The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ask me anything about eCommerce (Ongoing)

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
When I do get certain duds that don't sell, I just toss it all into the trash. Clear the clutter and move on. I don't even try to liquidate or wholesale them because it just sits in the warehouse taking up space and serves as a reminder of a bad product.
"Loss prevention."

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
Hey Kenric,

Thank you for all of the helpful information you have provided not only on this thread, but on all other threads you have created in the past.

I had a question regarding a new product that I am contemplating on importing but the margins look a little too slim. But please let me know what you think.

Lets say I have Product X which only has a few online providers, but none of them are located within the US. This product costs me around 2.5-3 dollars a peice including in DHL shipping to me. After that I will most likely have to charge clients for shipping to them. The product itself can sell between 6-10 dollars a peice. Do you think it would be worth importing being that my sample order consits of 140 peices. Or should i try to look for a product with higher margins and less quantity.

Thank you for all of your help Kenric

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey Kenric,

Thank you for all of the helpful information you have provided not only on this thread, but on all other threads you have created in the past.

I had a question regarding a new product that I am contemplating on importing but the margins look a little too slim. But please let me know what you think.

Lets say I have Product X which only has a few online providers, but none of them are located within the US. This product costs me around 2.5-3 dollars a peice including in DHL shipping to me. After that I will most likely have to charge clients for shipping to them. The product itself can sell between 6-10 dollars a peice. Do you think it would be worth importing being that my sample order consits of 140 peices. Or should i try to look for a product with higher margins and less quantity.

Thank you for all of your help Kenric

Are you going Amazon FBA with is product or are you selling on your own website yourself and shipping yourself. Does the product fit in a 1st class mail padded envelope? Can it sell at $10 or is it $6?

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
Are you going Amazon FBA with is product or are you selling on your own website yourself and shipping yourself. Does the product fit in a 1st class mail padded envelope? Can it sell at $10 or is it $6?

Well im debating if going woth FBA is a good a choice because they will most likely eat up 15% on my sale price. Yes the product can fit in a padded envelope/ 1st class male. I plan on also setting up a website for the procuct. I would say 10 is pushing it being that I have seen comparable products at around 6, but those suppliers are out of the US causing US clients to get a foreign transaction fee. That being said I might be able to price it between 7-10.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Well im debating if going woth FBA is a good a choice because they will most likely eat up 15% on my sale price. Yes the product can fit in a padded envelope/ 1st class male. I plan on also setting up a website for the procuct. I would say 10 is pushing it being that I have seen comparable products at around 6, but those suppliers are out of the US causing US clients to get a foreign transaction fee. That being said I might be able to price it between 7-10.

FBA will cost you $4 on a $10 product. If you can get it to Amazon's warehouse at $3. You would make $3 per sale, which is low, but can you sell 1000 a month. What's the volume?

happybhoy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 2, 2015
Ecosse
Just learned a lesson in dealing with ali baba. I ordered a 10x sample of a 3 piece set from a manufacturer.
After I paid they sent me an invoice with a little picture of the product. It looked like there was only 1 item (the main item) so I asked if it was indeed a full set.
They replied saying sorry it's just 2 of the set included, despite the listing showing the full set. I was a bit miffed but figured I could still work with it.
The package just arrived and there's only the main item included. I'll get my money back selling on ebay, but they bare-faced lied.
shame because they were very fast and good at communicating.

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
Well to start off Im not sure if I can sell 1000 a month, which is why I am trying to order the sample order to get a real estimate of how many can sell. Now they quoted me $70 shipping through DHL, but said that they can reduce the shipping if I go through Sea. Would I have to pay any kind of import taxes or would that be already quoted in the shipping?

Andreas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 22, 2011
Do I make a different e-mail and register again on hosting site for each domain (not for backlinks) I buy?

Also do I make new paypal account with the new e-mail? Especially if you are joining a new CPA network for a new niche.

Thanks

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
I don't quite follow.
I was once told that taking out the trash, or getting rid of dead stock (product that doesn't sell, or creates losses) is an act of "loss prevention."

