The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jordan Peterson talks about Bitcoin

Anything related to investing, including crypto

CryptoCurt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 2, 2019
Germany
Hi Cryptofans,
as i am a huge fan of Jordan Peterson as well as Cryptos, i was happy to find out that Jordan also jumps into discussions about bitcoin and brings in some psychological factors.
I searched the forum and did not find this vid, hope it is interesting for you:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVym9wtopqs

Here the content, scan through and check if this is interesting for you:

[00:00] Introduction
[0:18] Jordan introduces the "Bitcoin Bookclub" group.
[1:30] Gigi introduces himself to the viewers.
[2:10] John Vallis introduction, opening up the discussion to the empowering aspects of Bitcoin individuals who utilize the currency.
[5:00] The concept of taking more responsibility and extreme ownership that John feels Bitcoin pushes you toward.
[9:30] Richard James Introduction. A brief overview of Austrian economics as opposed to Keynesian.
[16:07] Robert Breedlove introduction.
[22:00] Explaining fiat currency. An overview of central banking history in the West. Looking at the gold standard that gave the American dollar an advantage around the world.
[29:00] John’s thoughts on value and external representation.
[31:30] Gigi talks about the technical creation and use of Bitcoin, how the total amount is stable/fixed, and why it’s set up so securely compared to other cryptocurrencies.
[39:00] Jordan speculates the reason that people use the American dollar, Richard James gives his response on "compelled currency".
[46:00] Jordan asks the group to examine the claim of arbitrary inflation in the United States and why it occurs.
[57:00] Visiting the American economic crisis of 2008.
[1:06:30] The group's opinion about Elon Musk's recent evaluation of Bitcoin's longevity.
[1:14:30] The practicality of using Bitcoin in everyday life.
[1:20:30] Exploring the potential criminal element inherent in non-regulated centralized money like Bitcoin.
[1:24:00] Thoughts on distributed sanity and revealing the truth of the world.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Archer_Zero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Oct 2, 2020
Thanks for sharing,
at the end of the video at 1:23:50, they mention the case that doing what's more financially rewarding , is moving toward the good.

but I think these generalized abstractions break in the real world. ( addicts would pay a lot to get cocaine, but that does not make producing cocaine a good act ).

CryptoCurt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 2, 2019
Germany
Thanks for sharing,
at the end of the video at 1:23:50, they mention the case that doing what's more financially rewarding , is moving toward the good.

but I think these generalized abstractions break in the real world. ( addicts would pay a lot to get cocaine, but that does not make producing cocaine a good act ).
Thanks for your thoughts, if you allow i also would respond to that...

Sure this is always the case, the higher the generalized abstraction goes, the more one can interpret it. Thats the point of generalization.
My view on the issue: See any of that discussions as a supermarket, you can buy what you like (or think is "the truth"). And you can leave anything behind, that doesn't resonate with you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.