?

2017 Hype = Bitcoin is a currency! The future!

2020 Hype = Bitcoin is digital gold! For the inflation and money printing!

But... soon, post-Covid life, we will forget about all that and realize.. meh, money printing was so long time ago, I don't think Bitcoin is worth $100k... andddddd.... bear market. (kind of like, ya know, how the Surgeon General was yelling at us to stop using masks cause they don't work not even 1%... how fast we forget things lol)

2. XRP is a whale's playground. A paradise. It's huge market cap, easy charts to see where to accumulate, obvious big spikes on where to sell, the liquidity.. Ya know, as long as it makes profit; who kind of cares? Kind of like Tulip trading. I don't think they let it die... at all.. while Bitcoin is running a party along with every other alt. The ones that sold $.60 and above will just pour their money right back in around this $.20s, low $.30s area to support floor it... and XRP ends up being right there in the mix of the party of crypto for the 2021 bull run.

I think the XRP party ends with this next bear market of Bitcoin is all I'm saying.. but that matches up with everything you're saying as well. And I think the bear market ends the Bitcoin $100k party once people forget how much money we printed and 'ahh the need for digital gold to hedge!!' is over when we're back in swimming pools and Vegas trying to catch up on the entire year of life we missed.

Last edited:

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Bitcoin should be viewed as a long term investment in my view.

I will NOT be selling my BTC at all. Maybe within the next 10 years I will.

I will keep DCA into it over time.

I have alts however that I do plan on selling a portion of in this next run, but not my entire stack.

Last edited:

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Cryptocurrency is more easily understood if you compare them to social netowrks.

Even if a new Facebook comes out that's better, it's useless if it has no network or users.

The same logic applies to crypto.

ETH and BTC have such a strong network effect behind them now that they are hard to stop.

The possibility of BTC going to 0 is so slim it's not even worth worrying about, in my view.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Everything I analyzed had Bitcoin hitting $75k-$100k-or whatever the top will be in 4, 5, or 6 month time frame. With it's exponential trend, this run up to the top will happen quick, kind of like mid-2017 to late-2017 in a matter of months.
This is what concerns me with trading. The trend is everyone thinks this will happen. If that's the case, it might do the opposite.

Trading is such a low ROI and ROTI activity, in my view. You are far better of buying, DCA, and holding than worrying about this.

You might be a great trader and the exception, but in my view, you are always better off buying and DCA into BTC over the long term and will vastly outperform traders with that strategy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.