Wikipedia.org said:
Retail loss prevention is a set of practices employed by retail companies to preserve profit.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retail_loss_prevention

Oversimplified: your time and business resources are too valuable to waste on stock and activities that aren't doing you or your business any favors (wasting money, taking up space in the warehouse, etc.). As a result, they get removed from the process. It's a good practice. :)

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Well to start off Im not sure if I can sell 1000 a month, which is why I am trying to order the sample order to get a real estimate of how many can sell. Now they quoted me $70 shipping through DHL, but said that they can reduce the shipping if I go through Sea. Would I have to pay any kind of import taxes or would that be already quoted in the shipping?

If you went through sea, you still need to get it from the port to your house. You may have to pay import taxes either way. I'd do the $70 by air. It's just a test order anyway. You aren't trying to maximize profit here. You are trying to prove your model.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I was once told that taking out the trash, or getting rid of dead stock (product that doesn't sell, or creates losses) is an act of "loss prevention."

Oversimplified: your time and business resources are too valuable to waste on stock and activities that aren't doing you or your business any favors (wasting money, taking up space in the warehouse, etc.). As a result, they get removed from the process. It's a good practice. :)

Exactly, I hated seeing boxes of stuff that would lose money. And it also took up valuable warehouse space.

ChrisKyle

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jan 29, 2015
Bio, first of all thank you so much for the amount of value that you've provided throughout this thread. Please excuse me if these are foolish questions, but I would like to confirm that I am going about this without avoiding any legal issues.

1. Are all of the products on Alibaba private label, even if they have another name on them? The reason I ask is because some of the products I search for have other brand names on them? Most don't, but some do. Maybe stay away from these?

2. If I want to brand something differently or alter the physical appearance of a product do I simply just email them and ask if this is possible? Obviously the way they manufacture something doesn't have to be the exact appearance as the pictures on the website, correct?

Again, these questions might be common sense, but I just want to make sure I am following the correct process when researching for potential products.

Thank you for your help.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Even veterans make mistakes or get bad orders. I've been dealing with a few weather issues that have never surfaced before. A couple products on my last shipments have been "humid" on the inside. Because Amazon requires sealed polybags, if the factory is packaging during or after a rain storm, the humidity can be high inside the factory (many don't have AC). This moisture gets sealed inside the polybags, and add a one month journey in a hot container and you get some bad, smelly product.

Problem is, your China supplier will say that everything looked fine when they shipped it, and it probably did. I'm sure they didn't pack smelly product and ship it to me. They are probably even used to the humidity so they don't think 'hey it's pretty humid, maybe we should wait to seal these up'. So now I will require them to put desiccant packets in each polybag before shipping. This will add cost and some weight.

This is just one of those things that happens, and you never think about it until it happens.

Thanks for this idea on the desiccant packets. I am getting my next shipment shipped together in a much larger sealed "bag" vs individuals, I am going to tell them to throw some of these in there as well just in case. GREAT IDEA

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
1) At what point did you decide to get warehouse space?
3) Was your eCommerce store profitable before getting warehouse space? Or did money come out of your own pocket to rent the warehouse?
2) Currently does your sales for the month cover the cost of the lease? Or are there times where you don't make enough sales to cover the monthly cost?

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Bio, first of all thank you so much for the amount of value that you've provided throughout this thread. Please excuse me if these are foolish questions, but I would like to confirm that I am going about this without avoiding any legal issues.

1. Are all of the products on Alibaba private label, even if they have another name on them? The reason I ask is because some of the products I search for have other brand names on them? Most don't, but some do. Maybe stay away from these?

2. If I want to brand something differently or alter the physical appearance of a product do I simply just email them and ask if this is possible? Obviously the way they manufacture something doesn't have to be the exact appearance as the pictures on the website, correct?

Again, these questions might be common sense, but I just want to make sure I am following the correct process when researching for potential products.

Thank you for your help.

1) It's hard to tell what you mean by brand name. These days, everything has a brand name, but many times it doesn't mean much. It's on you to determine if the product you are choosing may be patented, or the design is owned by another company. There are so many variables per product that it's not a simple answer.

