The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Andy Black just dropped some wisdom.

Anything related to matters of the mind

RyanK OnMyWay

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jan 27, 2016
PA
Just got off an hour long phone call with Mr. Andy Black.

He changed the way I look at things. In an hour.

-I asked a stereotypical "how would you do that"
Andy told me that its not how, you'll figure that out. It's what and why.

-He also asked me a question that completely stumped me and I think it's a question that we should all ask ourselves. "If money wasn't an object then what would you do with your life." I couldn't answer it, yet.

-He told me that everyone has their high ground, their advantage. Talking to him at first made me think that, wow I don't have much to offer. Andy then said think about my local area and what I have to offer or what do people come to me for. I quickly realized I had my own high ground in my area. Everyone has something to offer, find yours.

An incredibly down to earth guy that genuinely wants to help people out.

I look to him as someone I aspire to be like.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RyanK OnMyWay

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jan 27, 2016
PA

-He also asked me a question that completely stumped me and I think it's a question that we should all ask ourselves. "If money wasn't an object then what would you do with your life." I couldn't answer it, yet.

-He told me that everyone has their high ground, their advantage. Talking to him at first made me think that, wow I don't have much to offer. Andy then said think about my local area and what I have to offer or what do people come to me for. I quickly realized I had my own high ground in my area. Everyone has something to offer, find yours.

And of course he is an adwords wizard :O

RyanK OnMyWay

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jan 27, 2016
PA
Love it. Hard not to feel extremely privileged to have come across a community with people like the ones on this forum.
It's honestly unbelievable. It's bad to say, but I have never experienced someone as genuine as andy. Some might say that I am being naive for believing that over a 1 hour phone call, but I believe it and it's all about perspective right? :)

safff

Redlining
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 11, 2015
Tell a friend. Might change their life too.

Definately, this site (and MJ's book) are always high up on my list of places to refer anyone to who's looking to make a change.

Motivationcity

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 24, 2016

This is true...I went from owning my own business to moving down south and starting a whole different lifestyle. I was unsatisfied with what I was doing with my life, I made lots of money, but that did not make me any happier.
So
I'm on a self-improvement journey to help me and as many people as I can.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Time is something you can never get back. When someone gives you their time, it is among the most valuable things they could ever give you.

Chimp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 30, 2016
Definately, this site (and MJ's book) are always high up on my list of places to refer anyone to who's looking to make a change.

Off-topic but I just wanted to help out as I couldn't remember how to spell definitely for the longest time. If you think of it as de"finite"ly I think it will help :)

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Could you expand on what the angle you were asking "how would you do that" was at? Like how would someone become a millionaire type angle?

Best of luck, use the fire in you now from this call and start kicking some a$$

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Could you expand on what the angle you were asking "how would you do that" was at? Like how would someone become a millionaire type angle?

I started a thread on this that I'll add to at a later date:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Time is something you can never get back. When someone gives you their time, it is among the most valuable things they could ever give you.
Agreed @Vigilante. Hopefully I've flipped a switch.

The positive ROI for me isn't measured in dollars if I've saved a twenty-something a few years of going round in circles. It'll come back to me one day, one way or another. Even if it doesn't - it's something I can't NOT do. ;)

I wish we'd managed to record it to drop into the forum, but my Skype recorder broke when Skype upgraded itself. Another "stepping stone" to overcome...

I just wanted to point something out. There's something WAY more valuable than time, and that's your attention. Spending time with your kids while you're watching the TV or engrossed in your phone? Don't kid yourself - that's not what they want.

It's not how much time we have on this earth, but what we do with it.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

@RyanK OnMyWay - thanks for writing this up so others can benefit. Shame we couldn't record it - we were both kicking ourselves.

It's refreshing to talk to someone whose WHY's are to help their parents and brother. Good for you at getting to this at such a young age.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I want to be like Andy when I grow up too. lol

RyanK OnMyWay

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jan 27, 2016
PA

He was telling me about adwords, along the way there was a step that popped into my mind that I didn't know how to do. So I asked him, how do you do this? I felt like a small child saying GIMME after he got done explaining :D:notworthy:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
If we're talking about the same Andy Blank (YouTube SEO ninja) than yes he's definitely a standup guy. Super smart!
Thanks, but I don't think that's me. I can't even spell SEO...

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
I just wanted to point something out. There's something WAY more valuable than time, and that's your attention. Spending time with your kids while you're watching the TV or engrossed in your phone? Don't kid yourself - that's not what they want

Dropped nuclear knowledge bomb right there.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I only work Mon-Fri now and have done for years. It's a happier and healthier life and you get WAY more done too. Spending time away from my business is just as important as time spent at my Mac.

Most of my solutions come to me when I stop thinking about the problem and enjoy life. I can't stress that enough and it's importance.

twj97

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Oct 6, 2016
Being following the forum for a while but have only recently joined.

I had a brief chat with Andy as there were a few things I was relatively unsure about, he really helped me out and I began to look at few things from a different perspective in such a short conversation.

As Ryan said he's really someone to aspire to be like, brilliant to have him on the forum

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
Yes, already I have learned so much from Andy just from reading what he has written and said in the forum. He provides so much value.
Thank you Andy.

I feel that Andy is super congruent everytime. Which is something that I am learning.
I like how to be really good at business you need to see the world and yourself as it is, without any filters and all truth.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I feel that Andy is super congruent everytime. Which is something that I am learning.
I like how to be really good at business you need to see the world and yourself as it is, without any filters and all truth.
Thanks.

I sometimes go into a thread to comment, to find I wrote something a year ago identical to what I was about to say. I guess that's good, unless it's a sign I'm not making progress.

(Had to Google congruent to check what it meant... was thinking trigonometry for some reason.)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.