The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Andy's Google Ads Courses

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
1) The aim of The Google Ads Jumpstart is to get you up and running asap. It's only when you're running that you'll learn.

2) If you'd like to learn a bit more about Google Ads and the Jumpstart, then here's a guest episode I did on The Subscription Box Show where we discussed Google Ads, getting started fast, and getting started with $5/day budget:

3) If you'd like to see feedback from the original course then you can check it out here:

4) You can find The Google Ads Jumpstart membership and other courses at AndyBlack.net

Let me know if you have any questions.

Andy

(Note that I increased the price from $15/mth to $25/mth and discontinued the Facebook group.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Subscribed. Not so because I need it, but as a thank you @Andy Black for what you do around here.
Oh wow. What?! Gobsmacked and humbled. Thanks @S.Y.

Don't forget the Facebook group with Weekly Q&A. Feel free to make use of that! (And the course videos are pretty good if I don't say so myself!)

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Oh wow. What?! Gobsmacked and humbled. Thanks @S.Y.

Don't forget the Facebook group with Weekly Q&A. Feel free to make use of that!
(And the course videos are pretty good if I don't say so myself!)

I will check them out for sure! My plate is a bit heavy now. Once I will have a bit more room.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Will this be primarily for local lead gen? How much applies to someone selling products?
It works for selling products too. I've not added Google Shopping courses to the Jumpstart (or the Accelerator yet for that matter). Google Shopping can work well for selling products, but so can standard paid search ads.

Like the previous standalone course, the Jumpstart will get people up and running quick - while also understanding what you're doing and WHY. And I've got the Facebook group to support people (which will help me figure out what other courses are needed to help people get going).

The Jumpstart doesn't just help people getting started though. I've done some audits of accounts people already have before they joined the Jumpstart and most rebuilt the campaigns in the style described in the videos.

I've been posting answers to some of the Weekly Q&A questions to a playlist on my YouTube channel

NOTE: The aim of the Jumpstart is to get you up and running asap - because it's only when you're running that you'll learn. From there you may want to graduate to the Accelerator, stay in the Jumpstart, or be confident enough you can work things out yourself.

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
NOTE: The aim of the Bootcamp is to get you up and running asap - because it's only when you're running that you'll learn. Once you're up and running you may want to graduate to the Accelerator, or stay in the Bootcamp, or be confident enough you can work things out yourself.
Do you have a link to the accelerator? Is the accelerator better for someone who is already running a Google ad campaign and looking to improve it?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Andy, this sounds awesome. I will be signing up soon.

Thanks!
Coolio. In your own time. There's no false scarcity here. The price will stay the same for the forseeable future (maybe forever?). The courses are going nowhere. The only thing you could be missing out on is visitors who might buy. ;)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Do you have a link to the accelerator?

The Accelerator is on the same site as the Jumpstart (www.startsellscale.com).

Is the accelerator better for someone who is already running a Google ad campaign and looking to improve it?
That depends! I've looked at lots of people's accounts and I think they'd benefit from going through the Jumpstart and building new campaigns to see if the new ones will beat the old ones. Even if the new campaigns don't perform better immediately they'll have much better visibility of what's happening in their account.

The Jumpstart shows people how to build campaigns in a good structure manually.

The Accelerator contains all courses from the Jumpstart.

The Accelerator also shows people how to bulk upload campaigns using Excel and Google Ads Editor.

It also has courses where you can look over my shoulder as I manage client accounts. You hear me thinking out loud as I try to figure out performance drops and what to do about it. Those "Follow Alongs" are proving invaluable to some because they get to see me go off down dead-ends and eventually (hopefully!) figure out what's wrong and what changes to make.

There's courses on analysing accounts and categorising keywords or search terms using Excel and pivot-tables, and courses on how we manage client projects, and a little bit on client acquisition for Google Ads freelancers.

I've more Excel videos to add this week or weekend because people say I go a bit fast in those ones. My goal is to build up a library of short How-To videos that people can refer back to when they need them again (rather than wondering where in the 20 minute video that 20 second clip was they saw a few months ago).