2) Yes, you can ask the factory for anything. They work for you. Use common sense. These are people that make stuff. They want to make things for you. So if they can change, they will. If they can not, use your knowledge to understand why they can't or if they are just saying it because they don't want to. Then find a different factory.

There are certain things that should be easy to modify. Changing a button into a zipper, add pockets, adding labels, changing materials or substituting parts are easy. But if you change the shapes of plastic or metal parts, that's going to cost more.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
1) At what point did you decide to get warehouse space?
3) Was your eCommerce store profitable before getting warehouse space? Or did money come out of your own pocket to rent the warehouse?
2) Currently does your sales for the month cover the cost of the lease? Or are there times where you don't make enough sales to cover the monthly cost?

1) I moved to a warehouse in 2011.
2 & 3) So I need to ask you first before I answer, why you would ask this question? Because the answer seems obvious to me, but I want to understand your thinking?

Why would I move to a warehouse if my store was not profittable? Why would I increase my expenses if I was still in the red. If my sales were not covering the lease of my warehouse, I should not be doing an AMA on ecommerce. My lease payment is usually covered by the 3rd day of the month.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Thanks for this idea on the desiccant packets. I am getting my next shipment shipped together in a much larger sealed "bag" vs individuals, I am going to tell them to throw some of these in there as well just in case. GREAT IDEA

Yes, some of my suppliers automatically started adding them in. I'm going to ask others to do the same. The question is, how big of a packet is enough? I am putting in 1 gram packet because it looks right. I don't know the calculation behind desiccant package sizing. I guess that's another new thing to learn!

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
2 & 3) So I need to ask you first before I answer, why you would ask this question? Because the answer seems obvious to me, but I want to understand your thinking?

Oh I wanted to know how aggressive you push. I guess I was trying to get a feel whether its better to inch your way in or just go all out and expand faster even if it means money coming out of your pocket temporarily.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Just a word about product selection...

By now you've probably read that I don't use any software in picking products. I really don't do much research at all. I just go in if I feel that I can add value.

So I recently jumped into a niche that is considered one of the toughest niches on Amazon. It is a 2 word key word that has 170,000 results. Surprisingly, it took me 4 days to get to the bottom of the front page. I was shocked. Today, I am still on page 2.

The top listings have almost 2000 reviews. Most other listings have 300+ reviews. I'm still there with 4 reviews.

My point is that all the research can stifle you. Many of those software programs are not accurate. And you can never tell how you will do within a niche.

I will say this. Now that I am IN the niche. I do research and track it. I know its a$$ backwards, but that's how I work.

I now track how many my competitors sell per day, including their variations and colors.

Now, the top 1 and 2 spots are selling a generic product at a lower price point of $10. I am selling at $15. So I am not comparing myself to these guys. I compare myself to the others selling at $15.

And one of them is pretty impressive selling about 25 a day. Another competitor is sell 20 a day. So now I have an idea of how to proceed. I can tell what color options they sell more of. So now I know that black is a how seller, then blue, then red. Now I know what color to make my second product.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Oh I wanted to know how aggressive you push. I guess I was trying to get a feel whether its better to inch your way in or just go all out and expand faster even if it means money coming out of your pocket temporarily.

But you are implying that being aggressive means losing money or going negative monthly. That's not the same. What you implied is that I expanded fast by importing many products and ran out of storage room. Which means that by expanding, I went from 10 products to 50 products quickly without knowing if the additional 40 products were going to work and would actually put me in the negative.

But what I still don't understand is the thought process...
I'm selling online and it's not profitable...
I decide to import alot more stuff, even though I'm not profitable...
I decide to sign a lease on a warehouse to hold all this stuff that I can't sell...

I guess your question bothers me because it still does not make any business sense to me.

My one rule is to always make money. I've made money from day 1. I've never have had to take out a loan. I personally don't like expanding to the point where I need to worry about sales to pay the bills.

Lastly, getting a warehouse doesn't mean that you are aggressive. You can be aggressive from your apartment. You get a warehouse when you absolutely cannot fit anything else in your home. I had my garage and 2 bedrooms full of stuff before I moved to a warehouse.

