The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Beer & Pancakes 2010 info

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks to everyone who attend the B&P. I had good time and have learned a lot from all of you.

I would love to see all of you next year! Let's get back to work, so we can all show off our success next year!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Had a GREAT time! Thanks to all the locals for putting this together for us tourists. Fantastic presentations - I especially enjoyed MJ's videos.

Big thanks to Mike and Danielle for being awesome, awesome hosts! Sorry for getting you in hot water last night.

And a GIGANTIC thanks to Bill for the marketing idea!!! That idea is going to explode my business!

...On our ride back to the airport, Sparlin and I had an Ethiopian taxi driver, he mentioned that in his country they regard their friends as family. I know how he feels - being around you guys, I feel the same way.

You're good people. I appreciate all of you.

drmctcher

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Sep 14, 2009
Phoenix Metro
I'm sorry that I had to miss, the presentations this morning (SUN), but family is my very FIRST priority. With that being said, I can't thank you ALL enough for the great time I had the B&P. I learned so much to be able to narrow down some of my ideas and run with them, also to run each idea though MJ's 5 commandments. I hope know one felt like I was there to only take and not share info. I tried to present something of substance during my presentation, that might help at least one person, since I have no current business, internet or RE knowledge to share with the group.
I greatly appreciate each and every presentation that was given. Also a BIG thanks to all those who prepared and organized the whole event, it was awesome. Looking forward to next year. I hope all of you out-of -towners made it home in one piece.
Thanks again for the great event !!!
:thankyousign:

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The big question, who do we blame for bringing us this epically shitty weather!? WTF happened to the warm sunshine??!

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
...On our ride back to the airport, Sparlin and I had an Ethiopian taxi driver, he mentioned that in his country they regard their friends as family. I know how he feels - being around you guys, I feel the same way.

You're good people. I appreciate all of you.
THIS is what the B&P is about. Rep+ I LOVE my family!

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
The big question, who do we blame for bringing us this epically shitty weather!? WTF happened to the warm sunshine??!

Sorry. That was me.

I've been followed by crappy weather on several trips.

Evacuated from hurricanes. Flight delays due to tornadoes.

When I go into the sunny end of a car wash, I'll come out the other end in a snow storm.

My apologies :smx1:

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
My entire family accompanied me to this year's event. Although their participation was limited to the after presentation activities, they both came away from the event with much insight regarding what the meet-up is.

The first night out for supper my family was graced with opportunity to enjoy the entire meal with MJ. Thanks MJ for getting to know my family and putting up with our somewhat demented sense of humor (for those who may not know, I have been "stalking" MJ for years) and realistic political views. ;) Humor aside, what I will take away from that evening is the memory of watching how MJ interacted with my son. And how he allowed my son opportunities to expound on his opinions to determine our son's thought process. Somewhat regrettably, my son did not use these opportunities to articulate himself in his usual manner. In discussion about this during the ride home we came to find out that because both mom and dad had recognized this opportunity we had been anxiously and excitingly awaiting our son's reply which our son interpreted as us "staring" at him and he became completely uncomfortable so decided not to elaborate his views at all. In any case, THANKS MJ! It was fun.

My son also came with me to the BBQ at the Mariani's. It was here that he got to talk to all the "nerds" and "weird" people that mom so much enjoys being around. BTW, I don't think of any of us as nerds or weird... well, maybe we all are... and is that a bad thing? Walking away from the BBQ, inspired my son to want to join the forum; so we will see. That ball is now in HIS court. He would, I believe, become the youngest member of the forum.

My husband is not much of a social person, although in a social environment he is often very much involved in intelligent and memorable conversation. The B&P event is not his idea of a good time but he does understand MY need and desire for being involved with it. He "gets" the networking aspect and easily recognized the amount of high intelligence regarding business entrepreneurship and investment ideas that were flowing.

Wrapping this up I just want to say THANKS to all who put the event together, THANKS to all that attended, and THANKS for accepting me and my family.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My entire family accompanied me to this year's event. Although their participation was limited to the after presentation activities, they both came away from the event with much insight regarding what the meet-up is.

The first night out for supper my family was graced with opportunity to enjoy the entire meal with MJ. Thanks MJ for getting to know my family and putting up with our somewhat demented sense of humor (for those who may not know, I have been "stalking" MJ for years) and realistic political views. ;) Humor aside, what I will take away from that evening is the memory of watching how MJ interacted with my son. And how he allowed my son opportunities to expound on his opinions to determine our son's thought process. Somewhat regrettably, my son did not use these opportunities to articulate himself in his usual manner. In discussion about this during the ride home we came to find out that because both mom and dad had recognized this opportunity we had been anxiously and excitingly awaiting our son's reply which our son interpreted as us "staring" at him and he became completely uncomfortable so decided not to elaborate his views at all. In any case, THANKS MJ! It was fun.

My son also came with me to the BBQ at the Mariani's. It was here that he got to talk to all the "nerds" and "weird" people that mom so much enjoys being around. BTW, I don't think of any of us as nerds or weird... well, maybe we all are... and is that a bad thing? Walking away from the BBQ, inspired my son to want to join the forum; so we will see. That ball is now in HIS court. He would, I believe, become the youngest member of the forum.