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hate google ads. But they have brought me a lot of income sporadically so I’m in. Will sign up tonight after dinner. Listened to your podcast. It’s a good one.
Lol. Lots of people hate Google Ads. The interface is over complicated. Probably the most common word I hear is “overwhelmed”.

Glad you liked that podcast. I should probably create a separate thread on it just so people can listen to it who aren’t interested in the bootcamp.

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
The Accelerator is on the same site as the Bootcamp (www.inboundmarketeer.com).

There's also a free course on there where I chatted to @Fid about my organic inbound strategies.

View attachment 36283

That depends! I've looked at lots of people's accounts and I think they'd benefit from going through the Bootcamp and building new campaigns to see if the new ones will beat the old ones. Even if the new campaigns don't perform better immediately they'll have much better visibility of what's happening in their account.

The Bootcamp shows people how to build campaigns in a good structure manually.

The Accelerator contains all courses from the Bootcamp.

The Accelerator also shows people how to bulk upload campaigns using Excel and Google Ads Editor.

It also has courses where you can look over my shoulder as I manage client accounts. You hear me thinking out loud as I try to figure out performance drops and what to do about it. Those "Follow Alongs" are proving invaluable to some because they get to see me go off down dead-ends and eventually (hopefully!) figure out what's wrong and what changes to make.

There's courses on analysing accounts and categorising keywords or search terms using Excel and pivot-tables, and courses on how we manage client projects, and a little bit on client acquisition for Google Ads freelancers.

I've more Excel videos to add this week or weekend because people say I go a bit fast in those ones. My goal is to build up a library of short How-To videos that people can refer back to when they need them again (rather than wondering where in the 20 minute video that 20 second clip was they saw a few months ago).
Got it! Just signed up to the jumpstart, going to dive in and start from scratch. I'll rebuild my campaign using your teachings and compare the results.

Excel has been a learning curve for me tracking all my KPIs in business, and I haven't even gotten into it for tracking my Google Ad campaigns. Setting up tracking and analytics for my campaign is one of those things that makes me say "I don't know where to start".

I've been manually tracking some of the campaign metrics in Google Sheets, but to scale this further I know I need to iron out the analytics to continue to lower my CAC.

Looking forward to diving into the bootcamp.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Great to have you onboard.

I'll rebuild my campaign using your teachings and compare the results.

Don't touch your current campaigns. Build new campaigns and then maybe pause your old campaigns. You need a fallback position if the new campaigns don't work as well. There's also strategies to migrate the "traffic" from one campaign to another. I'm going to do a video about that.

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
Great to have you onboard.

Don't touch your current campaigns. Build new campaigns and then maybe pause your old campaigns. You need a fallback position if the new campaigns don't work as well. There's also strategies to migrate the "traffic" from one campaign to another. I'm going to do a video about that.
Yup! That's what I meant. I won't be deleting the old campaign. I'll build a new campaign without changing the old campaign just incase.

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey
Just subscribed to this! I'm on the keyword section so far, but I love how you break down the videos in nice, bite-sized chunks so it's easy to process. You're a wonderful teacher!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just subscribed to this! I'm on the keyword section so far, but I love how you break down the videos in nice, bite-sized chunks so it's easy to process. You're a wonderful teacher!
Thanks! Much appreciated. My goal is for each video to contain just one step, and titled appropriately so you can find them later when you need them.

I think there’s too much fluff in most courses and content, and it does a disservice to those who want to get stuff done rather than consume endlessly.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Carlitos

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 13, 2016
New York City
Man I am so glad I came to TFLF to see what has changed, new business ventures, ideas, etc... I am currently looking to sign a one year lease to start (shop) to offer services such as Window Film, Paint Correctiong, Auto Detailing, Ceramic Coating etc..

Digital Marketing has gone crazy due to the pandemic and is here to stay, is the future to market along with social media for future businesses.

