The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Average IQ of a Fastlane Millionaire?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
Since the roll out of ChatGPT, I've become fascinated with the idea of intelligence itself.

I've learned about the different types of intelligence (theory of mind, fluid, g-factor, practical and so on).

It got me thinking...

What is the estimated average IQ of the most successful users on this forum?

I would say IQ and extreme focus is definitely more of a determinant of whether you will be successful. More so than surviving the desert of desertion.

I've had modest success as an entrepreneur, after reading TMF back when I was 17 (now 27).

I've had 2 exits (6 figures) and am building a SaaS startup right now that has paying users.

I wouldn't say I've achieved TMF level success or had an exit I'm truly proud of. Because let's face it, I'm not a millionaire.

I was able to travel the world and learn a lot about myself and how to sell better after my exit though, so the journey never ends.

My IQ only sits around 115 - 120 on a good day.

I'm doubtful many will share their IQ and we'll get a lot of folks saying it doesn't matter, etc... but just wanted to spark this discussion and hear from some of the senior members if they have any stories that would rebuff this little prying curiosity of mine.

I'm also never giving up on my Fastlane dream. I'm just getting started.

It's just a stark reality that I think is worth mentioning.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
Less IQ the better. Smart people get in their own way too much
Interesting...

You mean people with higher IQs think themselves out of doing the things they need to be doing?

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
Since the roll out of ChatGPT, I've become fascinated with the idea of intelligence itself.

I've learned about the different types of intelligence (theory of mind, fluid, g-factor, practical and so on).

It got me thinking...

I would say IQ and extreme focus is definitely more of a determinant of whether you will be successful. More so than surviving the desert of desertion.

I've had modest success as an entrepreneur, after reading TMF back when I was 17 (now 27).

I've had 2 exits (6 figures) and am building a SaaS startup right now that has paying users.

I wouldn't say I've achieved TMF level success or had an exit I'm truly proud of. Because let's face it, I'm not a millionaire.

I was able to travel the world and learn a lot about myself and how to sell better after my exit though, so the journey never ends.

I'm doubtful many will share their IQ and we'll get a lot of folks saying it doesn't matter, etc... but just wanted to spark this discussion and hear from some of the senior members if they have any stories that would rebuff this little prying curiosity of mine.

Balance.

Geniuses aren't great at risk tolerance. They overthink and do things by the book. Ever heard of how A students are usually working for the C students? They will never find fulfillment because they never risk anything.

However, you do need to be decently intelligent to win in this game. You don't see many dumbasses becoming entrepreneur multimillionaires.

The winning factor is always drive and focus. The person who takes action wins. The person who goes to the gym instead of the party wins.

(Also I think IQ is a shitty way to measure intelligence.)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Oh shit, here we go again. SMH.

I won't even link to the other thread.

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
I saw the other thread - we can delete this one.

Oilman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 1, 2019
Less IQ the better. Smart people get in their own way too much
I agree with this. It's funny because my family was always scrutinizing my grades growing up...even back then I knew teaching was a lucrative job for morons. It's like the joke, how do you become a fourth grade teacher? With a fifth grade education :rofl:

I think I'm slightly above average, not genius levels but certainly not stupid. I kind of got screwed in a lot of ways like not having rich parents, growing up in the ghetto, etc. But I grow everyday. I'm in the right place and you all will see me more in the coming months.

Moucham_Sarma

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
May 1, 2023

It got me thinking...

I am currently 13 and am on my self improvement journey. I aint referring myself succesful but cus here's a thread and I am also a intellect enthusiast, I would say I have a above average IQ not genius for sure. I get things way faster than my peers and I also learn skills faster than others

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
"Stark reality" lol :poo:

Where's the puke emoji.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I'd guess above average, but not genius level. 110-125.

The exception is probably people from technical STEM fields who go Fastlane, their IQs probably start at 120.

There's going to be a lower limit.

The things that hold most people back will be limiting beliefs, inaction, misinterpretation of results, lack of grit, not learning from mistakes, taking the 9-5 paycheck, getting into lifestyle creep/debt... all those things MJ talks about in his books. These are the things to focus on.

If you can string a sentence together, your IQ is probably not going to be limiting factor.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I don't know mine. Never tested it. I doubt the market cares.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Test's do not define your intelligence, learned this from Dr.Carol Weck's book on Fixed or Growth mindset. Neither can a test define your personality i.e. Enneagram or MBTI.

Their are over 7 Billion people on the planet with different mindsets and interests, we call cannot fit into 8 different categories it's impossible when we change roughly every 10 years or so.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

It got me thinking...

I would put mine around 10 points higher and I never had any 5/6 figures exit.

The privilege of having above average IQ is that I know IQ doesn’t matter much.

High IQ isn’t born. It is largely dependent on the amount of academic training and mental regimentation received before age 16.

Business success requires all-rounded skills and that’s why it is hard.

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
May 9, 2021
Being 2 smart holds you back, you overthink.

That's y I've been committing myself to a daily practice of huffing turpentine ans canned air in order 2 smoothbrain-max and de-smartify myself.
Not only will I be dumb enuff to start selling men-branded butthole wipes lik the 23 year olds I see on tiktok, but magically make millions becuz I took action instead of overanalyzing.
(A smoothbrain is also more aero die namik)

Single digits or BUST baby!

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
It's worth mentioning that gaps in IQ or knowledge/skillset can be solved by hiring smart people with domain expertise.

That's what I do when I realize I'm coming up short on a skillset or can't solve a specific problem - I delegate it to somebody smarter than me. Especially when it comes to design or coding problems.

