The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are You Still Sleeping?

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
Started reading this about a week ago and have been getting up early each day this past week. It's been a stark change for me. Only day I let myself sleep in was yesterday (23rd), and that was the most unproductive day. I was just mentally off the whole day. Couldn't get anything done, and just felt pessimistic about everything.

Got up early this morning and easily had the most productive day of the last couple weeks. On Christmas Eve. Good night, you glorious bastards. See you on Christmas ;)

That's the kind of review I'm looking for. Miracle Morning is on my 2015 reading list. I've never been a morning person but I'm going to force myself to become one.

Plus I really enjoyed Hal Elrod when he was on the SPI podcast. Far and away one of the best entrepreneur stories I've ever heard. His positive attitude and outlook on life really blew me away.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I got up a half hour ago, 4:58AM local time, Christmas morning. I'm up creating a new batch of Instagram ads to release slowly over today and tomorrow without taking time away from the family.

Merry Christmas.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I got up a half hour ago, 4:58AM local time, Christmas morning. I'm up creating a new batch of Instagram ads to release slowly over today and tomorrow without taking time away from the family.

Merry Christmas.

There's a lot of people that will be online today and tomorrow. Christmas day was actually a decent online sales day for us last year.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I finished a whole bunch of work on a second part of my site yesterday while my entire family vegged on movies.

2015 is going to be an awesome year!

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
There's a lot of people that will be online today and tomorrow. Christmas day was actually a decent online sales day for us last year.

I know. I threw some of my bench-warmer ads out into cyberspace yesterday because I didn't want to "waste" my good advertising on Christmas eve, figuring it'd be dead.

Nope, 200% higher engagement than normal.

30 minutes till I have to wake the family up to start traveling....

GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND.

G

Guest3722A

You guys are inspiring. I've had a few setbacks this last year but still building with what I have to work with. In the next month or two I'll finally have some personal investment that's been needed for this project that I received some pre-orders on. What I've been doing now that I know I'm getting closer to being able to finish this thing is building up my mailing list which is somewhat automated now, working on it throughout the day and night and then educating myself on the things that I know I'll need when its go time. I've studied alot recently, taken alot of notes and spent alot of early morning hours drawing out both sides of the markets this idea will hopefully work for.

On a side note, if anyone is interested in learning some effective management techniques, the book, "The One Minute Manager" by Kenneth H Blanchard was recommended by someone from a very high powered mastermind group.

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
I've had this in front of me for a lot of this past year:

Procrastination is fear. Let go, the hard stuff is how we achieve anything of value. Let go of the ideal that life will be comfortable or easy.

From memory it's not a direct quote, but one of the essential messages from Leo Babauta's 'The One Skill' ebook. 2014 has been huge for me as I've made more progress than in the whole decade prior, but it's nothing compared to how my 2015 will be.

Grow. Get to the bigger level. Learn.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Fell asleep for an extra hour today... Guess it was the 2:00 am alibaba search... All is good though as I have found 3 new niches with good monthly searches on amazon.. For one of them, the best seller looks like crap, not sure how people bought it. Reviews are 3 stars too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peakdesire

Burning Desire to Succeed
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
Drank a little too much yesterday, now feeling completely off mentally...can't do anything.

Tomorrow it's 5:00AM wake up, morning ritual, then work on self publishing and my blog. Yey!

Merry xmas errbody!!

Dinho7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 7, 2014
South Florida
Great post! Sometimes it feels like hanging out on this forum is like attending those private island gatherings with Tim Ferriss and other successful entrepreneurs. The spirit is great, and there are so many inspiring posts and value bombs dropped in every thread. I think spending more time on this forum will be my single biggest goal for 2015.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Have been enjoying Christmas morning with the family. What a great morning it's been.

Came back to the computer to check on sales and surprised to see 7 sales so far today. Just finished packing up those orders and yesterday's as well (sold out on amazon FBA so I have to ship these out myself but am really enjoying it :)).

Merry Christmas everyone.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
9pm Christmas day. The family has retired to bed. Gonna do my usual two hours work. All the best everyone.

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
One big point I made was to do something EVERY SINGLE DAY. Even if it's one thing.
I try to live by this.

Today, I did another 15 slides for my consulting company presentation, and started work on the website.

I put out feelers on oDesk for a push to write a book on my IT consulting. author=authority.

(also, yesterday I became a grandfather, so today I visited the hospital and held my grandson. That was time very well spent.)

Last edited:

Even Steven

tumbling down the learning curve
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Nov 7, 2014
Hit the next marker or waypoint, smile, then keep going. Those goal posts aren't rest stops, they are just a hand to slap and a face to smile at as you keep going to reach the next one further down the line.