I would like to at least get my google digital marketing or advertising to where I can at least bring in my overhead cost which is around 1,200 a month. I would definitely would love to learn how to start my own company marketing or advertising without throwing a chunk of money (which i have a limited budget) to get this business going. I am so glad I found this thread.

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
If you want to hear a bit more, then here's a guest episode I did on The Subscription Box Show where we discussed Google Ads, getting started fast, getting started with $5/day budget, and the Bootcamp:

Aloha Andy... just searching for that podcast you did but theres no audio link there.
Here you go:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
This is a post from another thread, but definitely belongs here as well.

Andy's course was a major stepping stone for getting my business off the ground and I highly recommend anyone check it out. Especially if you are in a local service business.

I have to give a lot of credit to @Andy Black. I scaled my business from 0-$13,000/month from his Google Ads course alone.

It taught me how to get in front of the people already looking for me.

His posts here on the forum and his course taught me from knowing just the basics on Google Ads and spreadsheets to now having 50 campaigns targeting different locations by zip codes so that the headlines can be hyper targeted and having complicated spreadsheets to track everything and create the campaigns.

Every business's needs are obviously different but he taught me the skills to be able to learn by trial and error.

Now i know how to analyze my data to make informed decisions.

Not sure if I ever said it formally but thank you @Andy Black . Your courses and posts have been a life changer for me.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This is a post from another thread, but definitely belongs here as well. Andy's course was a major stepping stone for getting my business off the ground and I highly recommend anyone check it out. Especially if you are in a local service business.

I have to give a lot of credit to @Andy Black. I scaled my business from 0-$13,000/month from his Google Ads course alone.

It taught me how to get infront of the people already looking for me.

His posts here on the forum and his course taught me from knowing just the basics on Google Ads and spreadsheets to now having 50 campaigns targeting different locations by zip codes so that the headlines can be hyper targeted and having complicated spreadsheets to track everything and create the campaigns.

Every business's needs are obviously different but he taught me the skills to be able to learn by trial and error.

Now i know how to analyze my data to make informed decisions.

Not sure if I ever said it formally but thank you @Andy Black . Your courses and posts have been a life changer for me.
@Empires … You’re a legend.

1) For implementing.

I helped you Jumpstart out of the blocks, but you did the work to get to where you are.

2) For this feedback.

For course creators this is the type of feedback that keeps us going. Thank you!

If you want to hop on a quick Zoom to audit your account/site then just PM me.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I increased The Google Ads Jumpstart from $15/mth to $20/mth.

When people asked if I had courses I was always a bit embarrassed saying the membership was $15/mth - it just seemed too cheap. At least now it will feel a bit more "serious".

The plan is to add more courses to the platform that are NOT just about Google Ads. I want to add a lot more inbound marketing lessons, and to add lessons to help people with freelancing and selling as a techie. The monthly membership will give access to them all - like Skillshare and Netflix.

For the next 24 hours I'll create a coupon for you if you'd like to signup for the $15/mth. Just PM me if you're interested.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This week I presented a live workshop for @Fox 's Fox Web School / Legends Program where I spent a couple of hours explaining how I've built my own business.

This included:
  • The benefits of selling Google Ads as a Service.
  • How I got my first clients.
  • How I charge clients.
  • How I'm scaling.
This is the first time I've presented this, and covers all the advice I've given friends over the years.

I've added it into my own $25/mth Google Ads Jumpstart as a Bonus Module. I may move it into a separate course later.

If you're interested in selling Google Ads as a service for other businesses then you can find it as the last Bonus Module.

Hope it helps! Let me know if you have feedback or questions.

Andy

Link:

New module.png

bublav

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Aug 16, 2018
Hi Andy,

Interested in joining the Google Ads Jumpstart. I just have a few questions, though.
1. Do you continuously add content to your membership portal, that's why you charge monthly?
2. Is there a minimum period of commitment to be a member of the GA Jumpstart?
3. Will this apply if I provide Google Ads as a Service to local businesses?
4. How long will the course take if I allocate say 2 hours a day to consuming all its contents?

Thanks.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.