My husband is not much of a social person, although in a social environment he is often very much involved in intelligent and memorable conversation. The B&P event is not his idea of a good time but he does understand MY need and desire for being involved with it. He "gets" the networking aspect and easily recognized the amount of high intelligence regarding business entrepreneurship and investment ideas that were flowing.

Wrapping this up I just want to say THANKS to all who put the event together, THANKS to all that attended, and THANKS for accepting me and my family.

I thoroughly enjoyed dinner with your family! IT WAS A BLAST!! By the end of dinner, our table was the last one sitting and we probably could have sat there and talked another 2 hours, discussing the latest current events ... the nice time also makes me realize how much I miss by not having a son (or a daughter) ... maybe someday!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Andres.... dammit.... why aren't you online today???
OK, so the pain was just too much and I had to unplug my computer as to not suffer that much...

mottdog

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 7, 2010
Redondo Beach, CA
Hey guys. I just wanted to say that I had a great time! It was just a well run event and the information was priceless. Everyone there was on the same wavelength and it's good to feel that power in person. It was great to meet everyone and share ideas. I was so excited that I hightailed it back to LA to put all of my new inspiration and ideas that I learned to work, so I can begin my merge into the Fastlane. Much thanks to everyone and thanks for allowing me into your ambitious circle.

"As long as you stay with the wave, you'll eventually hit the beach" - Shawn

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey guys,

Can you tell me who stayed at the Firesky and for how many nights? Trying to figure out the B&P rebates and I know the original list of people changed.

I have the following:
BLB/Runum
Bilge
WildAmb
ZDS/Kwerner
Russ (1 nt)

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Just got back to Colorado and snow. Another very successful year at B&P. I'm exhausted, so much information its hard to digest. I have a ton of ideas moving forward. Thanks to Mike and Danielle for hosting the bbq, still my favorite event at B&P.

Casey, I need to find out what that great marketing idea was.

Now is time to focus and get my plan into action. Thanks again all.

BTW we were at firesky from wed to mon. If you need any further info, please let me know.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Kenric-

I stayed at Firesky 2 nights (Sat and Sun).

-Russ H.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Thanks for sharing the Maslow's lesson Russ. It was very timely. ++++ speed:thumbsup:

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Finally made it home and caught my daughters performance in "The Insanity of Mary Girard". Very cool watching her perform.

On the flight back I was stuck in the midst of a group of MLM people. Seems they had a training seminar of about a thousand of them at the Renaissance in Glendale. I was lucky enough to pick the same flight home. Sounded like timeshare stuff. They were also talking about getting paid to shop. Anyway, they were nice but not my cup of tea. Maybe next year I can be prepared with my pitch from my own MLM and I can capture their enthusiam for my benefit.:icon_super:

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Bio:

Runum and I were there Wednesday to Monday.

It was great sitting around and gabbing with you and everyone that last night.

Thanks for always sharing!

Oh...and thanks for bringing the harem of gals who were oh so easy on the eyes. :smxG::smxG::smxG:

You're much better at it than Bill.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Hey guys, I had a great time and enjoyed meeting you all. Thanks to all the coordinators and presenters for dedicating your time and resources for our benefit.

For those who didn't make it, make it a priority for next year. You'll find out that these are regular people that deal with life issues just like the rest of us. The key difference is their persistence on working through their goals, their willingness to learn from mistakes then correct them, and their optimism to try the improbable even though many of their friends and family may not fully understand or share their visions.

Thanks again to all who made it possible and know that your willingness to share your experiences has resulted in several inspired members. I think there will be some impressive success stories next year based on the confidence you helped to instill. Finally, thanks to MJ for starting this whole thing. See you guys next year!

SaraK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Apr 25, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
I had a great time hanging out with you guys and learning this weekend! Thanks to the organizers and everyone who so generously shared their knowledge. Thanks to Steve and Lauren for the tour of the apartment complex.

MJ, let us know when your videos are available to view online, they were great! I found other videos online using the Hitler movie scene and there is even a 401k one, but yours is so much better. Thank you for the 5 fastlane commandments, I know that will be very useful to me in evaluating my business ideas.

Hope everyone is having a great week so far. Thanks for your friendship and support, it means a lot to me.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Thanks again to everyone who organized the meetup.

I had a great time meeting everyone and hangin out with you guys.

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
Was an awesome meet up guys! Can't wait to it again next year. I really liked Kenrics idea about everyone wearing their company tshirts!

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Sorry. That was me.

I've been followed by crappy weather on several trips.

Evacuated from hurricanes. Flight delays due to tornadoes.

When I go into the sunny end of a car wash, I'll come out the other end in a snow storm.

My apologies :smx1:

UPDATE:

I'm home now. Big storm headed for the Northeast. I told you I suck bad weather with me.:coco:

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
UPDATE:

I'm home now. Big storm headed for the Northeast. I told you I suck bad weather with me.:coco:
Remember the plans about you coming to DC for another get-together over here? Don't worry about it, let's do it through Skype, jsut to avoid the bflbob's weather curse, ok?

Wimtbimtb

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Dec 14, 2008
South East Michigan
Update from me just got home few hours ago.:fastlane::fastlane: B&P= pure awesomeness, fun times Great People to hang out with, Awesome FOOD. The host community was great Sat.BBQ was very great also. Wish I could have been able to stay Sunday. You folks All rocked:yourock:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.