...will be brief.
Thank you.
Dan
Oh I see. I should write a bit more. So...
I am 45 years old and like many people wonder how this happened. All those ideas I will start tomorrow!
'Best laid plans of mice and men' as that Scottish chap once wrote.
The problem is that I have a sales job selling a product I like for a company I like and have no mortgage or debt and enough money to last me for quite some time.
So why is that a problem?
Comfort.
Nothing in my life or background has made me sit up and say 'I need to change this'
Until last week.
I was on the train from Waterloo to Reading and someone had left a book behind.
Unscripted .
Forget school, parents etc unwittingly sending you down a scripted path; my sales job is literally a script. I am not kidding. And I have spent 10 years saying those exact same words with no deviation.
So for the first time in all those years I asked myself the question 'What the devil am I doing?'
And here I am. I feel the need to finally do my own thing.
I Googled the author @MJ DeMarco and found this Forum. After a weekend of reading some of the threads and contributions by @Andy Black @SinisterLex @Fox @AllenCrawley and many others I figured out that this is the most pragmatic forum there is.
People get to the point.
I have no real Entrepreneurial bone in my body, I believe you are born this way but I can learn business skills and this Forum is chock full of sterling advice from people old and young, male and female across the world it seems.
John Ruskin wrote 'To know anything well involves a profound sensation of ignorance.'
I am happy to be ignorant and learn from you all.
Thank you once again.
Dan
Thank you.
Dan
Oh I see. I should write a bit more. So...
I am 45 years old and like many people wonder how this happened. All those ideas I will start tomorrow!
'Best laid plans of mice and men' as that Scottish chap once wrote.
The problem is that I have a sales job selling a product I like for a company I like and have no mortgage or debt and enough money to last me for quite some time.
So why is that a problem?
Comfort.
Nothing in my life or background has made me sit up and say 'I need to change this'
Until last week.
I was on the train from Waterloo to Reading and someone had left a book behind.
Unscripted .
Forget school, parents etc unwittingly sending you down a scripted path; my sales job is literally a script. I am not kidding. And I have spent 10 years saying those exact same words with no deviation.
So for the first time in all those years I asked myself the question 'What the devil am I doing?'
And here I am. I feel the need to finally do my own thing.
I Googled the author @MJ DeMarco and found this Forum. After a weekend of reading some of the threads and contributions by @Andy Black @SinisterLex @Fox @AllenCrawley and many others I figured out that this is the most pragmatic forum there is.
People get to the point.
I have no real Entrepreneurial bone in my body, I believe you are born this way but I can learn business skills and this Forum is chock full of sterling advice from people old and young, male and female across the world it seems.
John Ruskin wrote 'To know anything well involves a profound sensation of ignorance.'
I am happy to be ignorant and learn from you all.
Thank you once again.
Dan
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
