• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Get answers about starting a business from real entrepreneurs. Powered by Google.

Any Jordan Peterson fans out there?

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by TreyAllDay, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Formless

Formless Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,397
    I like him on what I like him on. But I certainly don't agree with him on everything.

He's a net positive in society, as a counterbalance to [politics I will omit on this forum]

But he's also a Deepak Chopra type who bends terms to fit his concepts.

ahartley likes this.
  2. TreyAllDay

TreyAllDay Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,823
    Mostly because everyone's been nailed with the whole feminism thing for years - lots of misinformation. Even made me pay closer attention to my relationship. My girlfriend is far less aggressive in life and business (like many women I know) and hearing all this sh*t about how men and women are the same I always thought there was something wrong, but it's just biology.

Regarding the cult-like status, although Jordan Peterson is great, I think the hardcore cult following are the neckbeard types because he's saying: you need to be alpha, casual sex is wrong, women aren't as agressive, etc.

NanoDrake and Kak like this.
  3. MattR82

MattR82 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,060
    Ahh no for me what was depressing was the journalism side of it if that makes sense. She's smart, she knows better, but so many people believe what they hear and it's depressing to see despite how obvious it is. I know it's been going on forever but I haven't had a tv in quite a few years while traveling and had forgotten about it a little lol.

Edit: it's so late here and that is one of the crappiest explanations of a post I've ever given

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    TreyAllDay likes this.
  4. NanoDrake

NanoDrake Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $559
    So you are basically saying.... :D

The pay gap legend still triggers feminists lol

Kingmaker likes this.
  5. garyfritz

garyfritz Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,939
    I don't agree with everything he says, but I have to give him major Fastlane props. In addition to writing books, speaking fees, etc, his fans also support him with a Patreon account. His Patreon earnings doubled from $30k / month to $60k / month (!!) between April and October last year, and I assume they've continued to grow. Obviously a lot of people feel he's providing major value.

Tommo, Kingmaker and TreyAllDay like this.
  6. TreyAllDay

TreyAllDay Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,823
    Yep. Women, and even a majority of men, learn about masculinity and life in general from shows like the Bachelorette, romantic comedies, etc. It's all garbage.

Your Boy George likes this.
  7. lowtek

lowtek Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $13,594
    I'm a fan.

Now excuse me while I go sort out my lobsters.

Tommo, Olimac21, Mr.C and 3 others like this.
  8. MAU

MAU Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $146
    Got hooked on Jordan Petersons Youtube videos so got his audiobook. Unfortunately, had to return it after part one because while I found his Youtube videos concise and inspiring, the book just seemed to ramble on with the same ideas and points made over and over again. My recommendation is to skip the book and go all out on his videos.

NickB and Your Boy George like this.
  9. Your Boy George

Your Boy George Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $222
    He tends to repeat the same ideas over and over which isn't a bad thing. A few great ideas > many half baked ideas

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

10. Supercar

Supercar Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,584
    I do not understand why there are so many Jordan Peterson videos re-posted on YouTube by PUA (Pick up artists).

Ninjakid, TreyAllDay and Olimac21 like this.
  11. Olimac21

Olimac21 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,005
    Probably because Peterson talks a lot about male-female relationship, mating game and hypergamy which are things PUA are interested in learning from, you know social dynamics and evolutionary psychology in action.

Supercar likes this.
  12. ahartley

ahartley Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $102
    Listened to the audio book of 12 Rules For Life. Much of it was great, some of it was meh, a little of it was garbage. Agree with @Paolo Rizzo that it was "religion-heavy," though some of that was very interesting to me as well, from an interpretation standpoint.

I will say that I did not necessarily buy his stance on everything (specifically when he gets into gender roles and privilege, etc.), but overall I think he had an interesting take on things.

YMMV, but I would say it was worth reading (or in my case, listening to).

Formless and Paolo Rizzo like this.
  13. loop101

loop101 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,221
    He does a good job of pointing out the obvious things that our disintegrating culture forbids. I predict he will be assassinated by someone trying to stop Hitler.

