The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are any of you guys interested in authenticity, happiness, success mindset?

JamieMatthewman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Oct 22, 2013
If so I'd love to know what you think about a new website I've recently launched called 'The Inspired Man'. It aims to be a digital magazine and community dedicated to supporting men who want to live an inspired life. The conversations is about building your life around authenticity, freedom, meaning and adventure.

It is still early days but right now you’ll find a collection of articles exploring topics such as personal evolution, optimal living, health and wellbeing, adventure and creating authentic success. Ideas to inspire, support and assist you to create more of what really matters, from a growing list of inspiring expert contributors. Please feel free to check it out and I'd love and appreciate your feedback.

http://www.theinspiredman.com

Many thanks for your time and attention,

Jamie

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tregan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 16, 2013
Jamie,

I really enjoy your site and will be reading more of it tonight!

Great content and the layout is aweseome too!

JamieMatthewman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Oct 22, 2013
Thanks Tregan, that's great to know. It has been a little slow getting going so it's good to know it's appreciated :) thanks for the feedback.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Are any of you guys interested in authenticity, happiness, success mindset?

Naw ... most of us are interested in a life of crime and low integrity living.

Happiness? Naw.

Success? What's that?

The people at this forum are only interested in getting by, surviving, and the fastest win-time on the latest Call of Duty video game.

C'MON MAN!

:facepalm: :rolleyes: :bored: :wacky:

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013

Happiness? Naw.

Success? What's that?

The people at this forum are only interested in getting by, surviving, and the fastest win-time on the latest Call of Duty video game.

C'MON MAN!

exactly what i was going to say :happy:

JamieMatthewman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Oct 22, 2013

Happiness? Naw.

Success? What's that?

C'MON MAN!

Fair point MJ, the headline might not have been that well thought out, but give a man a chance :)

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I'm curious why you are only targeting Men on your website? Thats 50% of potential users right out the window. As if women are not interested in happiness and success?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm curious why you are only targeting Men on your website?

Kinda difficult to target women when the domain is "TheInspiredMan.com" -- I own the domain "Inspirited" -- that is something that would be worthy of being gender neutral.

JamieMatthewman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Oct 22, 2013
I'm curious why you are only targeting Men on your website? Thats 50% of potential users right out the window. As if women are not interested in happiness and success?
Hi Socaldude,

That is a good question and maybe I've not chosen the right strategy? I was looking at the visitor stats the other day and 45% are women, however it's where my passion lies. I personally haven't found life always that easy, and it seems to me there's a gap in the market for a more meaningful, mens lifestyle magazine/blog. Most of the stuff I see out there on the mens scene is in my opinion, full mostly of fluff. The inspired man isn't just about happiness and success, it is about inspired living and that takes a more holistic approach in my opinion. Is this something you'd find of interest?

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
I think it's a good idea to narrow your niche and only target men.
Men targeted sites are enjoying a nice rise and I expect them to continue for the next few years. Now's a good time to strike.

When you compromise your vision in exchange for mass appeal you lose the passion that can arise from your users. If Gillette stopped targeting men because "Women shave too" their branding wouldn't be as powerful and they'd make less money. Same thing with Venus razors not targeting men.

With a content based business model... a tight audience opens up the possibility of cross-entertaining. After your audience had read about how to balance your girlfriend and your job, it's easier to get them to read on to an article about maintaining manly grooming habbits and how a good father/son relationship is important.

You don't have to focus SOLELY on guys... the amount you cater to a core audience is up to you. When I worked on the 2008 Cadillac SRX campaign, we chose specifically to target 80% men, 20% women. When we promoted Hummer, it was 100% men. When we were promoting Sears, we were doing it gender neutral, with a small bias towards women. There is no WRONG unless you're not maintaining a consistent message.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
That awkward moment when you realise that all you want to do is play videogames
But you don't have enough money :'(

JamieMatthewman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Oct 22, 2013
I think it's a good idea to narrow your niche and only target men.
Men targeted sites are enjoying a nice rise and I expect them to continue for the next few years. Now's a good time to strike.

When you compromise your vision in exchange for mass appeal you lose the passion that can arise from your users. If Gillette stopped targeting men because "Women shave too" their branding wouldn't be as powerful and they'd make less money. Same thing with Venus razors not targeting men.

With a content based business model... a tight audience opens up the possibility of cross-entertaining. After your audience had read about how to balance your girlfriend and your job, it's easier to get them to read on to an article about maintaining manly grooming habbits and how a good father/son relationship is important.

You don't have to focus SOLELY on guys... the amount you cater to a core audience is up to you. When I worked on the 2008 Cadillac SRX campaign, we chose specifically to target 80% men, 20% women. When we promoted Hummer, it was 100% men. When we were promoting Sears, we were doing it gender neutral, with a small bias towards women. There is no WRONG unless you're not maintaining a consistent message.

Thanks Dennis, that's great information. I think I would be diluting the message like you say if I were to try and appeal to both men and women. That is not to say women won't be interested, I hope they will be but right now I am still figuring out who the 'ideal customer' is. If you have any ideas on this I'd love to hear them :)

Thanks

Jamie

JamieMatthewman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Oct 22, 2013
Kinda difficult to target women when the domain is "TheInspiredMan.com" -- I own the domain "Inspirited" -- that is something that would be worthy of being gender neutral.
Yeah I like that MJ, just looked up the definition - "to instil courage or life into"

road_runner

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 23, 2012
I am in a kind of mental breakdown and i enjoyed reading your articles, i believe they can be quite beneficial to me
Good luck, not sure though how you are going to monetize it.

JamieMatthewman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Oct 22, 2013
I am in a kind of mental breakdown and i enjoyed reading your articles, i believe they can be quite beneficial to me
Good luck, not sure though how you are going to monetize it.
Glad you liked them, and I hope you're feeling better soon. Not sure myself how I'll monetize...just trying to see if it's of interest for now. If I can help in anyway DM me

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.