That's a fantastic quote. I recently noticed that tendency more in myself, to treat them as a rest stop instead of a high five. Great analogy.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
yesterday I became a grandfather, so today I visited the hospital and held my grandson.
Awesome! Congrats Ted!!!

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Wanted to check back in. Despite an initial burst of activity before lunch, stuff was *really* dead from about 1:00PM on. Traffic roughly 25% of its normal levels, engagement on IG etc about 40% as high with follow rate down by about 80%.

Alan LT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Nov 1, 2014
South Florida
This motivated me so much, I was up at 5 am writing copy! It's an hour difference from what time I usually wake up, but that doesn't matter since it's an extra hour in the day for me. I just need to start drinking coffee to stay awake throughout the day...

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Got another story tonight.

Guy sends in request for quote at 4:18pm Friday Dec 26th. I usually try to respond within a few hours, but I was at a movie. I just get home and I decide to work on it tonight, send it back to him at 10:26pm
Guy pays by credit card at 10:45pm. Bam, another $500 profit.
And I did send a thank you email back to him right away. He's probably wondering who's working at 11pm on the Friday night.

So far I'm 2 for 2 this week in "off work hours" work. Again, if he sent out the request to 5 other companies, he would not be getting a quote back from them until Monday morning. I'm hoping I made his decision easy.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Got another story tonight.

Guy sends in request for quote at 4:18pm Friday Dec 26th. I usually try to respond within a few hours, but I was at a movie. I just get home and I decide to work on it tonight, send it back to him at 10:26pm
Guy pays by credit card at 10:45pm. Bam, another $500 profit.
And I did send a thank you email back to him right away. He's probably wondering who's working at 11pm on the Friday night.

So far I'm 2 for 2 this week in "off work hours" work. Again, if he sent out the request to 5 other companies, he would not be getting a quote back from them until Monday morning. I'm hoping I made his decision easy.

I once was working for someone in another state on a pretty demanding physical job. I check my email and my side biz got a referral asking for a quote. I sent an email back with the price, got the payment half an hour later, forwarded everything to my outsourced workers and bam, making money as I am making money.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I was just saying how I wish the people I needed to speak with [to close a deal] were "up" so we can negotiate terms and make money together.
So many times I pick up the phone and glance at the time and....shit...it's only 7:00 am...they're not open. By 8 or 9am I'm like a semi-automatic making calls. THEN...half the people I talk to are not on their game...which is good for me.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
23:30 New Years Eve. Just done 3 hours work. Gonna grab a cold one from the fridge and see the new year in. Have a great 2015 everyone!

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Watched the fireworks from my apartment window with a glass of Irish single malt. At 0:10 I was back at my desk, working on automating my business until 3am, getting it ready for the first >1M revenue year. Now its 9am and I'm back up, working when everybody else is still in bed for a couple more hours, sleeping off their hangovers.

No days off. How bad do you want it?

chipmx

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Sep 16, 2014
Cancun
got my last customer at 7 PM... dinner with my family at 11 PM.. sorry I can wait until new year I felt sleep, I wake up yesterday at 3 AM and start working all day long... well I wake up today (2015) at 3 AM again..... every one of my neighbors are drunk, party, drinking, etc... I want to work in complete silence in my computer but it seems impossible... maybe I´ll go to the airport right now, hell yeah, there is always work! so I want to start the year working.... and for first time "posting".

great forum, great people, great posts...

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Watched the fireworks from my apartment window with a glass of Irish single malt. At 0:10 I was back at my desk, working on automating my business until 3am, getting it ready for the first >1M revenue year. Now its 9am and I'm back up, working when everybody else is still in bed for a couple more hours, sleeping off their hangovers.

No days off. How bad do you want it?
That's hardcore man!

Seriously, I can't drink single malt...

;)

Hope you hit your 1M target.

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
Here in Israel it's a bit different - since Jan. 1 is just another day.

So, does it count if I send off a proposal for a consulting engagement?

(At my day job, @DE/UK - they are definitely not working today, so I'm gonna count it...)

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
People here arent really working the whole week. Last week too. Guess next week it will be a shit storm of requests from clients at my day job. :arghh:

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
People here arent really working the whole week. Last week too.
Where in Germany are you? I'm very grateful everyone there has been off - it's enabled me to move forward on my own projects a bit more.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Where in Germany are you? I'm very grateful everyone there has been off - it's enabled me to move forward on my own projects a bit more.
Me too. I'm near Düsseldorf and Cologne.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.