14. Daniel James

Daniel James Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $152
    Hey Trey,

Yeah I've followed Peterson for quite a while now. At first I was enamored with him but as time has gone on I've become more critical of some of his positions as I've learned the nuance of his arguments and ideas. I think it's probably worth a read, particularly if you like the way he reframes religious stories to apply to modern life.

I actually posted a review of his book on my YouTube channel not long ago. Here it is if you'd care to hear the nitty-gritty about the book.

Formless and TreyAllDay like this.
  15. AgainstAllOdds

AgainstAllOdds Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $47,795
    I'm a fan of Jordan Peterson.

He's one of the best communicators I've ever watched and does an amazing job of winning you over to his side.

A lot to learn from in terms of persuasion.

16. MiLeung

MiLeung New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $33
    I bought it on Audible and I would say there are some good bits here and there with the frequent story tangents that so many authors like to do. My problem was that there were too many biblical references, so I returned it.

TreyAllDay likes this.
  17. Dunkafelics

Dunkafelics Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,733
    If you find the book heavy, get it on audiobook!

I listened to the first five chapters while moving into our new place the last week and found it quite enjoyable in that format.

TreyAllDay and Supercar like this.
  18. jon.bianco

jon.bianco New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $66
    Tell the truth, or at least don't lie!
    (and that includes your self-reflections)

Enough said.

Kingmaker and NanoDrake like this.
  19. Ninjakid

Ninjakid Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Some random planet, orbiting some random star
    Rep Bank:
    $7,135
    This is definitely a misinterpretation of his message though. He talks about how men can improve themselves by becoming competent and benevolent, rather than bitter and resentful. I think his most devoting following will truly get his message, and the rest will shrink back into r/TheRedPill whichever other degenerate forum they frequent.

NanoDrake and jasoncuellar123 like this.
  20. jasoncuellar123

jasoncuellar123 Wow! Wow! Wow! Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,051
    Making intellectualism cool again.

Olimac21 and Ninjakid like this.
  21. The-J

The-J Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $11,416
    I agree with his stuff. Don't agree with his politics (well, I agree with some of em but certainly not all of them).

His idea that there's a radical leftist conspiracy in academia is based on truth and yet is a bit of a reach. Truth is, academics are mostly just sheltered but smart kids who never wanted to stop partying and were able to keep doing the college thing long enough to make it a career. They have no idea what the real world is like. Dr. Peterson is one of the few who isn't quite like this, as he grew up in a not-so-good part of rural Alberta during an economic recession.

If you consider this, of COURSE most academics would be radical leftists! It's not a conspiracy or a plot to overthrow anything. They teach what they teach because they're sheltered, and maybe it does have a negative effect on students who speak up about their own politics. Maybe it does create a 'safe space', an ideological silo where unrealistic beliefs become reality. But it's certainly not a conspiracy.

...anyway I'm done getting political here.

As far as what he teaches, it's actually pretty good for people (especially men) who have lost their way or forgotten what they should be doing in life. Depression sets in when you're lost, directionless. He helps people find that way.

Some may find that he states the obvious or belabours points that needn't be belaboured. But I think he's overall a positive influence on people my age and younger.

Formless likes this.
  22. shubham525

shubham525 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $524
    I like the way he analyses things from deep perspective. Nothing is set in stone but has a number of factors working behind the scenes.

Especially his sayings about men and women office working environment , very intriguing.

jasoncuellar123 likes this.
  23. The-J

The-J Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $11,416
  24. Windward

Windward New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $17
    I'm half way through 12 rules, so far its very good. Some interesting concepts to think about, I like his take on pre-history that comes out in his analysis.

The 'Don't lie, ever' thing got me thinking, how much easier would life be if you didn't lie to your self or others in any way. Even day to day choices, is this project really useful or am I kidding myself. Not lying would also force you to think and present a stronger face to the world.

As others have said I'll have to read it a few times to digest it properly.

Olimac21 likes this.
  25. Windward

Windward New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $17
    Good question, can anyone think of people who think in a similar way? I'd be interested to expand my knowledge in this area.

Thomas Sowell is one.