It's the classic Jobs quote - we don't hire people to tell them what to do, we hire them to tell us what to do.

Entrepreneurs are more like the organisers - organising all the smart people into the right seats to keep the bus moving to its destination.

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 16, 2022
I'd say the minimum IQ you need to succeed sits at around 120, anything below that is not enough to become a millionaire nowadays.

The most dramatic situation is when people are smart enough to realize a job is a scam, but too dumb to earn money in any other way.

The only exception to this rule is real estate. It's not the fastest fastlane but it's the one you need the least intelligence* to succeed in.

*this does not mean that RE is for dumb people, or that you don't need to use your brain to get rich with RE.

I don't know mine. Never tested it. I doubt the market cares.
The market doesn't care but a lack of IQ prevents you from understanding it.

Also you have a math degree so you know you're smart enough not to care about IQ.

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 16, 2022
I am deeply passionate about this topic but we did it already so no need to reiterate the experience.

I'll just point out an irony: the same way that short people cannot possibly discuss their experience with tall people or that ugly people cannot discuss their experience with hot people*, the issue of being low IQ cannot be discussed with smart people, because they don't know what it is not to grasp something.

The only people this issue can be discussed with are those smart enough to realize they are not smart enough. So the 105 - 115 category.

Below that, people are too stupid to realize they're stupid, and above that, they are smart enough not to ever run into an unsolvable problem.

What does this mean? That the high-IQ answer about the low-IQ problem is insanely low-IQ.

Funny paradox. I dont think anyone ever thought about this, let's call it the moonnnfffiiii paradox.

This will instantly end any discussion about IQ with the people too smart to grasp the problem.

PS: *the reverse isn't true. Ugly people know what it's like to be hot and short people know what it's like to be tall.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Funny paradox. I dont think anyone ever thought about this, let's call it the moonnnfffiiii paradox.

This will instantly end any discussion about IQ with the people too smart to grasp the problem.

PS: *the reverse isn't true. Ugly people know what it's like to be hot and short people know what it's like to be tall.

Lol, you really believe you're the first person that thought of this?

That's dunning-kruger as F*ck.

Come to think of it, this whole thread is.

It doesn't matter if your IQ is 100 or 200. We're all still retarded in the grand scheme of things.

The most intelligent Neanderthal to walk the Earth was probably so dumb they'd be considered disabled.

And one day—unless we annihilate ourselves before that happens—the next evolution of the human race will take over.

Those dudes will probably know the meaning of life and be able to peer into the fourth dimension or whatever.

But until then, it looks like we're destined to argue about IQ in forums, start wars, scroll TikTok, and chop off our dicks.

G

Guest12k7911

Lol, you really believe you're the first person that thought of this?

That's dunning-kruger as F*ck.

Come to think of it, this whole thread is.

It doesn't matter if your IQ is 100 or 200. We're all still retarded in the grand scheme of things.

The most intelligent Neanderthal to walk the Earth was probably so dumb they'd be considered disabled.

And one day—unless we annihilate ourselves before that happens—the next evolution of the human race will take over.

Those dudes will probably know the meaning of life and be able to peer into the fourth dimension or whatever.

But until then, it looks like we're destined to argue about IQ in forums, start wars, scroll TikTok, and chop off our dicks.
evolution doesnt work like that lol

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Most people underachieve because of emotional reasons. Ever been in a "high IQ group"? Everyone is like two broken pencils away from going full Colonel Kurtz.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Some people can't stop talking horseshit.

Why the F*ck aren't you a millionaire then?

If high IQ were F*ckin crucial?

Go bury your IQ in the toilet.

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
May 9, 2021
High IQ isn’t born. It is largely dependent on the amount of academic training and mental regimentation received before age 16.

Business success requires all-rounded skills and that’s why it is hard.
Good takeaway at the end.

Largest chunk of IQ is inheritable but developing and solidifying that/ learning how to use it well is a gift not everyone may be blessed with in their upbringing.
The other thing I really see compounding that is upbringing and expectations. I breezed through schooling and handling college projects/case studies with set expectations and at least a loose checklist for what needed to be done for it to be done "right". Got into the corporate wage slave world and started crushing it as an employee. Where everything breaks down are situations with ambiguity... which would be everything in entrepreneurship.

"Is this the right product?"
"Would the market want this?"
"Should I build an audience now or after I get a supplier?"
"Should I cold-call business owners to see if they'd want to use my services?"
"I need time to finish this project this week or else the client will drop me, is it worth it to quit the cubicle-slave dayjob and risk it for a client that would be a great case study that pivots to more 5,000$ jobs??!?!?!?!"

And since you're stuck in that state, you're constantly spinning out. As contrast I have a loose acquaintance that brags he's a certified sh!thead. He started setting up single page wix sites for people at his uni (professors, teachers aids, up-and-coming musicians) completely on accident and without any pitch besides "Hey bro I think u need a website". Last I heard he did so well he dropped out and was able to move to Puerto Rico.

Getting caught up on if one is "smart enough" is defo folley, but it also overlooks that taking ANY action, as long as it's decisive and consistent, will usually be enough in the long run.

Last edited:

marble

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 11, 2023
Most successful Fastlane millionaires, have a high IQ.

Most people with high IQ, are not successful Fastlane millionaires.

I think that tells you everything you need to know.

Peddling around wondering if the number that measures your brain's pattern recognition and logic skills is going to make you a Fastlane millionaire, is not making you a Fastlane millionaire.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.