The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Art tutorials business?

M10

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 26, 2013
Hey everyone,

I was thinking of doing drawing tutorials for drawing anime and maybe other popular subjects that people like to draw. I would create youtube videos and maybe later sell video tutorials that are longer and more in-depth. Selling the video tutorials may be needed since I hear that youtube pays about only $1.30 per 1000 views. In my early days as an artists I probably spent around $100 on drawing tutorial videos from Matthew Archambault, but I'm not sure if his video sales were lucrative. I get the impression that there is a fairly large number of people who like drawing anime.

Do guys think it would be worthwhile to pursue or should I go back to the drawing board?

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
Hey everyone,

I was thinking of doing drawing tutorials for drawing anime and maybe other popular subjects that people like to draw. I would create youtube videos and maybe later sell video tutorials that are longer and more in-depth. Selling the video tutorials may be needed since I hear that youtube pays about only $1.30 per 1000 views. In my early days as an artists I probably spent around $100 on drawing tutorial videos from Matthew Archambault. I get the impression that there is a fairly large number of people who like drawing anime.

Do guys think it would be worthwhile to pursue or should I go back to the drawing board?

Thanks.

Mark Crilley has that space on lock down, try again....

WAMBST

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 14, 2015
Le Mans - France
Hey everyone,

I was thinking of doing drawing tutorials for drawing anime and maybe other popular subjects that people like to draw. I would create youtube videos and maybe later sell video tutorials that are longer and more in-depth. Selling the video tutorials may be needed since I hear that youtube pays about only $1.30 per 1000 views. In my early days as an artists I probably spent around $100 on drawing tutorial videos from Matthew Archambault, but I'm not sure if his video sales were lucrative. I get the impression that there is a fairly large number of people who like drawing anime.

Thanks.
Hello,

I am also trying to create something about art. I work on drawing and sculpting... I think that even somebody is already working on this subject (and for sure they are a lot), you can do it better or different. I don't know if it's the best way to promote your art and to reach wealth, but it's surely one way to try. On YouTube first, on your own if you catch many fans...
See you on the forum...

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
My first thought is to check Udemy... Are there courses there already? If there are, then that could be a good sign.

Check the Google Keyword Planner to see if there is search volume of people trying to find how to do anime etc. Are there searches on YouTube too (www.keywordtool.io/youtube maybe? I've not used it..)

Are there resources out there for people who want to learn?

The market might include non-artists who just want to get better at drawing. It would be interesting where the adult colouring market goes.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.