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
But you are implying that being aggressive means losing money or going negative monthly. That's not the same. What you implied is that I expanded fast by importing many products and ran out of storage room. Which means that by expanding, I went from 10 products to 50 products quickly without knowing if the additional 40 products were going to work and would actually put me in the negative.

Oops got the context all mixed up, my bad. Yah your right.

But what I still don't understand is the thought process...
I'm selling online and it's not profitable...
I decide to import alot more stuff, even though I'm not profitable...
I decide to sign a lease on a warehouse to hold all this stuff that I can't sell...

I guess your question bothers me because it still does not make any business sense to me.

My one rule is to always make money. I've made money from day 1. I've never have had to take out a loan. I personally don't like expanding to the point where I need to worry about sales to pay the bills.

Lastly, getting a warehouse doesn't mean that you are aggressive. You can be aggressive from your apartment. You get a warehouse when you absolutely cannot fit anything else in your home. I had my garage and 2 bedrooms full of stuff before I moved to a warehouse.

wow, I guess my mindset is all wrong. Maybe its because I have yet to see the profitable side from importing and I started to get frustrated and it led me to think like this. :banghead:

Bakwan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 14, 2015
France
Hello,

I've recently started to look at items to sell on Ebay and Amazon. I live in France and Ebay market seems to be very low here. For example in a popular category such as headphones I see an average of 10 sales/hour, which considering the competition is not that much. What is your opinion regarding these numbers ? Do you think it could be enough to go to ?

I can't figure out Amazon number of sales but it's very popular here, I personally only use it. I have a question regarding Amazon. I see a lot of items that I can find on Alibaba but seem to be branded and I don't know if I am allowed to compete on these listings.
Some of them have the "brand" name at the beginning of the title and others just below in the "by" section.

Sometimes the seller name is the same as the brand, sometimes not, and oterh times there are several competitors for a product that seems to be branded. (perhaps some of them are bypassing Amazon policy)

This "branding" seems to be a way for sellers to protect themselves against competition which I can understand if they add value to the item, but just adding your brand name on the listing is abusive in my opinion considering the fact that a new listing can also be deleted if it is for an item already listed.

So it seems to me that wether you create your new listing or add on an existing one you could be in trouble with Amazon policy.
I know you prefer to make you own differenciated items and listings but could you please help us figure out how to know if we are competing with someone who has customized the item and logically branded it or not and in the second case if it is allowed by Amazon to compete ?

Thanks

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Just a word about product selection...

By now you've probably read that I don't use any software in picking products. I really don't do much research at all. I just go in if I feel that I can add value.

So I recently jumped into a niche that is considered one of the toughest niches on Amazon. It is a 2 word key word that has 170,000 results. Surprisingly, it took me 4 days to get to the bottom of the front page. I was shocked. Today, I am still on page 2.

The top listings have almost 2000 reviews. Most other listings have 300+ reviews. I'm still there with 4 reviews.

My point is that all the research can stifle you. Many of those software programs are not accurate. And you can never tell how you will do within a niche.

I will say this. Now that I am IN the niche. I do research and track it. I know its a$$ backwards, but that's how I work.

I now track how many my competitors sell per day, including their variations and colors.

Now, the top 1 and 2 spots are selling a generic product at a lower price point of $10. I am selling at $15. So I am not comparing myself to these guys. I compare myself to the others selling at $15.

And one of them is pretty impressive selling about 25 a day. Another competitor is sell 20 a day. So now I have an idea of how to proceed. I can tell what color options they sell more of. So now I know that black is a how seller, then blue, then red. Now I know what color to make my second product.
Hi Bio,

Do you mind getting into the specifics of how you "launched" this specific product.

Cheers.

ChrisKyle

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jan 29, 2015
1) It's hard to tell what you mean by brand name. These days, everything has a brand name, but many times it doesn't mean much. It's on you to determine if the product you are choosing may be patented, or the design is owned by another company. There are so many variables per product that it's not a simple answer.

2) Yes, you can ask the factory for anything. They work for you. Use common sense. These are people that make stuff. They want to make things for you. So if they can change, they will. If they can not, use your knowledge to understand why they can't or if they are just saying it because they don't want to. Then find a different factory.

There are certain things that should be easy to modify. Changing a button into a zipper, add pockets, adding labels, changing materials or substituting parts are easy. But if you change the shapes of plastic or metal parts, that's going to cost more.
Great, that helps so much. What Im really trying to get at here, is I can't just order a product off their catalog without doing a little research to see if another company owns the rights to the design, ECT? I will need to modify it and ask the manufacture to put my brandname on it, correct? I really appreciate your response here as well as in my other thread.

Thank you so much,

Chris

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hello,

I've recently started to look at items to sell on Ebay and Amazon. I live in France and Ebay market seems to be very low here. For example in a popular category such as headphones I see an average of 10 sales/hour, which considering the competition is not that much. What is your opinion regarding these numbers ? Do you think it could be enough to go to ?

I can't figure out Amazon number of sales but it's very popular here, I personally only use it. I have a question regarding Amazon. I see a lot of items that I can find on Alibaba but seem to be branded and I don't know if I am allowed to compete on these listings.
Some of them have the "brand" name at the beginning of the title and others just below in the "by" section.

Sometimes the seller name is the same as the brand, sometimes not, and oterh times there are several competitors for a product that seems to be branded. (perhaps some of them are bypassing Amazon policy)

This "branding" seems to be a way for sellers to protect themselves against competition which I can understand if they add value to the item, but just adding your brand name on the listing is abusive in my opinion considering the fact that a new listing can also be deleted if it is for an item already listed.

So it seems to me that wether you create your new listing or add on an existing one you could be in trouble with Amazon policy.
I know you prefer to make you own differenciated items and listings but could you please help us figure out how to know if we are competing with someone who has customized the item and logically branded it or not and in the second case if it is allowed by Amazon to compete ?

Thanks

10 sales/hour is 240 a day. Seems like enough to me.

Again the branding and selling another item is a tough thing to discuss. You have to use common sense to know if you can sell it or not. This is not a question I can answer broadly. The way you are asking the question sounds like you just want to slap a brand on something and sell it, which is not the right way to go. If you change your product, then you don't need to worry about the questions you just asked.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi Bio,

Do you mind getting into the specifics of how you "launched" this specific product.

Cheers.

Yes, I don't really launch products. In this specific case, I shared the new product in a couple FB groups that I was a part of. I gave the people in the groups a 50% off coupon code and sold about 20 products. Then I also gave a review group a 50% coupon code and sold about 20 more products. I did not require any one to leave a review. That is all I did.

Once I sold the initial 40, I began to get real sales. As of today I have sold 100 total.

I did some PPC, but clicks were about $.90 and my budget was $5/day, so that did not really do anything.

They way i get sales now is through word of mouth and FB shares.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Great, that helps so much. What Im really trying to get at here, is I can't just order a product off their catalog without doing a little research to see if another company owns the rights to the design, ECT? I will need to modify it and ask the manufacture to put my brandname on it, correct? I really appreciate your response here as well as in my other thread.

Thank you so much,

Chris

Yes, you need to do research. If you see a Disney Frozen lunchbox, you should know that you cannot make those and sell them. Of course, Disney is an easy brand to spot. But if you are looking at something like a cutting board by Disney, even though Disney is a well known brand, it's highly unlikely that their cutting board is so special that it is patented (assuming the cutting board doesn't have a picture of Mickey Mouse on it).

If it's a cutting board that just says Disney, then you probably could have them replace Disney with your brand name and be ok. However, I would go a step further and change the dimensions, materials or some other aspect of it.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Yes, some of my suppliers automatically started adding them in. I'm going to ask others to do the same. The question is, how big of a packet is enough? I am putting in 1 gram packet because it looks right. I don't know the calculation behind desiccant package sizing. I guess that's another new thing to learn!

Yeah I wouldn't know either. I assume they would add a few, Every thing i have ever gotten with one in it, it wasn't like it had expanded and they all were roughly the same size.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.